Ping

oisinw3

Question

10 answers to this question

21 hours ago, oisinw3 said:

Hi, I joined TruckersMP not so lang ago and everytime I play I get kicked for "Too high average ping".

I don't understand what this means so I was wondering if someone could tell me what this problem means and how to fix it.

Thanks, Oisin

Hello @oisinw3 
- Do you connect to the server closest to your location?
- The problem of high ping is recent or was it always like this?

I hope the problem is solved soon :mellow:

Edited by Ashley
Aligned to Left, Center align is not needed.

Old ranks:              
   roles_game-moderator-leader.png.f8705625 - image.png.7837814402f73c303120645d2f3effc4.png -  roles_trial-game-moderator.png.78e7ac97d  
   roles_support.png.fc5b5f89970695aabd7092 - roles_community-moderator.png.629b933bb2
Spanish - Portugués
&------------------------------&

Hello @oisinw3

May I ask, what is the location that you are connecting from and what server you are connecting to?

An unstable ping can be caused by many things, if you have programs such as Skype running in the background, try exiting those programs and trying again.

If the ping issue continues then there are some tips that I can provide to you to help you with this,

resetting the Winsock Catalog

step 1: click on windows search program and type "cmd" enter

step 2: once you're in, type "netsh winsock reset catalog" enter

step 3: type "netsh int ip reset.log hit" enter

step 4: restart your computer

Clear your DNS Cache https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

Change DNS to Google's Public DNS, https://www.techworm.net/2016/08/change-default-dns-google-dns-fast-internet-speeds.html

Hmm seems like a low speed, connect to the nearest server. if in Europe you can experiment with the different servers. Also close all applications that are using your internet.