Server Specs of ETS2 EU#2

MeteDestan

20 minutes ago, maximskor said:

Not sure what you are asking? 

He's asking what kind of hardware is being used to run the ETS2 servers. I however do not know.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

1 hour ago, JeffSFC said:

He's asking what kind of hardware is being used to run the ETS2 servers. I however do not know.

Gotcha. Thats what I thought at first but then I thought with so many servers and so many people, they were probably running off the internet. I'm not a wiz about that kind of stuff, but that's what I thought at least. Because if they ran off a computer there would have to be some kind of problem at the host at some point - internet outage, power outage which would immediately cutoff all the servers. Playing on TruckersMP for a little over a year I haven't witnessed that happen once though. 

7 minutes ago, MeteDestan said:

Thank you for all the responses. I have also administrate a server and try to balance resources so it made me curious what kind of a hw required for hosting 3500 people at the sametime with a complex structure.

Server specs and how they are configured will depend on the game. Take Minecraft for example which is Java based, the amount of players a server will hold will depend on the amount of ram, if i remember its about 256mb ram per 4-6 players for a good balance. Other games just require a host to connect players and then your own pc does the rest, as i said it will vary from game to game.

Common Sense Is Very Rare Indeed

• 3 weeks later...

Archived