Should Skodas Be Banned? What are your thoughts?

ImOllie

Hi, my name is Ollie, I am a player of TruckersMP and I love it, Until I see one thing in my mirror. SKODAS! They are always used to block/grief and just in general irritate, even VTC's are now just using trucks as Convoy Control vehicles. The Skodas have such a negative reputation in the TruckersMP community, but I want to hear what you think. Here is a post which I made in the TruckersMP Discord:

No one enforces the Skodas being banned on C-D, they come under useless traffic. Why is it I was speaking to some players and an Admin said, a truck without a trailer is useless traffic on C-D, and so are Skodas, so why isn't in enforced, we don't need the stupid things, all they do is cause drivers who are trying to acctually drive trucks, on a trucking game get rammed and overtaken by Skodas causing crashes, I think they should be banned personally.

PLEASE VOTE ON THE STRAWPOLL LINK BELOW WITH WHAT YOU THINK SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THE SKODAS, I THINK IT NEEDS TO BE SORTED AS IT IS JUST BECOME RIDICULOUS NOW.

Vote Here: I HAVE REMOVED THE POLL. PLEASE READ MOST RECENT COMMENT. THANK YOU.

Thank you for reading,

Ollie - Events Manager for Tango Transport VTC.

Kind Regards,

Ollie

xMbPhG7.png

No.

• To be honest, I didn't know that trucks with no trailer were counted as useless traffic since I go on a free cruise only in my Skoda. Although I only go on my free cruises in my Skoda, I would like the term "useless traffic" to be narrowed down to situations when someone is going back and forth a place. It must be frustrating to pay attention to where the GPS will be leading you for people who travel in a truck with no trailer...
  • I can drive the Skoda very well except for situations when the person in front of me brakes suddenly and I have no option but crash into them due to the car's weak brakes - this can be addressed with an update. I don't ram people, and will never accept others' bad driving skills for the Skoda to be taken off my hands.

Hello Ollie,

10 minutes ago, heyitsolliee_ said:

SKODAS! They are always used to block/grief and just in general irritate, even VTC's are now just using trucks as Convoy Control vehicles. The Skodas have such a negative reputation in the TruckersMP community, but I want to hear what you think.

Right.

It varies from driver to driver how their behavior in traffic is, not everyone are going to grief you or undertake in the offroads. I know for a fact there are many skoda drivers with great manners, so please do report the wrong-doing instead of blaming all of rulebreaking. 

I personally have encountered many problems specifically with some skoda drivers, but also enjoyed cruising alongside others, and as opposite, been cruising my Skoda and had a great talk to random truckers I met. ;)

6 minutes ago, Aragon said:

We worked for over a year to add them to the game, they aren't leaving anytime soon.

Same as above, I think it's rather disrespectful to remove them instead of actually reporting them first. Just get Bandicam, works effeciently and doesn't make you lagg - or any recording software with 'replay' feature, e.g. Nvidia Share, works like a charm ! ^_^

As a last note, you may try save your game regularly (every 200 KM or whatever you desire) so that you can load the save and that'll act as refund, though wasting a bit of time.

I respect your opinion, but I think it's crucial to remember that reporting with video often leads to a ban, so be patient and wait for the trolls to be punished! :D

Corder

I think no, Its not the skoda's that cause the problems, there are just bad drivers and trollers, The problem is: If your driving a car you need to be more carfull that you won't crash into somebody

11 minutes ago, Corder RS said:

Hello Ollie,

Right.

It varies from driver to driver how their behavior in traffic is, not everyone are going to grief you or undertake in the offroads. I know for a fact there are many skoda drivers with great manners, so please do report the wrong-doing instead of blaming all of rulebreaking. 

I personally have encountered many problems specifically with some skoda drivers, but also enjoyed cruising alongside others, and as opposite, been cruising my Skoda and had a great talk to random truckers I met. ;)

Same as above, I think it's rather disrespectful to remove them instead of actually reporting them first. Just get Bandicam, works effeciently and doesn't make you lagg - or any recording software with 'replay' feature, e.g. Nvidia Share, works like a charm ! ^_^

As a last note, you may try save your game regularly (every 200 KM or whatever you desire) so that you can load the save and that'll act as refund, though wasting a bit of time.

