Calais and Duisburg Extensions of Non-Collision Areas

Calais and Duisburg Extensions of Non-Collision Areas 

Suggestion Description: 

I propose that we enforce a extended (larger circle around the service/spanner areas) or total non-collision area for the cities or service stations of Calais and Duisburg.

These are both extremely populated cities which when an Admin is able to be online or attend the area can be extremely overcrowded, and cause delays, frustration,

and sometimes hours of problems for users wanting to drive the area. 

Any example images: 

Currently N/A - images will follow soon.

Why should it be added?:

I

it will allow for drivers easy access and exit from the service stations, blocked up by impatient drivers and buggy non-collision areas.

This will free up admins time online and allow them to focus on more important areas and reports,

and most importantly allow for drivers to enjoy their drive, and ease up heavy user traffic which causes FPS lag, bugs and multiple collisions.

• Upvote 6

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

I understand your way of thinking, but not allowing people to crash is just unrealistic at a completely new level. I understand the ones around services and drop-off points so people don't have to wait ages, but if you want more realism, I think there should always be an admin there ready to ban people who simply cannot drive.

Good Suggestion

In action, this is impossible.

Seeing as Calais + Duisburg is made from Prefabs, if one prefab is set to NCZ, many other places in the map would also be NCZ because they use the same Prefabs that are used in Calais and Duisburg.

• Upvote 3

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

9 minutes ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

Good Suggestion

In action, this is impossible.

Seeing as Calais + Duisburg is made from Prefabs, if one prefab is set to NCZ, many other places in the map would also be NCZ because they use the same Prefabs that are used in Calais and Duisburg.

Ah, that would explain why waaayyyyyy back when every city was NCZ. Gotcha!

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

I Agree we would need a ncz especially on c-d or maybe the Freeroam server brought back so that then there wouldn't be as much traffic and we can all be safe

Definitely a plus one from me.

Would definitely help with the chaos currently in areas around C/D, and should stop the crashing and accidents, especially around the repair area(s).

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

A more easier solution would be to move the back side of admins and get them to start punishing people who are either there doing nothing and just causing a clutter in the area or people who seem to find it funny to fly past the places at a high speed when someone is trying to pull out safely. Now I only play on EU #2 and the admins on there are great for what they do in a small amount of time but I don't see then on as much as I would like. Now I understand they have a personal life, job, play the game, etc but I'd like the game admin team to increase.

Edited by [TSRVTC - Driver] DubStepMad

mV7R3Lk.png 

Into Code

Well if the mods could come up with something, maybe with the help of SCS.
Got hit and stuck and then I ended up in the servicestation of Duisburg. What a mess the service station was in.
Put on the roaming camera recorded and enjoyed it :P 

I can imagine people get pretty frustrated if they spawn in Duisburg:
360.jpg

sorry -1 for me.

take for instance that picture above by @Dubbeledraaideur [NL}

let's say the NCZ extended to the traffic lights, I won't be surprised when the light turns green all 20 or more people begin to move off and you''ll meet with the same problems.

or how others going by from the other end of the junction or the left or right will ignore the red lights and rush into the NCZ, just because they can do it. and that example is a simple 1 lane alternating direction traffic-flow, do you really think trolls are going to care which lane they should take since it's an NCZ? then there's the same problem with lags/spikes and/or whatever excuses people can come up with. and boom, same problems or maybe even more problems; extended or not.

such issues are probably only going to be solved based on how much goodwill those drivers in that area have. or if the community is kind enough to yknow.. give way to 1 and drive on sort-of scenario. imho, an extension of the NCZ won't really help that much, or at all. In fact i actually really like the small area for NCZ.

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like this but disagree with your second to last statement  "This will free up admins time online and allow them to focus on more important areas and reports" I feel that the important areas are the more crowded areas as that will be the main place of people breaking rules since there are more people. Overall a great idea

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

I remember the release of TMP, when there was no collision in the service areas or in the companies, that was cool, but it caused inconvenience for players and so were added in specific areas.
Adding more non-collision areas would take away the realism of those who want to simulate, unfortunately we have to live with hasty and rude drivers.

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Let's be honest here. 99% of players who travel from Calais - Duisburg are only there for the traffic. Not for deliveries. The C - D road is almost certainly the main attraction that brings in more and more new players which is very healthy for the mod of course.  I don't even think the admins enforce the "useless traffic" rule anymore because there are just so many who are disobeying that rule by being on that road. They'd have to ban over 20% of the playerbase. That simply will not happen.

If there were suddenly a collision zone that covers most of both cities the traffic will go away sure, but the community will only find a different area to drive around that doesn't have a collision zone, then they will cause mass traffic and chaos there. It will be a endless cycle. There isn't anything the developers can do about the traffic unless they make all of the map a non-collision zone.

I think it will be very unhealthy for the mod if the devs decide to do something about the C - D road anyways. They would be removing the main attraction of multiplayer that is bringing in more new players than ever.

I hope they realise that too.

2 hours ago, BlizzLee said:

I don't even think the admins enforce the "useless traffic" rule anymore because there are just so many who are disobeying that rule by being on that road. They'd have to ban over 20% of the playerbase. That simply will not happen.

I think it rather is difficult for a game moderator to determine violations of that rule.
A single truck could be on its way to pick up a trailer. A single passenger car could be on its way to pick up a caravan trailer.
How would a game moderator know?