[Protel Logistics] dowmeister

app
Trucky - TruckersMP Companion (Android & iOS app)

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

APP_banner_512.png.c5a868538e13b8cbaf2c1ee4892ee711.png

Trucky - TruckersMP Companion app

https://www.truckyapp.com/

It's my pleasure to show you Trucky , a companion app for TruckersMP .

Available for Android and iOS. Optimized for Android Tablet 7" and 10"

Android - Get it on Play Store

Current version: 1.1.1

iOS - Get it on App Store

Current version: 1.0

Amazon App Store - for Amazon Fire devices

Current version: 1.1.1

Trucky is the must have for TruckersMP players to be always in touch with game news, servers status and events.

Features

Display events and announcements from TruckersMP Steam Official Group
Display game status (last update, last announcement banner as shown in TruckersMP launcher, total number of players)
Display game time in real time
Display servers status, queue time and servers statistics as a glance

Display official rules
Display ets2c.com meetups with possibility to add them to phone calendar with reminders and alarms

Search player via Steam username, Steam ID or TruckersMP ID

Check online status in real time, if player is online you can follow him directly on live map from your phone!

Live map integration from ETS2map.com (filter places and other POIs, change settings like on your browser)

Steam authentication : authenticate with your Steam profile

Friends list : check when your Steam friends are online and follow them on the map

Multilanguage

Translations available (thanks to translators of TruckersMP International - Official on Facebook)

English

French

Italian

Finnish

Bulgarian

Spanish

Dutch

Polish

German

Czech

Russian

Portoguese

Chinese (semplified)

(thank you guys, awesome work!)

Supports push notifications to be always in touch with latest TruckersMP news and announcements.

Informations are provided by TruckersMP API and ETS2.com site (many thanks to their authors!)

I'm waiting for suggestions, bugs report and all that can help to improve this app.

*** Please note that the app is still on heavy development and may be unstable and bugged. I've done all in my hands to test on some devices. Feel free to report me all bugs and strange thinks you'll find out ***

Screenshots

Screenshot_1492032237.thumb.png.19f0dfc629f435bc2004c5da7cb3b4c0.png  Screenshot_1492032242.thumb.png.a7ba8aaf64304edbcf8c198c58910c8a.png 

Screenshot_1492032265.thumb.png.c06b42729af1ff2ec3e71261b6e8fc9b.pngScreenshot_1492032314.thumb.png.a20afaa05c69dbf84d7b40103c686587.png

Planned features

Integrate events from truckers.events

Notifications on new news and upcoming events

Live map integration

Online status check

Help needed

I would be very happy if someone could help me to translate this app. Please pm me if interested.
Translation process is very easy: it's enough to follow this tutorial: https://github.com/shardick/trucky-companion-app/blob/master/docs/Strings.md 

Source code

Source code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/shardick/trucky-companion-app .

The app is written in React Native 0.42.2 and, originally, was developed as a playground to learn a new language.

If you are a developer and you are interested to jump in, drop me a pm.

I'd like to get in touch with other developers to continue to build new tools for TruckersMP.

Thank you for your attention, happy downloading and happy trucking!

Edited by [Protel Logistics] dowmeister

23 hours ago, dowmeister said:

New version available: 1.0.3.1

• Added German translation
  • Added Russian translation (thanks to CJMAXiK)
  • Added Czech translation (thanks to ActiV3Drifter)

You are welcome :) 

NEW VERSION 1.0.4

Changelog

- Live map integration from ETS2map.com (filter places and other POIs, change settings like on your browser)
- Search player feature: now checks online status in real time, if player is online you can follow him directly on live map from your phone!

Live map integration is a bit experimental, there are some performance issues when you zoom out on high level zoom, depending on your phone capabilities app could hang. I suggest to navigate the map using the places search (available from the button on the top right) 

As usual, big thanks to translations contributors and beta tester to help me out.

OigT5Jx.png 4Zx6CmK.png

4Zx6CmK.png D47JlAV.png

Next planned feature: integration with Steam login to check friends online status and find them on map.

Thank you, happy trucking!

Such a great app! You don't have to open the TruckersMP everytime to look if the server is full or anything. It's an pleasure to help you with translating! :)

5 hours ago, FoneeYT said:

Such a great app! You don't have to open the TruckersMP everytime to look if the server is full or anything. It's an pleasure to help you with translating! :)

Thank you for your help :)

NEW VERSION 1.0.6

Changelog

- Added link to update banner in "Game status" tab (same you can click on TruckersMP launcher)

- Steam Integration : login with Steam to save your Steam ID and view friends status

- Friends List : check your Steam friends status directly from the app and follow them on the app

- Translations updated

- Typo fixed

- Fixed bug in Events and Convoys list that prevent the list to load (cause different html version on ets2c.com)

- Backend code change

- UI improvements

Go to Settings and login to Steam with your Steam credentials (not saving in any way your username and password, I use Steam OpenID login)

XvoRdyz.png SdDy3be.png 

Now you can go to Friends screen and see if your friends is online and follow them on the map

Online and offline friends (with their status on Steam)

TdvAIio.png KKe9Ly2.png

Online status check is done via ETS2map.com Map API, thanks to @Krashnz and @Kat_pw for their wonderful work.

As usual, big thanks to translations contributors and beta tester to help me out.

Update 1.0.7

- Mitigated overheat and battery drain caused by game time auto update

- Performance improvements

- UI improvements

- UI and navigation bugfixes

- Fixed invalid SteamID player load when Steam ID not converted correctly to int64

Posted (edited)

Trucky has been approved by Apple and is available on App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/ro/app/truckyapp/id1233325424?mt=8

appstore_logo.png

Known issues on iOS : map doesn't work correctly because it doesn't work neither on standard iOS Safari browser, so can't work in a webview inside the app. 

But you can still search for location and move on the map using places search.

Thanks to all who helped me to test and try on Apple devices before release.

Hi, hope to increase the Chinese, the current Chinese players more!
Thank you

I'm using Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 Why does your app want to read my contacts, sms and my call log, I don't think you need theses infos, I have private contacts that don't want their numbers to be disclosed to anyone, can you clarify why you need theses exactly ???

1 minute ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

I'm using Android Nougat on Galaxy S7 Why does your app want to read my contacts, sms and my call log, I don't think you need theses infos, I have private contacts that don't want their numbers to be disclosed to anyone, can you clarify why you need theses exactly ???

Hi @McDodge34 [FR QC], unfortunately Android 6 permissions management is very weak and requesting calendar (to save meetups calendar events) and filesystem access (to save app settings), indicates that want to read also call log and contacts. But i can ensure the app don't read call logs, numbers and contacts in any way.

26 minutes ago, BiuLuoShen said:

Thank you

Hi @BiuLuoShen , do you want help me to translate labels and other strings to chinese?

26 minutes ago, BiuLuoShen said:

Thank you

Hi @BiuLuoShen , do you want help me to translate labels and other strings to chinese?

6 minutes ago, [Protel Logistics] dowmeister said:

Hi @ McDodge34 [FR QC],不幸的是,Android 6的权限管理非常薄弱,请求日历(保存会议日历事件)和文件系统访问(保存应用程序设置),表示想要读取也可以调用日志和联系人。但我可以确保应用程序不会以任何方式读取通话记录,数字和联系人。

@BiuLuoShen  ,你想帮我把标签和其他字符串翻译成中文吗?

yeah, I am very willing to:)

Posted (edited)

NEW VERSION 1.1.0

Only Android

Optimized for Android Tablet (7" and 10")

Friends list: now show online friends that are online on Steam and are playing to a game
Added Portoguese translation - thanks to @Ru13z
Added Chinese (simplified) translation - thanks to @[Biu] - Luo Shen
Completed French translation - thanks to @Caernage

From today, available also on Amazon App Store for Fire Devices

amzstore.png

Download from Amazon App Store

Tablet view (navigation bar is always present) - by now present only on Android devices. iOS version for iPad Pro and iPad Air it's coming.

pvccNz0.png 

CvvRd2i.png

rLbkMJQ.png