Increased car "damage taken"

T-Cell

Suggestion Name:

Squishy cars

Suggestion Description:

Would be nice, if the game actually reflected the real world 2-ton car vs 30 ton truck scenario.

As it is today, in MP, a car slams into a truck, wrecking it up to 100% and then scoots off, unscathed...

IF it is possible, changing the damage values on a car, could change this, so a car IS wrecked upon impact.

Naturally, there are some situations, a car would survive... like strafing the side, or lightly bumped.

But head-on colissions and intentional ramming, that causes the trucks to fly off the road, SHOULD mean a really dead and useless car.

Any example images: 

None

Why should it be added?:

The "squishy cars" addin, could help people think a little more about what theyre doing, while going 100+ km/h

Trolls, wouldnt have an allmighty weapon to use...

Would be WAY more realistic and help increase the sense of actual driving.

• Upvote 10

Youmust remember that ETS and ATS are not roleplay games, they are simulators, so the impact value is the same as the trucks. I don't think the Dev's will spend time on this, but good luck with it anyway :P

Just now, Spyder - Truckers.FM said:

Youmust remember that ETS and ATS are not roleplay games, they are simulators, so the impact value is the same as the trucks. I don't think the Dev's will spend time on this, but good luck with it anyway :P

Well, was an idea none the less LOL ... Would hope there's a HP pool of some sort, or even a severity-monitor that could be implied on those, (most often), pesky things o.o

38 minutes ago, StarLineGaming said:

To be honest mate I have to agree with Mr @Spyder - Truckers.FM The cars were just implemented to offer easy transport and a new layer to the game it was never intended to be a whole new part of the game itself

Which, i'm VERY aware of :)

It's their misuse, and the following issues, im suggesting a solution to.... if even possible :S

I'd love to see this happen, but it has been suggested before and it seems that it can't be done. The Scout car was made by modding a truck and apparently the game engine doesn't allow to change the physics to make them more "car-like", that's why this Scout car behaves like a 20 tons, 8000 Nm, 0-250 Km/h in 5 seconds missile.

EDIT: I forgot to give my +1, even knowing that it won't be accepted...

Edited by FernandoCR [ESP]

The suggestion is correct, but it had previously proposed. I have already described in the topic from the link below, for some reason, it's impossible. Mass = big damage. The main problem is physics, it is also the mass or weight of the car. Scout car got a lot of large mass for more realistic and comfortable driving. If weight (mass) is much low to do, it will be not to comfortably driving. Make do the truck even heavier - not a solution.

But +1

Also:

• 2 weeks later...

As a driver of the Skoda I agree. 

A way for this to be added without the driving physics of the Skoda getting worse would be to also change the tyre physics of the Skoda so they have a lot more grip, at the current point the tyres have less grip than that of a truck so adding grip to the tyres while reducing the weight will be making the crashes more realistic.

+1 But unfortunately it probably won't be added.

Edited by Shadowgaming(2)

• 5 weeks later...

I do believe this problem can't be fixed without dealing with the base game as the car is just a cover on top of a truck, and it's a truck sim. The car is not even supposed to be there, so from the base game point of view/SCS, the car is simply another truck.

a definite +1, but I think TMP will need to work with SCS (if they even allow such a change in their base game) on this one which probably won't happen anytime soon. Because if they do, SCS will have to think about renaming the game itself to something else other than only truck simulator.

• True Story 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

+1 I think this idea is nice because it's realistic and It should not be forgotten that this is a simulation game, so all realistic ideas re very good ideas for the simulation game

+1

Mainly the whole issue with this though is that the car is a remodeled truck. So as a result is has the truck weight behind it which is why its horrible at stopping. With that the game thinks you have a 30 ton truck hitting a 30 ton truck instead of 2 ton car hitting a 30 ton truck. It's possible to do this, but they would need to redo the physics behind the car which I doubt they will do since it took 1 year to add the car in the first place. 

• 6 months later...

Its nice idea.adding weight to skoda car which might bring stability and better control.Best part is braking system works lot better. Most of people know skoda car is just added skin for truck. Adding weight will make it more like car or SCS should work with tmp to increase the stability of present skoda car. I hope this will happen soon.:)

Edited by Ajith18592

UxiKSFa.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 22.4.2017 at 8:31 AM, .oO( Tina_DK )Oo. said:

Suggestion Name:

Squishy cars

Suggestion Description:

Would be nice, if the game actually reflected the real world 2-ton car vs 30 ton truck scenario.

As it is today, in MP, a car slams into a truck, wrecking it up to 100% and then scoots off, unscathed...

IF it is possible, changing the damage values on a car, could change this, so a car IS wrecked upon impact.

Naturally, there are some situations, a car would survive... like strafing the side, or lightly bumped.

But head-on colissions and intentional ramming, that causes the trucks to fly off the road, SHOULD mean a really dead and useless car.

Any example images: 

None

Why should it be added?:

The "squishy cars" addin, could help people think a little more about what theyre doing, while going 100+ km/h

Trolls, wouldnt have an allmighty weapon to use...

Would be WAY more realistic and help increase the sense of actual driving.

Hello .oO( Tina_DK )Oo.,

i think lower the damage to cars by crashing into some other players isn't a good idea. I think people would drive more unsafe and there would be more crashes than before.

But adding more weight would be a good idea i think.

=)

love ya,

newt.

the cars are based on the truck but are made to look like a car the cars need to have their own settings in options like for the brakes to have the cars stop better in game you have to change the brake settings in config in profile to like "999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999" or higher for the car to stop better 

• 7 months later...

+1. 
I've proposed this on Polish part of forum, not knowing it was proposed before. I'm glad that not only me thinks the same. 

More damage to Scouts will be good solution for raming Scouts - because it will be not longer possible to ram one truck, and later go to ram another - it will consume time to do Alt+F7 to service, repair Scout and go out from city to the road again. Scouts will become less attractive for trolls. They will be able to ram only one truck every few minutes, not few truck per minute as they do now.

And, what is important - it will not hurt normal players riding Scouts in normal way - as they not crash onto every one truck, so it will be no problem for them to make a trip without visiting service.

Raffi

----

Za każdym razem, gdy do firanki podpinasz 8x4 i włączasz koguty gdzieś na świecie umiera w cierpieniu mały szczeniaczek.
Every time You attach curtain trailer to 8x4 and turn your beacons on - somewhere dies cute little puppy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey,

After careful consideration, we have decided to not implement this suggestion at the moment. We feel that this is not a priority at the moment and we also feel that there is not enough demand for this to be added.

I hope you take this decision on board. :) 

//Rejected