Undercutting low fps/high pop area

Bonehead

Hey

I'm curious, why is there such a vast difference between admins opinions on reports?

Aren't they supposed to impartial, and judge the same?

While i do appreciate what those guys do, i'm still left wondering at times, when example

A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvyZNYoalR4&feature=youtu.be

B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JSI4JW5HXA&feature=youtu.be

goes unpunished, declined as a "minor offense"..

Am i to understand, based on the unnamed admins decision, that undercutting in low fps/high pop area is perfectly okay to get away with?!

76561198006173090.png

Simulator games non-stop!

"Getting away with" would imply that no punishment at all would be applied for such offence. Quite obviously that is incorrect and punishment, whilst not in form of a ban, does at least still get applied. However, such offences are not something that is translated through web reports. Only bans can be applied through there.

Yeah, as gwait said, you won't get banned for this, but of course you can't kick someone through the web report system.

Wouldn't make sense neither technically, nor theoretically.

Hope I could help,

matematrix :D

22 minutes ago, gwait said:

"Getting away with" would imply that no punishment at all would be applied for such offence. Quite obviously that is incorrect and punishment, whilst not in form of a ban, does at least still get applied. However, such offences are not something that is translated through web reports. Only bans can be applied through there.

In case I helped you to your satisfaction or you find my post funny, there is a green arrow beside my post. Click it to reward the effort, please :)

appreciate the inputs, and while a kick is certainly suitable ingame, well..

player list makes it near impossible to find the right people to report ingame, seeing as newest detected is in the buttom, and not based on a descending order of session id's..

add a hundred people, with a list that keeps jumping, and voila, can't bother to make the ingame report..

however, i find it interesting how actual overtakes on the road (at same slow pace), in the same situation get people banned - but doing so on the grass warrants "just" a kick..

catch my drift?

76561198006173090.png

Simulator games non-stop!

5 hours ago, Bonehead said:

appreciate the inputs, and while a kick is certainly suitable ingame, well..

player list makes it near impossible to find the right people to report ingame, seeing as newest detected is in the buttom, and not based on a descending order of session id's..

add a hundred people, with a list that keeps jumping, and voila, can't bother to make the ingame report..

however, i find it interesting how actual overtakes on the road (at same slow pace), in the same situation get people banned - but doing so on the grass warrants "just" a kick..

catch my drift?

Depends on the situation I guess. Overtaking on the grass with low speed, does not hurt anyone. It is just annoying.
But if you slow overtake going against the traffic, hindering traffic coming at you, it is a ban for reckless driving.

I think I saw a admin ban someone, who was overtaking on the grass low speed, going against traffic.

Overtaking like that in real life would lead to a fine and black points on your licence. 

Imo due to tbh realism of the mp, there should be a minimum of a ban for this dangerous manoeuvre

Those videos you linked aren't even a kick worthy in my opinion. I would just TPR them and if they ask why i would just tell them dont undertake,thats it.

And if we were to be impartial in your words/understanding, There would be only 1 admin on team, Every admin has a different PoV and every admin does their work differently.

+Another question, Why even go to high population area's if you will get annoyed by the littlest thing say People driving on grass? 

Undertaking or Undercutting as some call it, in itself is not illegal but is considered as dangerous and reckless driving. When roads (Non Dual carriage ways) are constructed (mainly outside built up areas, eg highways), enough room called kerbs, curbs or pavement depending on which you choose to use is allowed for specific reasons such as emergency stops due to vehicle breakdown and other unforeseen circumstances such as accidents and so on. When there is a traffic jam and a driver decides to undertake, it is regarded as reckless driving but in most cases if he's able to rejoin the flow of traffic without causing any accidents gets away unpunished. With regards to TruckersMP when ingame doing Admin work, and I see a driver undertaking I generally kick them for reckless driving, I would only ban that driver if by doing so he or she in an attempt to rejoin the flow of traffic rams a player who has patiently waited an queued up in the traffic jam. 

If a player is offroading against oncoming traffic, that's a straight ban because it's  reckless and dangerous and supposing a driver decides to pull over that would result in a head on collision.

It is worthy to note that if such is reported on the report system it gets declined because it's more of a kick than ban, But if the reporter provides evidence that the Driver or Trucker undertaking actually disrupted the flow of traffic by forcing his way back in and ramming then a ban can be issued as Reckless Driving or Ramming depending on the admin.

NOTE: If a player is undertaking and you intentionally steer into his path to block him and use it to make a report, the reporter could be banned for blocking because that's dangerous driving. Never attempt to obstruct the flow of traffic, instead record, report and let the admins deal with it.

I hope this answers your questions and thanks for raising this concern because I believe it would go a long way to clarify from a players point of view why such reports are declined.

With regards to the statement below:

On 5/1/2017 at 9:04 AM, oolala11 said:

Overtaking like that in real life would lead to a fine and black points on your licence. 

Imo due to tbh realism of the mp, there should be a minimum of a ban for this dangerous manoeuvre

I have been in a traffic jam on a country road here in UK and a lot of drivers started to undertake an unmarked police vehicle switched on his sirens and blocked them and he came out of his car and started redirecting them all back into the flow of traffic like a traffic warden would do. Nobody got a ticket, sometimes it's best you research before making general statements to avoid controversy because there is no law against undertaking even though it's classed as reckless. In most cases the police officers would generally act based on their discretion in cases like that. Some may just issue a fine (which of course can easily be debated and overturned) or give the driver a verbal warning and not points on licence as it's more of a minor traffic offence

6 hours ago, immortal766 said:

With regards to the statement below:

I have been in a traffic jam on a country road here in UK and a lot of drivers started to undertake an unmarked police vehicle switched on his sirens and blocked them and he came out of his car and started redirecting them all back into the flow of traffic like a traffic warden would do. Nobody got a ticket, sometimes it's best you research before making general statements to avoid controversy because there is no law against undertaking even though it's classed as reckless. In most cases the police officers would generally act based on their discretion in cases like that. Some may just issue a fine (which of course can easily be debated and overturned) or give the driver a verbal warning and not points on licence as it's more of a minor traffic offence

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake. - Highway Code Rule 268.  

It can be classified under reckless driving; *Dangerous driving- 2 years’ imprisonment / Unlimited fine / Obligatory disqualification, Points -3 to 11 (if exceptionally not disqualified)

Careless and inconsiderate driving Unlimited fine / Discretionary disqualification Points -3 to 9

Research is done prior to posting and according to the legal code of driving in the UK, it can lead to a big fine and points.  Sometimes police officers are looking out for something else - ie a suspect so do not have the time to stop everyone. - Source that it can lead to points; 2 real police officer friends

• 2 weeks later...

Archived