Multi User Trailer

Suggestion Name: Multi User Trailer 

Suggestion Description: I think that it should be possible for a player to get a load drive it to somewhere appropriate, before decoupling and their friend or another user continues with the load. 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: This would be great for VTCs or for players who have to leave the game, but do not want to pay the fine for cancelling a load. It would also mean that if a player accidentally left a trailer where it was in the way of another truck, another user could move it. 

• Upvote 1

It would probably be hard to implement. Who gets the profit from the job? How will they stop people from "stealing" your trailers at industries, before you can get to them to pick it up? Some more details will help me make my decision of giving a +1 or a -1. 

I would say that the profit would get split by looking at who drove the furthest. If you drove most of the way then your friend took it round the corner, then you would get the most profit. Alternately it could get split evenly. As for stopping people stealing them, it could be made that you have to couple up a least once, or you could have some way of selecting who you want to be able to couple up with the load.

If you need any more detail @[FC-T] sko0923 or anyone else for that matter, then please feel free to ask.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, fidget3306 said:

Possibly, but I think it is more of a TMP thing, SCS could help them, but I think they could do it on their own.

This does seem like the type of thing that SCS would need to tackle too as from the outside it seems simple however their are many hard-coded elements of the econemy system and reward system etc that would need to be changed along with things like new menus to swap trailers over to certain people etc, in itself this seems like a complicated project but also one that will need to the influence of SCS who are the only ones who can make changes to the source code.

On the other hand this does seem like an awesome idea and if it is do-able then it certainly has my +1

6 hours ago, fidget3306 said:

Possibly, but I think it is more of a TMP thing, SCS could help them, but I think they could do it on their own.

Actually,this would require modifying payouts in the base camto split the pay depending on driven distance, something TMP cannot edit as this time, not because they haven't got the coding for it, but because of legal agreements that would VEVO is if they modified the game like so. 

Also so this would always run the issue of people stealing trailers, dumping trailers in dangerous spots or just general trolling. It doesn't really benefit you as a driver. Plus, not everyone on TMP has friends that they can play online with and share loads with etc, so unless this was optional as in you can either choose to solo run or split run the load, then, no, this gets a fat -1 from me because I play solo practically all the time and so I don't wish to get penalised for not having online friends to share trips with. 

16 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

Actually,this would require modifying payouts in the base camto split the pay depending on driven distance, something TMP cannot edit as this time, not because they haven't got the coding for it, but because of legal agreements that would VEVO is if they modified the game like so. 

Also so this would always run the issue of people stealing trailers, dumping trailers in dangerous spots or just general trolling. It doesn't really benefit you as a driver. Plus, not everyone on TMP has friends that they can play online with and share loads with etc, so unless this was optional as in you can either choose to solo run or split run the load, then, no, this gets a fat -1 from me because I play solo practically all the time and so I don't wish to get penalised for not having online friends to share trips with. 

People can already dump trailers in dangerous spots and do trolling. This would mean that you could move that trailer to a safe place. It was never once mentioned that you would have to share loads and there was certainly no mention of solo drivers being penalized. 

Just to make it clear to everyone SHARING TRAILERS WOULD BE OPTIONAL!

I can kinda see where your going with this and all. It would be nice to be able to pickup someones trailer that they neglected maybe in the middle of the road or somewhere questionable. But your saying it would be optional - so they would still need to add me or activate the shared trailer maybe in the tab menu? But a everyday driver won't let a stranger move his or her trailer I just personally don't see it happening.

On 4/24/2017 at 11:43 AM, fidget3306 said:

ld be great for VTCs or for players who have to leave the game, but do not want to pay the fine for cancelling a load.

As for this there are tools people can use to sync jobs and get the same load so VTC can all run the same job with same detestation.

http://www.ets2sync.com/en/

Also if you are planning on sleeping soon or getting tired why would you pickup a job that's 600+ miles then quit the game or cancel the job? If I was getting sleepy the last run I previously did I would make a game save and end there for the night. As for paying a fine if you canceled a job? Let's be real a large if not 70% - 90% of players use modded profiles to give yourself xp and millions of cash. I will admit there are some who have earned everything legit but not everyone has.

So my personal opinion so far I'm not for it but i'm not against it.

2 minutes ago, Riley [EN-US] said:

But your saying it would be optional - so they would still need to add me or activate the shared trailer maybe in the tab menu? But a everyday driver won't let a stranger move his or her trailer I just personally don't see it happening.

I was referring to a previous post that suggested I had said you would be fined if you do not share your trailer. If you were to abandon your trailer then there should be no reason another player cannot move it.

So another player pickups this players trailer - what's stopping them from delivering it now? I would feel it would just be more easy to report the person for leaving the trailer in a bad spot and either try getting around it somehow or if I can't I will just F7 or cancel my load.

7 hours ago, [ConSecGroup]fidget3306 said:

People can already dump trailers in dangerous spots and do trolling. This would mean that you could move that trailer to a safe place. It was never once mentioned that you would have to share loads and there was certainly no mention of solo drivers being penalized. 

Just to make it clear to everyone SHARING TRAILERS WOULD BE OPTIONAL!

Well excuse me but, first off, no where in your original post does it say that it would be optional at all, there's no mention of that, so all I was saying was that basically, that needed clarifying POLITELY, not viciously like you obviously did. 

Second, as I said before, it's close to impossible to be done without rebuilding the way trailers are spawned, collected etc, which TMP does not have the legal bounds to do as of yet, same as any modification to how payouts are calculated are unavailable at this time, perhaps in 5 years when SCS finally stop updates to ETS2 and start working on new projects, giving modders free range to build insane mods without legal issue. 

Thirdly, and most importantly in my opinion right now, is that there is no need to be as defensive as you are being, if you're going to get all defensive and nasty when someone doesn't like your idea or points out things to you, then it's best not to make suggestions public at all, I'm merely saying that if it wasn't optional and it was decided that every player on. TMP had at least 1 friend they play with where they can share loads, then it wouldn't be fair, same as if it was made that shared loads paid more than normal loads, that wouldn't be fair on solo drivers who don't play with friends.

all in all, there's just too many issues with this idea to see it work effectively in mp, in fact, it would require so much coding to stop trolling and other bad things, that it would turn into a complex mess of code. 

maybe if a load was going from ny to la ,but not with the 3 states we have..If you don't wanna do a long run then do a short one..problem solved

On 25/04/2017 at 1:43 AM, [ConSecGroup]fidget3306 said:

Suggestion Name: Multi User Trailer 

Suggestion Description: I think that it should be possible for a player to get a load drive it to somewhere appropriate, before decoupling and their friend or another user continues with the load. 

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: This would be great for VTCs or for players who have to leave the game, but do not want to pay the fine for cancelling a load. It would also mean that if a player accidentally left a trailer where it was in the way of another truck, another user could move it. 

+1 great idea but TMP would not be able to do anything with SCS to implement it. It would be good if a friend could finish a job if you need to log out of the game.

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

• 2 years later...