Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Whoa... newbie here... read on please...

T-Cell

Question

SO... got ETS2 ... gaming happily around with mah keyboard, (for now... GT29 is being ordered) ...
Found the option of MP, quite appealing... got the installer, installed and played..... for around 2 minutes.

The "Information" page, of this here fine forum, does NOT contain basic information as to what functions i have, NOR does it tell how to interact with the player window.... 2 MAJOR downsides, discovered within a mere 30 seconds of play on MP o.O

That aside.... hope to meet ye all out there, with more honking, less bashing :)

10 answers to this question

Firstly, welcome to the TMP family! :D

Secondly, I think this is something you could suggest in the suggestions section of the forum :)

Happy Trucking!

Also, *THIS* may interest you in learning about the forum whilst you are here :)

So you're new to the forum? 

Welcome!

Okay, so for guides all you need to do is go here

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/111-guides/

Make yourself feel comfortable and look for discussions which you could involve yourself in. The forum have different languages sub forums so you could always go visit those as well and you might even spot your own language! 

You make status updates! This is basically like Facebook. Tell us what you're up to. Tell us what you're doing :P do anything (Apart from stuff which is against the rules) As you're new make sure to go check the forum rules here https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/41-forum-rules/

Make yourself feel comfortable. You can even edit your profile telling us information about you and what you do :P 

For in game. You don't have much functions apart from the report system/chat. 

Report System- Find someone rule breaking? Report them using the tab menu > Click on their name > press the report button > Choose one of the options which they've broken.

Chat- Too interact with other people all you have to do is press Y! There are different commands which you can use. /pinfo <GameID> will pop up with information of the person id which you've just searched

Typing /help will also help you as well with other commands

Also make sure to read the game rules as well

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/115-in-game-rules/

Edited by Smalley
  • Upvote 1

Oi there's a lot of replies while driving through th wonderfull land of denmark... hehe :P

Ok... back to topic.... Thing is, i DID, and did again, twize, look through the guides section :S
FIRST thing a new user will look at, is "information" ....
Yeah, i get to see who is around me with "tab" ... and i get to chat, with "y" .... but... other than that, im baffled :S
No hints are been given in the key setup either, so :S ... ugh :S

I do normally know my way around forums, and their serch function, but keywords like "settings", "setup", "UI" dun seem to help up as much :S

Dun want to be an ass right off the bat.... just dun want to become a another hzzard out there on the roads :S

And thank fer the welcomes.... on a 50 peeps EU server atm for testing.... going to the 200+ one in a few : )

Well first off, the voice chat key is now "X".

With regards to settings or setup, do you mean the actual game settings or the mp "tab" settings?

Multiplayer is not an official part of ETS2 so you will not find settings for it in game other than within the "tab" menu

Common Sense Is Very Rare Indeed

Just now, Pegesus said:

Well first off, the voice chat key is now "X".

With regards to settings or setup, do you mean the actual game settings or the mp "tab" settings?

Multiplayer is not an official part of ETS2 so you will not find settings for it in game other than within the "tab" menu

Nice to know about Voice o.O Thank :):) ... push-to-talk, or ? o.O ....

The settings i mean, are those you get, when hitting "tab".... theres a cogwheel in the buttom left of that window....
Also saw people on youtube, click around in the names... but, cant make that happen myself :S

16 minutes ago, Pegesus said:

yes its push to talk only.

While the "tab" menu is open use right mouse button to use the cursor, right click again to remove the cursor.

WHAA.... Brilliant!! THE info, i was looking for.... at which, i might have been illusive in my eager to make this work :S
Thanks a billion!! :)
This, needs adding to the "informations" threads though LOL.... simple guide, as to how to work the UI in general :S
BUT... whole diff subject : )... as for now, the case of UI interaction, has been solved :9 . Thaaaaanks : )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.