[SCS Blog] Heavyweights to enter the ring soon

SCS Blog

We have been spending considerable time during the recent year fine-tuning truck & trailer physics and improving power train simulation. We feel more and more confident now that we'll be soon ready to share the results of this development with you.

We are preparing new content and gameplay features for both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator. As a first, we plan to bring you a pack of new Heavy Cargo sitting on all-new trailers for ETS2. The driving experience with 50+ tons in tow is very different, so much in fact that it may tempt us to pack in new powerful chassis configurations for some of the trucks!

eut2_hq_58ef37cf.png

eut2_hq_58ef3efe.png
WC6CbcEyDxs

View the full article

• Upvote 9

Hurr durr I'm a bot *beep*

Nice. Those traillers will  a DLC :P Won't in MP and long waiting

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

@Mirko9 That might be true, but keep in mind that all the current trailers we got in game are actually way shorter than the ones listed above. And some people are obviously overstrained already with the current situation, so i don't think i wanna be anywhere near suicide road right after this DLC gets implemented into MP... :D

• Upvote 2

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

*horn* *horn* *horn* *horn* *flashing high beam lights behinds *flashing high beam lights behinds *horn* *horn* *horn* *horn*

Many new things in only one post:

• Heavy trailers
  • New Paintjob (as I've seen on Mercedes)
  • New Chassis
  • Isn't that the AROCS from the Workshop?

And on American Truck Simulator? What will they add? There are only photos on ETS2.

Btw looking forward this update/DLC...

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

this looks great :D but I don't really see how these will be added to MP though :unsure: Look how long it took to add the Schwarzmuller trailers and these one will probably be quite a bit bigger :rolleyes: Even if they do somehow manage to add them then it would probably take quite a while (I could be completely wrong about this tho - i'm just guessing :P) but if these do come to MP and go on the C-D road :o Oh well that will be chaos :lol:

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

2 hours ago, Kravatie said:

yus

dat 4k image tho

However, I am actually looking forward to it as well since there are new chassis which will make the truck way bigger than it can already be. On the other hand, people will more often have to stop at a petrol station because there won't be a 1,400L tank like it is now available if you have 2 axles only.

How the developers are going to implement this is, to me, a miracle. I just hope that they eventually manage it somehow and that it does not take too long.

Also, I am concerned about the price of this new content which will certainly be released as a downloadable content. Hopefully, they will give away keys for the first 20k people who subscribe to their YT channel or whatever, just like they've done previously with the Schwarzmüller Trailer DLC or the Michelin fan pack.

Edit: @Smalley you really want to use the scout car for what it is supposed to be used but imagine if people pulled those trailers in their cars? :| 

Regards ;)

Edited by Anriandor
Added reply for smalleys comment