TFM Requests

Suggestion Name: TFM Requests

Suggestion Description: Seen as TFM is popular with MP there should be a way to request music from ingame or do traffic reports and put like a timer on so it doesnt get spammed 

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:  it makes sense and people currently have to alt tab if they want a certain song on

i dunno

it was just a good idea

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

Just now, DJ Jord said:

That's why we have a request button on the app :troll: @Kravatie

not ingame tho nub

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

I personally would reject this... As it is un-official and no needed. People like to complain when new things are added... and there are other stations in the community that would want added to the game. That then will end in hostility.

Technically, it's very possible, tfm already have an "API" available to take in requests from external sources, but it would more then likely just end in spam. Although I like the idea, realistically it's probably not a good idea.

And what about all the other community radios?

Its just going to cause arguments and unnecessary hostility between radios and the team. You allow one radio this, others will want the same thing.

Plus, you have the Shift+Tab overlay, you have the app. And alt-tabbing will take you less than a minute. This will appeal to 'lazy' people, who don't want to spend less than a minute alt-tabbing to send in a request.

I'm sure its possible, but its not really needed in my opinion, so a -1 from me. 

• Upvote 1

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

It's a fun idea, and it would be cool if it could be a command via the text chat. e.g /r tfm sam smith money on my mind for james

although not essential, it is a handy idea.

this is a 100% unbiased post. kappa.

• Upvote 1

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

I don't think traffic reports would work as the mp is so dynamic. It's hard to drive and type at the same time as you can lose control so you'd need to request the song by stopping regardless. So it won't be hard to shift tab to the overlay and request from there or to alt tab

I would rather see an integrated method of traffic reports in the app, sort of like in the real world, where you would get a map and all of the sightings plotted on the map. Vehicle on shoulder, traffic, accident, admin, etc.

I Actually agree with krav on this one, i remember back when TSR Used to be quite popular, and that had adverts ingame etc, but now none of the readios have that and it might be better because it might be noticed more by people in other countries.

nice idea. but I'll go with what some others said on this one.. many other ways to request a song. the usage of my phone makes things very user-friendly as well. plus if this is added, i'm sure many users who listen to other stations that give them the opportunity to request songs will be wanting this feature for their own station as well.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

I think that there is no need, for another way to do requests. However I like the idea of traffic reports. I would suggest this to TFM, however it would mean that they would have to have someone using free cam. 

As a side note can I please ask that people read other user comments. The person who made the suggestion do not need to be told the same thing over and over again. If you want an example, here it is:

On 15/04/2017 at 11:27 PM, Horizon said:

I personally would reject this... As it is un-official and no needed. People like to complain when new things are added... and there are other stations in the community that would want added to the game. That then will end in hostility.

On 15/04/2017 at 11:31 PM, Attach said:

And what about all the other community radios?

Its just going to cause arguments and unnecessary hostility between radios and the team. You allow one radio this, others will want the same thing.

That is just one example that I picked randomly. It is most definitely not just @Attach. Please remember to read the whole thread in other forum topics as well. 

27 minutes ago, fidget3306 said:

As a side note can I please ask that people read other user comments. The person who made the suggestion do not need to be told the same thing over and over again. If you want an example, here it is:

That is just one example that I picked randomly. It is most definitely not just @Attach. Please remember to read the whole thread in other forum topics as well. 

I don't have a clue what you mean, as our replies are completely different and you've only quoted half of my response.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

1 hour ago, Attach said:

I don't have a clue what you mean, as our replies are completely different and you've only quoted half of my response.

They are not completely different and I welcome anyone else on the forum to tell me if they are. As for what I have quoted, yes I only quoted half of your response, I quoted the relevant part. 

Since you guys brought it up, i will agree about the "arguments and unnecessary hostility" and i will also leave it there.

Also let me remind you to keep this discusion civil.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

On 4/16/2017 at 1:18 AM, Kravatie said:

Suggestion Description: Seen as TFM is popular with MP there should be a way to request music from ingame or do traffic reports and put like a timer on so it doesnt get spammed

Why should it be added?:  it makes sense and people currently have to alt tab if they want a certain song on

66139335.jpg

How is this going to work out - I mean, at peaks we go above 3000 (or probably more) players every night across all the servers - I think that will jam up the request lines with all kind of stuff...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.