TruckersMP 3 Year Anniversary Races Information

El1teZombiezHD

Actually, @axemption, I agree with you. 

A clear set of rules would help a lot but I think we should just use our common sense by deciding whether something is allowed or not. 

A clear set of rules? What could be clearer than the already mentioned statement that the regular rules will apply?

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

14 minutes ago, Mike Dragon said:

A clear set of rules? What could be clearer than the already mentioned statement that the regular rules will apply?

In regular rules you cant drive reckless and u have to calculate other people hitbox. Here is no collision server where is no such thing as ramming. Which means we can drive without lights because we wont cause any problems to other players.

^

I know that. What I mean is that it has already been established that the default rules will apply, save for the exceptions that have also been mentioned.

Participants will be able to drive on the incorrect side of the road as it will be a Non-Collisions Server

But regardless of that, why on Earth would you want to ghost drive in a race? What's your logic behind such intention?

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

11 hours ago, Mike Dragon said:

What could be clearer than the already mentioned statement that the regular rules will apply?

You cannot know that but I have asked El1teZombiezHD whether is was allowed to cut corners a little bit. The answer was clear, it isn't allowed but I wasn't able to find a clear and unmissinderstandable definition of what it means that "drastically cutting corners is not allowed". 

This word, drastically, bothers me. Who decides what is drastic and what is within the allowed borders? 

However, I have found my answer already but this is the point I wanted to mention. 

Better I know it before than I will be disqualified after. 

I mean, the first few races will be easy as there are still keyboard players in it but later on when only the top notch elite is racing every meter will be taking into account whether it will be a victory or a defeat. 

Kind regards ;)

7 hours ago, Anriandor said:

You cannot know that but I have asked El1teZombiezHD whether is was allowed to cut corners a little bit. The answer was clear, it isn't allowed but I wasn't able to find a clear and unmissinderstandable definition of what it means that "drastically cutting corners is not allowed". 

This word, drastically, bothers me. Who decides what is drastic and what is within the allowed borders? 

However, I have found my answer already but this is the point I wanted to mention. 

I mean, the first few races will be easy as there are still keyboard players in it but later on when only the top notch elite is racing every meter will be taking into account whether it will be a victory or a defeat. 

Kind regards ;)

I would guess that "drastically cutting corners" would be something along the lines of going off-road where possible to cut a corner. Say for example that you are going up or down an exit ramp (like the one at the bridge that goes over Death Road) and instead of simply driving very close to the edge of the road you actually go directly into the grass in an arc instead of a 90º angle turn.

DnmnZYF.png

At least that's my understanding/guess. Could you please confirm that for us, @El1teZombiezHD ?

I am a keyboard player but for the racing, I will be using mouse steering because I am not nuts. :P It's impossible to do sharp turns on a keyboard at high speeds. A simple 90º turn requires the speed to be dropped drastically. Many turns will demand big drops in speed if one decides to use keyboard steering, actually. The poor soul who decides to go with that might as well not even leave the start line at all. He/she will not make it to the end. If they do, they'll be last for sure. I use keyboard steering for normal play all the time. I know very well what it takes to drive with a keyboard. It's fine for normal play but really inconvenient when you add in speed.

Edited by Mike Dragon
  • Upvote 1

GP53e75.jpg

Well, turns out I was right! XD Thanks for confirming it, mate. :)

Aye, no problem! ;) 

• Upvote 1

GP53e75.jpg

On 5/4/2017 at 11:38 AM, Anriandor said:

Kind regards ;)

Lol. I am going to play with my keyboard during the races :D Ill prove you are wrong about it.

Edited by Axemption

Hey @El1teZombiezHD  - guessing the speedhack rule would still apply? Wouldn't surprise me if I saw at least one player using speedhack to be honest lol. (For those wondering, what I mean by "speedhack" is initial take-off velocity, i.e. people doing like 0-50km/h in like 2 seconds for example)

Edited by TREADINATOR
clarification