Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Windows 10 new pc not registered ??

lxl Semper lxl

Right as most who know me I am now at this minute using my super machine and organising things and getting games and software installed as we speak.....How ever I have an issue I don't know how to fix I got windows 10 when it was free so all activated and everything.... now I built a proper gaming machine and its not registered I signed in via my email address and so forth but registratrion isn't happening I think anyone able to assist me with this..... and before anyone asks I don't want no hacks cracks or anything I want this legit

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

Open CMD as an administrator and type 

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

does it show a string of letters and numbers?

If you installed Windows, you must activate them. If you have original CD-KEY for Windows 8 (as I understand you updated), try using that. If that doesn't work out, try using KMS Activator.

Helped ya? Why not giving me a reputation point? Thanks!

Earth is hexagon.

GTA SA > GTA V

I don't know what you mean @Sentinel_ this is all I got

cmd.png

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

Activating windows on a non core edition ? that's the script error I got would I pose a security risk if I showed the image ?

Do you have a Windows 7 or Windows 8 key?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

I have a windows 7 home premium serial key sticker attached to my old pc yes

You can use that key to activate your Windows. If for some reason you cannot activate the key because it's an a OEM key you either must use the Microsoft automated system to unlock the key and use it on a new machine or contact your old pc manufacturer to unlock the key for you so you can use it on your new machine. From Windows 8 and after keys are registering with the motherboard ID. So if you manage to activate your key on this machine the next time you format your PC you won't need to use the key again.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Type in CMD

slmgr /ipk <xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx>  << Key that is on the Windows 7 Home premium coa sticker 

There should be a sticker attached to your current PC with the serial key

Well I did what you said I rubbed out the key for obvious reasons but this is what it said to me

a_CTIVATE.png

You need Windows 10 Home Edition. Get the ISO or make the USB bootable choose Windows 10 and 64 bit and when you use your key Windows will choose the Edition depending the key you choose. I don't know where did you got your Windows 10 copy and you had already Pro before using the key.

Second try as @Sentinel_ said I got this

Activate1.png

That's weird @PrototypeGR because my current old system has windows 10 pro on it and fully activated :( 

Are you sure you had Pro? 

http://prntscr.com/ex4zr9

It is really important that if you do a clean installation you must pick a neutral Windows ISO. Like stated in the photo. http://prntscr.com/ex51go

After you use the key it will determine which version Windows will become. Don't choose ISO's with pre-installed versions.

Also don't bother using commands on CMD to activate your key. Those commands are not for new hardware. Also make sure your Windows build is at least 1511+ So you can use older keys instantly.

You can also use Microsoft live chat, give them your key and let them check it for you to find out if you can use it or not.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/windows/activation/

New PC:

I finally got an actual Microsoft technician that was willing to assist rather than feed me a lot of BS he asked me to hook up my second system again and after him remotely doing both systems he figured out the issue I took my USB windows 10 installation and put it in my new PC which was outdated and the transfer couldn't happen due to it being an older version so whats happening as we speak is I'm downloading new windows 10 onto my USB and doing it all over again and my licence will transfer no problem after that :D 

=======================================================================================================================================================================

I'm on old pc

just took screenshot for you with it stating pro

pro.png

Exactly what i told you. No problem.

Even that didn't do it I had another technician go into both systems again and the weirdest thing was the first technician de-activated my old pc so I can activate my new one but that didn't work was weird as hell and when the second technician went into the system. She re-activated windows on my old one pmsl then went to my new one tried to do same and got message saying the key was already used....... Then she went via another activation method and finally activated my new pc so I am all good to go this time just means the 200 gigs that I downloaded I just go and do again and this time wont need to fresh install woohoo see you in a month or so hahashahahahaha I will be back eventually put it that way thanks for all your help guys :) much appreciated 

When you mess with OEM keys and you change hardware it's always pain in the ass to move the key to the new hardware. I know this myself because when we are replacing motherboards to laptops or desktops we have a special tool by Asus which writes the old motherboard serial number and also unblocks the Windows key from the old machine so we can activate to the new one. It's quite a big process

If by technician you mean Microsoft agent, i'm pretty sure she unblocked the key from their system. I'm curious though, you said you have a Home Premium key your Windows are still Pro?

@MrHarv98

I did first but the first person told me I had to buy new key and it couldn't be moved it was only until I pursued it more and more via other agents then they decided to work with my issue... by that time I already pursued other help via forums and google....

@PrototypeGR

I did have windows 7 home premium sticker on but infact was windows 7 ultimate edition that was installed hence why I got pro I think....

The user has solved his problem.

Moved to Archive.

Archived