High beam's

BlueSky <3

Suggestion Name: Forbidden to turn on high beam's on the Calais-Duisburg road, Brüssel, Calais and Duisburg.
Suggestion Description: High beam's are blending on the road, when there is a driver. At Calais-Dusiburg and the high traffic city's it is just distracting and annoying.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: It will reduce lag and reduce the accident rate.

2 hours ago, preciseloner said:

Suggestion Name: Forbidden to turn on high beam's on the Calais-Duisburg road, Brüssel, Calais and Duisburg.
Suggestion Description: High beam's are blending on the road, when there is a driver. At Calais-Dusiburg and the high traffic city's it is just distracting and annoying.
Any example images: Nope.
Why should it be added?: It will reduce lag and reduce the accident rate.

Unlike in real life, In-game high beams do not dazzle people or disorientate them whilst driving.

Only in real life do people with high beams get really annoying when they've drive past at an equivalent to a flash-bang.

This is a -1 from me.

13 hours ago, icebatgaming47 said:

Unlike in real life, In-game high beams do not dazzle people or disorientate them whilst driving.

Only in real life do people with high beams get really annoying when they've drive past at an equivalent to a flash-bang.

This is a -1 from me.

It will reduce lag at a traffic jam, when we turn off the high beam's.

14 hours ago, FirestarteR93 said:

Why not simply add an option to disable the high beams from MP's settings - it'll make both sides happy

Really good idea, but what about the flasher? How do you do that?

16 hours ago, preciseloner said:

It will reduce lag at a traffic jam, when we turn off the high beam's.

Really good idea, but what about the flasher? How do you do that?

I've played ETS2mp for years and can safely say I've never encountered lag caused by high beans being in, whether my own or other people's, what causes lag mostly is people using beacon lights in traffic (a lot of us are still stuck to old school habits where beacons are used as emergency lights to warn traffic to slow down). 

On 5/3/2017 at 3:09 PM, [FC-T] sko0923 said:

Or we can make it a rule to turn high beams off when approaching or following another vehicle, just like in real life. 

People won't follow. If I'm correct its a law in real life and about 40% of people don't follow it.

3 hours ago, 21Sniper said:

People won't follow. If I'm correct its a law in real life and about 40% of people don't follow it.

Not sure where you live but here in Canada, it is a law to turn high beams off within 150m of an oncoming vehicle and 60m when following a vehicle. I generally tend to follow that rule in ETS2/ATS, but realistically, I just shut them off when I see another vehicle. Not gonna try to count the distance I am from them. Getting back to your point though, people generally follow it here. Maybe 5% of people I've seen don't, but the other 95% seem to. But hey, its Canada, eh?

-1 High Beams in MP are not one bit distracting, they do not dazzle/blind and cause no fps drop, having a rule like this would be very unfair and also pretty hard to enforce. Also some player need to use high beams as they may have rain or darker screen settings so need high beams to see better. Punishing someone because they have their high beams on would be just ridiculously extreme and unfair :unsure: (If I remember correctly there have been topics about this before but not 100% sure)

Alot of people wouldn't obey this if it was a rule anyway (plenty don't in real life) Here its more fog lights then high beams, not supposed to use fog lights unless its very foggy but nearly every couple of cars has fog lights on all the time :rolleyes: don't see as many people with high beams on where but thats cause I'm in the city (suburbs) :P

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Not sure if it really have such impact but i agree about high beams, especially when some ppl put additional lights at every possible slot. 
I switch to low beam even if i know it does not affect other drivers at all, it's a way to show respect, on busy roads we drive too slow and i see no point of using high beam.

• 1 month later...

Archived