I respect your opinion, but I think it's crucial to remember that reporting with video often leads to a ban, so be patient and wait for the trolls to be punished! :D

Corder

I do agree with the part that they should be punished for it, but some people will do it agian and agian until they get banned for it ( Sometimes Not To Be Annyoing Or Anything)

And people that have experience with ets2mp for like at least a year should understand not to such things that could get them into trouble

It often happens to me that by overtaking other players with trucks crash into me and the oppisete, For now reporting and sometimes bans are the only thing that are helpfull at this time

I could mabye be thinking of something like a training course for skoda drivers that might have caused big traffic jams or huge problems

Mabye this could help for some users (Lets hope it will ;))

TruckingHazards

Owner Of ETL INC.  (Euro Truck Logistics)

If the Skodas were to be banned, that means the admins would be driving around in the next best police automobile

article-1308297-0B024189000005DC-77_634x

But seriously, the car itself isn't the problem. It's the driver who spoils it for everyone else 

It's not the actual cars that should be banned, it should be the people driving them. As the idiots who drive those cars will just do the same thing in a much bigger truck.

Yes i'm with you when you talk about a lot of people driving Skodas cannot drive to save their lives, but there are people who CAN drive these cars. So i think we need to keep reporting these drivers and eventually they will start to learn (fingers crossed).

If the trolls cannot ram with a car, they will ram with a truck.
Even though ramming with a truck is less disastrous than a truck. Because the car can wedge itself below a truck and trailer, and drives much faster.

If I were a game developer I would ban the scoda's on the hand of this poll.

And then introduce the exact same cars and call them Mercedes :P

In my opinion the Scout cars are just annoying to any truck driver in the game that intents to drive at a proper level in the current state. However i wouldn't say we should straight away just ban them from the client, as the devs spent lots of hard work into it. But in my opinion they definitely need some adjustments in order to make them less attractive troll machines, which they clearly are right now. For example it would be really nice if the weight of the cars could get decreased, as right now it is causing the same amount of damage to a truck when crashing into it like another truck would do. I think if the potential damage would get decreased significantly, many trolls would actually quit abusing the cars for bad purposes. Therefore i am still dreaming that one day we will get some minor adjustments to the cars physics, even though i am aware that most likely everything's just going to stay the way it is right now...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

I can't speak for others but I know I have future convoys in the works with distinguished members that are responsible pilot cars. If they took them away I know I personally would be a little disappointed.

But as Aragon said 

We worked for over a year to add them to the game, they aren't leaving anytime soon.

That's good to know.

22 hours ago, heyitsolliee_ said:

They are always used to block/grief and just in general irritate, even VTC's are now just using trucks as Convoy Control vehicles.

Objection!

Your statement is a wide generalization that damages the good reputation of road users that abide by the rules and do no harm at all.

Besides of that, the Skoda is still widely used to support convoys.

I don't think they should be banned.... I started driving the Skoda a few days ago and got blocked 5 times within half an hour and everyone who blocked me was in trucks.... I have had 1 or 2 incidents with players with Skodas who will cut me off and just troll me and 10+ players in trucks who have rammed me and so on...

I think that is a complement to the original game and is positive, otherside is that people  that take the skoda to crash and overtake without common sense. I have to say that the accidents in cars and truck are pretty near cause a car can overtake more easily but  the truck can if not have a 700+ hp engine with cargo included. From my point of view for few people all people not have to pay as guilty, the ones that break any rule get ban and thats all.

PD: Skodas in game yes!

I appreciate the people who worked for adding Skoda to TruckersMP. And also I believe in democracy. If the qualified majority of truckers want Skodas out of the game, either developers may adjust Skodas to have better dynamics or a new model of car can be bringing to the TruckersMP. But, Skodas should never be out of the game, it can be harmful to TruckersMP. Not everyone is a fanatic trucker, but also there are some car drivers.

I understand why admins wouldn't limit the use of Skodas (Even after the majority of the community wants this removed).

I suggested before that Skoda should be a "donation" feature. This will limit the amount of trolls on Skodas ramming everyone since who would want to waste their money on a Skoda if they know they are going to be reckless and get banned.

But yeah, this is my opinion above and no one should be offended

No. Skoda cars are good in game. I cant imagine convoys without pilot car or admins work also without them. Players who are driving recless, get ban. No metter in what type of vehicle they are. I recommended last time to block skodas for player who have 3+ bans for ramming or overtaking but now i know that i wasnt right :)

Archived