Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

TruckersMP 3 Year Anniversary Races Information

El1teZombiezHD

truckersmp-logo.png

Hello Truckers!

The long awaited post for the TruckersMP 3 Year Anniversary Races has finally come around! Just as a reminder, the dates these events are happening is the weekend of 13/05/2017 + 14/05/2017.

At first, we had 20 People per group but unfortunately some people have already dropped out but there is nothing we can do about that. However this isn't very many people and won't affect us very much.

We have formed a structure for the Races and how each different race will plan out to finally get our 3 winners! The information on the Google Sheet explains rather well how this will work and if you have any questions about this, you should let me know.

There are set times for each of the Races and we will have to stick to this schedule (the times on the sheet are in UTC), if you are late or don't turn up, we cannot accept you into the race. You will need to arrive at the start location of the race on the Events Server around 10 minutes before your allocated time.

The winners from each race will be notified at the end of their race and will be told when to come back for their next race and where the start location is. 

There will be Staff Members watching over the races and making sure there is no foul play such as Teleporting, F7+Entering, Loading Autosaves or anything similar. There will be Staff at the end location of the race who will take note of the time it took for you to complete the race and the position you achieved.

The races will be Point to Point (One City to another City) and will not follow a set route, you will need to make your own route. The first race (for all the groups) is the Gas Station West of Edinburgh to Cardiff Service Station.

Spoiler

0b78r.png

xc31v.png

Locations and Times for other races will be sent to the winners as required on the day.

Participants will be able to drive on the incorrect side of the road as it will be a Non-Collisions Server however drastically cutting corners is not allowed!

The only people who should be on the Events Server at any time should be the Racers and / or the Participants of the Next Race, anyone else may be kicked from the server, the only people who will have permissions to access this server will be Staff Members and the selected 120 people who are taking part.

We hope you enjoy this event and we hope to see all you racers there! If you are not participating, you can still watch the events on the TruckersMP Twitch Channel: http://twitch.tv/truckersmp/

Google Sheet with information (there are 2 pages): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kqUL5O9E38Pk6dKjfg-Dmd_8DKZ2uoLDMmb1eL9u8dc/

If you have any questions or queries please send me a PM or @mention (@El1teZombiezHD) me in this topic.

Regards,

TruckersMP Media Team

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

I am really excited for this event and hopefully, I can win some of the races :)
Gonna test out some routes now - in SP ofc ^^

After having tested some ways towards the final destination, some questions came up which I would like the Media Team to answer as properly and detailed as possible. 

You, @El1teZombiezHD wrote that

1 hour ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

[...]drastically cutting corners is not allowed[...]

but I am not quite sure what is meant by this. Does it mean I cannot take a curve or even corner like F1 cars do?

Next, I wanted to know how the start is being organised. Do all the 20 participants of each group park inside each other and will there be a countdown?

Other than that, I would like to know what happens with the 2 railroad crossings on the rural roads when people drive the by the route advisor suggest road.

Last but not least, how does the race end? Will there be cop cruisers parked next to the service station which mark the finish line or do we have to enter the service station?

Kind regards ;)

5 hours ago, Axemption said:

@El1teZombiezHD Do we need to send you our route plan or no?

Nope. No need.

4 hours ago, Anriandor said:

You, @El1teZombiezHD wrote that "drastically cutting a corner is not allowed"

but I am not quite sure what is meant by this. Does it mean I cannot take a curve or even corner like F1 cars do?

Just going over the edge is fine but full on off road to cut the corner isn't.

4 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Next, I wanted to know how the start is being organised. Do all the 20 participants of each group park inside each other and will there be a countdown?

They will be at the start and let off after a countdown in chat.

5 hours ago, Anriandor said:

Other than that, I would like to know what happens with the 2 railroad crossings on the rural roads when people drive the by the route advisor suggest road.

Not my issue. That's up to the participant.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Yes, @Gun Powder. This is what El1te is saying.

Actually, there are 2 ways to approach the destination. You can either take the direct route (country road) where you have to pass two railroad crossings or you could take a route which is a little bit longer using the motorways. However, if taking the second way, one would only need to stop for a single crossing. 

@Gun Powder

*ahem*

"Time to study route options and start practicing!"

Edited by Mike Dragon

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

^

Only base-game trucks, @Killua (DavidOC93). No modifications. That has been explained before. So no things such as a Renault Magnum with a 750HP Volvo engine, for example.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

If I may, so far my recommendation is the Volvo FH16 Classic. I am working on that performance test video and so far, the Volvos are the ones who did the best in all cornering tests. I took the Classic for two drives down the race route and it did great, there. (I haven't got to test the Mercedes, Scania R, Volvo FH16 Classic or the DAF Euro 6 for the video, yet.)

Edited by Mike Dragon

GP53e75.jpg

11 hours ago, Mike Dragon said:

so far my recommendation

Hey hey, don't share any information which might be useful for other participants. You want to win, right? :P

Just joking, though. ^^ I have tested it with the "normal" route when I have a single waypoint to Cardiff and it took me like 17 minutes with quick driving but not yet under race conditions.

However, let's see how everybody will perform on Saturday and Sunday it the events takes place :)

I am also keen on getting to know how the disqualifications are issued (if this happens). ^^

Regards ;)

Alright, then! Scrap what I said there. I was wrong. The best choice is DEFINITELY a 310 HP Iveco Stralis with a 6x4 chassis and 12-speed gearbox. :troll:

That seems like a good average time, I'd say! It took me about 19 minutes, though I used a slightly different route which apparently is longer. I gotta test my time with the "normal" route.

Speaking of how people will perform on the weekend and disqualifications... hey @El1teZombiezHD ,may I inquire what will happen to those racers who lose connection for whatever reason or their game crash during the event? Will that also disqualify them?

• Upvote 1

GP53e75.jpg

Super excited for this, @El1teZombiezHD  i just have 1 question though, Is everyone following the same route from departure: Gas Station West of Edinburgh to destination : Cardiff Service Station. or you can map out your own navigation route as long as the departure and the destination are the same?