Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Allow report evidence to be uploaded on TMP's website

sko0923

Suggestion Name: Allow report evidence to be uploaded on TMP's website

Suggestion Description: Allow for video's and photo's to be uploaded straight onto the TMP website, and not other applications. 

Any example images: Nope

Why should it be added?: It would make it easier for people to upload the content I would think, and not have to search for an application to upload the video's and photos to (eg. Imgur, YouTube). In some cases like YouTube it would also mean users would not have to register there to upload the video, and the evidence will forever be here and cannot be deleted like it could off of YouTube. Or, if this can't be done, have a link for a trusted photo and video sharing source where users can share their evidence.

dude, really? -1

"the evidence will forever be here and cannot be deleted"

Do you realize how big must be storage server to keep all video evidences FOREVER? Like hundreds of terabytes even after video compressing, now try to guess how much would it cost to run this server 24/7 with good hosting.. like thousand of dollars monthly, do you still think this is a good idea?

We have youtube for videos and imgur for pictures, FOR FREE, you can upload as much as you want and our content will stay there FOREVER! All you have to do is to make an account, that's not hard.

38 minutes ago, novice said:

dude, really? -1

Do you realize how big must be storage server to keep all video evidences FOREVER? Like hundreds of terabytes even after video compressing, now try to guess how much would it cost to run this server 24/7 with good hosting.. like thousand of dollars monthly, do you still think this is a good idea?

We have youtube for videos and imgur for pictures, FOR FREE, you can upload as much as you want and our content will stay there FOREVER! All you have to do is to make an account, that's not hard.

I'm sure there is a way to do it for pretty cheap. I've seen many other places do it. Google Drive, for example, is free. If they can somehow link Google Drive into their website it would make for a good video/photo sharing place. Just a suggestion man, I don't know too too much on how internet servers/websites work, but this just came to my head, and wanted to see what others think.

On 5/2/2017 at 1:05 AM, novice said:

dude, really? -1

Could the evidence be deleted after The report is claimed or when the users ban is up? 

As much as this would make uploading evidence much easier, its unlikely to happen, due to the reasons listed above.

I'd love to be able to do this, as its much easier than uploading to, for example, YouTube, but the amount of storage needed, and considering the amount of reports sent in daily, its very expensive.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

TruckersMP will not be able to afford to have their servers store evidence.
3 minutes of reporting already costs 500MB 
I do not know how many reports come in per day, but I think if they store it locally, they would need at least 10TB's of space for all the reports that come in. At minimum.
Maybe even more. 

Then they need to change the infrastructure, because of storage servers. Backup storage for in case the storage unit goes down. 
A licensed corporate virusscanner, to check all incoming stored data. A additional firewall for those servers. 

I cannot make a estimation of cost, that comes with this kind of project. But it is a lot.
While just uploading it to a video storage site and then link it in the report, is just a few clicks extra for people making them reports. 

Why bother with a own server, if the options on the internet are limitless. 

• 2 months later...

Although this is convenient, it would take a lot of space because there are a lot of reports and evidence for them; with most people reporting with a video so this would be a storage issue.  Also this has been rejected before

Spoiler

Rejected

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.