Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Integration with SCS

Dudeface

Suggestion Name: Integrate TMP with SCS software

Suggestion Description: Make a proposal to SCS to integrate TMP into the SCS software ETS2 and ATS.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: This suggestion should be added in order to make TMP have extra features, it would create an incentive to buy SCS's flagship games giving SCS a reason to accept and allow more features to be added that would never be added without SCS being involved, for example, LAN servers, 3rd party mods, AI traffic, all of the suggestions that have been put in the too hard basket. In fact TMP has a contact within SCS, the creator of the original Euro Truck Simulator Multiplayer now works for SCS software.

Rootkiller may well work for SCS, but what you have to remember is that they're still a relatively small company and I doubt they could afford to employ all the people that make the MP happen. This, in my opinion, is not going to happen. The MP draws in so many players to the base game by its self without having to pay people, so why would they mess with it?

I heard SCS are already trying to make their own multiplayer in the future, like trade said theres no reason for scs to imterfere with TMP, they make enough extra money from people buying ETS and ATS to only play TMP

1 hour ago, Shadowgaming(2) said:

Does MP have LAN servers? No, AI traffic, no. With SCS integration this will all be possible, all of the things that get put into the 'too hard' basket. Who doesn't want AI?

There are a few people who don't want AI. I for one do not, AI is for SP in MP that is called people. Having AI in MP would completely defeat the objective.

Maybe one day TMP will partner with SCS, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

On 15/04/2017 at 10:55 AM, Shadowgaming(2) said:

Does MP have LAN servers? No, AI traffic, no. With SCS integration this will all be possible, all of the things that get put into the 'too hard' basket. Who doesn't want AI?

Me, AI trafficin multiplayer will be the death of multiplayer, what with trolls blocking and locking off major routes, syncing issues and above all else, the sheer lag of trying to render personal trucks AND AI vehicles and their movements, all at the same time, lets face it, only those with pcs with 1070,1080s, titans and equivalent cards, who have 32 gbs of memory and a processor with more than 7 cores, will be able to play mp with relatively good fps.

as for intergrating mp into SCS sottwares portfolio, ehhhhh nah, unless mp can offer SCS a sweet enough deal that will make them think about turning their games from single player simulators to Multiplayer, open world sims, then no, not going to happen, besides, there. Isn't that much that person would gain from being a part of SCS, plus, don't you think SCS have enough on their plate dealing with licensing, map creation, bug fixes,game improvements and optimisation issues, adding mp to that list would put every other project on hold while they REBUILD, yes REBUILD their game essentially to accommodate mp in the base filesinstead of it being a server sided system.

long story short, no, this is dumb, SCS are more focused on the single player aspect and quite rightly so as that's what the games were designed to be in the first place.  

14 hours ago, Shadowgaming(2) said:

The whole point is not whether or not AI is good, it is whether or not it is possible, and at the current point AI isn't possible, whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, I'll leave up to you.

And what is the reasoning behind why AI is not possible? I mean seriously, ask any of us who have beeen around ETS2MP for more than a coup,e of years and we will tell you at length how many times AI is requested and why it's not possible/wanted. 

I mean mp is already a cluster truck of madness and AI will never work In this environment, a good example is GTA Online, if you and a friend park a truck across the highway such as the 1, you can shut that road down to players inamatter of minutes with the AI queuing up, same applies in ETS2mp, you get a troll who blocks a busy road, the AI queue up, suddenly you can have an AI jam to rival the Calais to Duisburg road.

not only that, but most of us came to MP to play with real people, if we wanted AI we would play single player. 

So no, having a "partnership" between TMP and SCS is very unlikely unless SCS decide to create their own mp within their games which, again, is very unlikely to occur, maybe if SCS make an ETS3 and ATS2, maybe then we could see a fixed mp along with new game engines and new features, but till then? No. 

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ 

As many as said. Maybe in the future.

BUT
Handing over the coding and files to SCS is not something these people will do easily. They don't get paid for all the coding and work they put into this in their OWN free time. So why should they hand over their hard work? 

IF they decide to do something they would Partner up with SCS or something similar. Fair exchange. TMP gives SCS something same time SCS give TMP something in return.  

twitter.pngyoutube.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.