Suggestion: Level Crossings / Railway tracks in GPS. Train horns/Crossing audio indications.

Caricature

Hi, it's my first sort-of dual suggestion in-one and I'm not that sure if this whole suggestion should be placed on truckersMP or SCS forums. If you know better, kindly advise me. Also if I get any points wrong, please give me a heads up. Open to any criticism/improvisation and/or rep if it's something you disagree/agree with. I've also searched in truckersmp forums but I don't think I've come across this suggestion. If I've missed it, kindly point me in the right direction thank you.

Suggestion Name 1 & 2: Level crossings / railway tracks to appear in GPS. Distinct train horns and audio warnings before-at-and-after level crossings.

Suggestion Description 1: Like in-real-life GPS, drivers will to be able to view railway tracks and potential level crossings ahead on their GPS. Dotted path in GPS for the suggested idea. 

Any example images 1:

As you can see the black and white dotted path crosses roads; indication that there might be a level crossing/grade crossing/railway crossing and drivers can keep their eyes open.

Why should it be added?

My reason would be an indication is a safer step to take with regards to accidents/crashes happening. Plus it makes the GPS a little more realistic. I'm not a tech guy so pardon me if my suggestions require a lot of coding or work needed to get implemented and I don't realise it. I just wanted to suggest it coming from what I've experienced so far, be it in single player or MP.

Suggestion Description 2: I do believe there are no audio warnings (only flashing lights and proper signage posts before and at the crossings in both ATS and ETS2) and would like to suggest them to be implemented. Also with regards to the trains themselves, it would be more realistic to hear train horns as they approach and that the horns get louder and louder as they cross the intersection and are the closest to you or softer and softer as they go by and further away from you. That way also if there's a pile up due to the crossing in MP, drivers at the back actually know what's going on and not think it's a troll blocking the road or something that they have to bring up the free cam just to check and see what it is.

Any example images 2: 

(ATS example)

An ETS2 example: 

(UK Example)

(EU Example)

Why should it be added?

My reason would be an indication is a safer step to take with regards to accidents/crashes/heavy jams at crossings happening. Also makes it more realistic, and it doesn't matter if you're on your radio/music player or communicating in a convoy.. everyone hears that same audio warning indication and they know that it's an indication to slow down and open their eyes and ears to a level crossing ahead. Especially from the EU video example, note that the audio warnings and flashing warnings can be heard far away @ 00:30. Barriers begin coming down @ about 00:34-35 and fully down @00:47-48 and train goes by @01:00 so that makes a full 30 seconds.

Thanks for reading through and apologies in advance if I've posted wrongly or got any facts wrong. Feel free to correct whatever mistakes I've made. Only posting this after doing some digging-up for information. I hope I somewhat got my point across and that it was the right points across.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Unfortunately this is to do with the base game so the Devs here won't be able to implement this. SCS forums is the place to go, although i think many have suggested something like this

I think it has already been said many times, Items that are in regards to the actual game must be sent to SCS Software. Multiplayer Team does not take care of this.

Ehh, on the one hand this is a cool idea, but, in ETS2 and ATS, train crossings are pretty well marked and you can see them from a fair distances away, so unless you're playing candy crush or some other mobile game while driving, and lets face it if you are you should not play multiplayer, then no matter what auditory or marked points on the map that are put into the game,it will still make no difference.

not to mention the whole issue of desynch with when trains pass, which still does infrequently occur... it's just not as useful as something like trailer markers on the map or directional markers for players instead of a dot. 

Not on to mention that adding auditory sounds for trains or modifying either railroad crossings or the gps would require hard coding into the system files of the game. It's something only SCS could be able to pull off and then the question is, what use  would it be for vanilla singleplayer. Considering how few and far between crossings are.

I sure like that idea (which is something to ask SCS Software). As I drive on ETS2 and ATS, railroads are most of the time noticeable from a good distance (300+ meters). Some of them have signs every 100 meters which indicates how far the crossing is. In my honest opinion, it's still the driver's responsibility to pay attention to the road and its potential hazards. If there's truck at stop, you should slow down. If you see a railroad crossing, don't go full blast on it! (Yes I did it a few times... #YOLO). During my regular trips, I never even had to slam the brakes at the last second due to rail road crossings. If I do, it's because of some mothertrucker in front! :D 

KkdaC1b.png

From my experience yesterday, the level crossing is very clear from 300 meters (APPROX). At night it can be difficult abit though.

"Suggestion Description 2: I do believe there are no audio warnings (only flashing lights and proper signage posts before and at the crossings in both ATS and ETS2) and would like to suggest them to be implemented. Also with regards to the trains themselves, it would be more realistic to hear train horns as they approach and that the horns get louder and louder as they cross the intersection and are the closest to you or softer and softer as they go by and further away from you. That way also if there's a pile up due to the crossing in MP, drivers at the back actually know what's going on and not think it's a troll blocking the road or something that they have to bring up the free cam just to check and see what it is."

i have already pointed that out and you failed to see it. hence, i have edited the post and is now in bold and underlined. kindly read every post you read in all forums carefully before leaving your comments or rant if you'd like to call it. but nonetheless, thank you for it.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

@twix bar Yep I understand your point but we can't simply say some countries, we're talking about EU/UK/US and we HAVE to only talk about these 3 countries and it's residing states/cities.. I don't think I need to explain why so. Secondly, you're right in saying some trains have horns / no horns or whether all trains have horns and some just don't sound them at all due to certain regulations. I do not exactly know as I'm no train expert. I also understand the fact that there are quiet zones in certain cities for e.g Phoenix / Kingman / Yuma. What SCS has done is generally rule out no sounds at all so I'm asking to implement trains generally with sounds because of the way the train is portrayed in-game, it looks like an semi-old-fashion steam freight train that's all.. just adding a fun perspective to it which includes an additional safety aspect to it.

But with that said, this thread was started quite some time ago and I've posted to SCS forums already as per feedback given.

Requesting lock of thread from @ moderators.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• Scar locked this topic

Archived