Speed Limiter

[iETC] Gorillaz

1 hour ago, CrazyPillow said:

^You could always speedhack, but I don't know if that's a good idea... :troll:

It's not good idea if you use that in TruckersMP.Also if you turn on speedhack when you drive World of trucks jobs every 3 seconds your screen will freeze with message : We can't locate your truck.

7 hours ago, CrazyPillow said:

I know it's not a good idea, that's why I put that troll face there..

I never used any hacks or glitches, apart from editing my moneys which isn't punishable. ;)

Can't wait for server side economy, we will see less trolls, rammers and such, they feel they can do everything because they cheat their money in their savegame, once server side economy goes live, the roads will be much safer, at least I hope, or I'll stop playing. I've started my profile when the MP mod got released, I drove in single player till I had just enough money to get a truck, once I got my first truck, I got in MP and never ever cheated money in it. I'm probably one of the only ones that did this and never ever cheated back any money they've lost due to rammers or anything like that, I'm usually on EU#1 so less trolls and rammers are there cause they can't stand the speed limit, I enjoy it, makes the game real and not another race simulator.

76561198104067447.png

Funny story about cheating, I actually had to use cheat engine to remove my money due to the time differences in MP and SP. I went onto SP to make some changes to my truck. When I went back on MP my money changed to millions so used cheat engine to set it back to 300k.

P.S. Sorry it actually wasn't very funny/

6 hours ago, sebnichols said:

I drive with the speed limiter on, there is no urge to drive fast, it's not a racing game.

Great at least one other driver that does like me, I don't have the speed limiter activated, but I follow the rules of the road and all the speed limits and I do 99% WOT contracts so I'm stuck to their speed limit which I find more than reasonable to do their jobs. I'll never ever understand why so many people are so crazy about speeding down in this game, its insanely bad.

76561198104067447.png

1 hour ago, McDodge34 [FR QC] said:

Great at least one other driver that does like me, I don't have the speed limiter activated, but I follow the rules of the road and all the speed limits and I do 99% WOT contracts so I'm stuck to their speed limit which I find more than reasonable to do their jobs. I'll never ever understand why so many people are so crazy about speeding down in this game, its insanely bad.

If I wouldn't do it in real life I wouldn't do it in game, that's what a simulator is all about.

signature.png

On 2017-04-19 at 3:32 PM, sebnichols said:

If I wouldn't do it in real life I wouldn't do it in game, that's what a simulator is all about.

Right, but my take is that in real life there are consequences for your actions.  In a video game the highest consequence is a ban which people don't seem to care about considering all the ramming.  I speed all the time in-game because I am using a keyboard which disconnects me from the feel of the truck so I make that up with speed.  I actually speed with my wheel too when I use it but I don't try to go nearly as fast as on the keyboard.  To me it's a good way to increase load count and I see truckers do it in real life.  Of course they can't go over 105km/h... but I see them speed in 80km/h zones

Canada Eh?

7 hours ago, YANTHA3 said:

I speed all the time in-game because I am using a keyboard which disconnects me from the feel of the truck so I make that up with speed.

That doesn't make any sense, you make up for lack of realism by speeding? :unsure:

I understand that people do speed on the game, which is not an offence. However, speeding means that it's harder to react to an incident, it's harder to stop, you have less control of your vehicle and you are more likely to have an accident.

signature.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived