afk timer

4 minutes ago, Jack122 said:

yes but some people park up and do stuff on their phone or something like that but dont always see the quick red message in chat telling them to move or will be kicked for afk

But then all you have to do is press Y>space>enter to reset the afk timer in game. 

Common Sense Is Very Rare Indeed

Some people setup  autohotkey to keep from getting kicked..I really don't see the need for something like that..Why buy a trucking game if all your gonna do is sit?? :)

+1 great idea, i'd like to have that in the game as i make reports on the website and it can warn me so i can go back in the game and move my truck so I don't get kicked just before i complete a report

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

StreamingAussie - Veteran Driver III

Driver for Courtz Carriers (April 24 2019)

TruckersMP   l   Steam   l   Twitch  l  World of Trucks

76561198340005094.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 I also am in favor of this. If I may, i would like to add another idea to this. What if the AFK timer is longer if we are parked in a no collisions zone? Or is there something like this that is already in use? Irresponsible drivers that park in the road should be kicked in a short time (1 or 2 minutes), but those parked in a parking lot should be allowed to sit there longer (maybe 10 minutes?). It's better than typing nonsense in the chat.

^The AFK timer will remain the same, the only purpose of the timer is to kick users who aren't doing anything so others have the chance to play. It also keeps the servers full of active players so server resources aren't being used up for nothing. I'll agree that players who park on the actual road should be kicked, but those who park on the side do not deserve to be kicked. Also considering the fact if you hit that player on the side of the road you're at fault because they were out of the way and you were driving in the shoulder. 

IMO the "if you don't move in 1 minute you'll be kicked" message is good enough. Regardless of what you're doing if your screen is in your peripheral vision the red message catches the eye. If you don't want to miss the message then keep your chat open when your AFK then you'll always see that message. The moment you leave your computer the AFK timer is doing what it's meant to be doing, you can't see your computer screen so a visible timer in this instance makes no sense. If you're sitting at your computer then the AFK timer is annoying, but you can see your computer screen. In this instance you'll still be able to see the warning message in chat and reset it every so often, if you can see the red message, a visible timer isn't needed. I'm around players who reset the AFK timer all the time and it isn't annoying at all.

I'm not against this, I just feel that this is not a necessary thing to add. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised that people are only talking about waiting for convoys and playing with your phone. How about running off to use the washroom? Going upstairs to pour yourself a drink? Just a thought.

My only problem with this is, when does the timer kick in? How do you determine the difference between someone stuck in traffic and someone who's actually AFK?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...