Has anyone considered mouse steering?

Zovonic

I was wondering if anyone here has ever considered to use mouse steering because I started using it yesterday and it's so awesome! It feels exactly like a wheel and you can turn corners so much better...

Am I weird or do people actually use it? :lol:

New.png

Gotcha 

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

No i didn't make it, i just found it on YouTube couple days ago.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Yes, yes and yes.

I use mouse steering all the time and it works like a dream for me. It's a bit steep learning curve, but when (or if) you get the hang of it, I'll dare to say it's much better than keyboard steering and probably more practical than a wheel configuration while having the same feel of it.

So start by practicing in SP, and when you're comfortable enough with it, bring it in multiplayer and you'll enjoy your driving alot more ^_^

As a matter of fact, I use mouse steering since my first kilometers.

I find it very comfortable to drive with following mouse buttons assigned:

LMB = Left turn indicator

RMB = Right turn indicator

MMB = View Look Forward

Scroll Wheel Up = High Beams

Scroll Wheel Down = Wipers

Also I have adjusted the non-linear sensibility to my preference.

Drive safely!

I have used mouse steering for ages, i cant remember when i started, i use low sensitivity, because it makes it feel like a real wheel which then means that it is easier to control at high speeds etc, 

LMB = Accelerate

RMB = Brake 

Button 4 = Left Indicator

Button 5 = Right Indicator.

2 hours ago, Zovonic said:

@Joao Rodrigues Wait, than how do you turn the camera inside if you're using LMB and RMB? because you need to hold RMB to move around the camera with mouse steering...

I use the keys

A for turning view left,

D for turning view right,

W for acceleration and

S for deceleration.

Hope this helps!

PS:

The provided keys are only used when I'm too lazy to use TrackIR.

Well, believe it or not, but i am actually playing with my touchpad on my laptop. I used to be a keyboard-warrior in my early days, and especially on long straights it was just a nightmare, as sometimes it was impossible to drive straight ahead. So i just tried the touchpad one day, and it took some efforts finding the right steering sensitivity, but once i got it sorted out it was actually so much more enjoyable than driving with the keyboard and i am still using it...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

13 hours ago, CrazyPillow said:

Tamam, bu sadece parlak xD 

Bu fikri kim hazırladı ise ödül alması gerekiyor. :lol:

Definite turkish people Q!

3 hours ago, Zovonic said:

Jeez, I cannot imagine myself using a touchpad at ALL. Haha.

Hmm, interestingly almost everyone in my VTC is kind of admiring me for using a touchpad, but to be honest i don't get why all of them make such a big deal out of it. It is not too bad at all, you just have to get used to it... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

3 hours ago, CrazyPillow said:

I don't know what you're talking about but I didn't write that in Turkish. I only said that that guy needs an award, no need to translate that to Turkish.

It's because his language is in Turkish, it gets translated over dad.

11 hours ago, CrazyPillow said:

Neden bahsediyorsun bilmiyorum ama ben bunu Türkçe yapmadım. Ben sadece o adamın bir ödüle ihtiyacı olduğunu söyledim, bunu Türkçe'ye çevirmeye gerek yok.

I'm talking about the Turks, there is nothing to be done in our country, but once you're in the head, interesting things like Videoda have been made !

7 hours ago, Azyer said:

Çünkü onun dili Türkçe, babaya tercüme edildi.

Turks are very good people, but some are empty 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived