Steam Name or Forum name? POLL

Forum name or Steam name POLL  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the current MP update using your forum name or would you rather it go back to your Steam name in-game?

• Yes I'm happy with forum name
    • No! I want my steam name again!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think using the forum name is better since you can use a different name while having mp. For example, someone may insert the name of their cargo team in front of his name but may not want to display it in other steam games. Therefore, forum name seems to be a more favourable choice.

7 hours ago, ilhantelli5734 said:

I want my steam name again!

Lol actually you can change your forum name into your steam name simply going into the 'Account Settings' sub-page in the main site.

That moment when your Forum name is the same as your steam name so it doesn't matter :P

I personally think it is a good idea

76561197981245742.png

i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz / Be Quiet 280mm AIO / GTX 1080 / 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM (@3200mhz) / EVGA G2 750W PSU / Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD / 2 x 2 TB HDD / Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Case

Forum name.

• You can have your name permanently on TMP because I always forgot to change name on Steam when playing on TMP.

• It will be easy for admins to look you up on the forums. (for those trolls if you know what i mean)

• For those with VTCs, don't cry. Nothing much change. Just change it on TMP and you can name whatever you want on Steam on other games you play. Plus, there is a tag system.

People still want their forum name and have a different one on MP lol.

Why do you do a Poll for that? 

You can easy go to your Profil st TruckersMP then Settings then Account Settings and Change Name.

That's exact the same like Steam. 

If you have Problems with Changing your Name, then let me know, i'll do then a "How to Change your Name" Video :) 

I would like to point out that the result of this poll will not affect the decision we made to use TruckersMP usernames instead of Steam usernames.

There are various of reasons of why we decided to switch. You still can change your username to match your Steam name if you really wish to do so.

Remember that every decision we make is done for a reason, and not just to annoy you guys.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

On 14.04.2017 at 7:10 AM, BaldemarDeutsch said:

I think this will a problem 

I dont want to use forum name because someone know me to this name on forum. 

I am in a VTC so that my steam name is not same 

So problem for someone who are in VTC

you can use ingame tags for your VTC

57 minutes ago, Bonnm said:

Why do you do a Poll for that? 

You can easy go to your Profil st TruckersMP then Settings then Account Settings and Change Name.

That's exact the same like Steam. 

If you have Problems with Changing your Name, then let me know, i'll do then a "How to Change your Name" Video :) 

You are right, but why would you do that if you could just start a thread where all the people that are dissatisfied can just cry endlessly? I know that it is in the human nature to be skeptical to any kind of changes to things you got used to, but some people are just taking this too far in my opinion. You guys are actually acting as if there wasn't any possibility to change your name ever again, which clearly isn't the case. So could you maybe just try to accept the change to the system and get along with it? Thanks...

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

I Feel fine with the Forum name and truckersmp names becasue then we can only have one user with a certain offensive name at one time, making it easier for the admins to spot them and ban them.

Hello. I am responding to the recent polling that was answered by players. I like the new switch because it allows the administration a more simple and easier way to find players who are on the game on the forum's. Simple fact is on your steam name you could say one thing but on your forum name you could have something else. I like how the update works and I just have to say this. Players will either have to get use to it or well play single player. This is not Mcdonalds you cant always get your way.

17 minutes ago, Firefighter3861 said:

Hello. I am responding to the recent polling that was answered by players. I like the new switch because it allows the administration a more simple and easier way to find players who are on the game on the forum's. Simple fact is on your steam name you could say one thing but on your forum name you could have something else. I like how the update works and I just have to say this. Players will either have to get use to it or well play single player. This is not Mcdonalds you cant always get your way.

I agree with firefighter, he made some good points. Will make staff's job a whole lot easier and potentially for players aswell.

Many Thanks, Pookie

@Pookie: Yes sir I think I would be a great moderator and in game admin but stuff takes time and the new list is out on who made the promotion and well I am not on there. would have been nice but oh well stuff happens for a reason

Archived