[SCS Blog] Heavyweights to enter the ring soon

SCS Blog

this video and this video seems to confirm a few new things like:

12+2 overdrive transmission with a 3.96 diff, which will by far be the shortest gearbox in game

- +2 gears are crawl gears

No new engines, at least at this point

Scania R/streamline have 8x4 bodies, but ivceo, man, renault trucks won't

New Actros gets a modified front end with 8x4 body

New Actros new paint jobs

Volvo FH gets wolf themed paint jobs (and it looks good)

New front bullbar/bottom accessories for the Scanias?

along with the griffin paint jobs for scanias, another heavy load paint

5561t for heaviest load in update, and 8x4 trucks are in contract driver mode

Most likely with new update:

new trailer positioning? (could be mod)

new places to park over sized loads

A tool to check how well your truck can manage specific loads

8x4 truck configs in truck dealership (scania) (volvo)

improved truck physics for heavy loads

Edited by rrs
  • Upvote 1

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that SCS announced in the double-trailer blog post that the heavy loads will be a paid DLC , isn't the known implementation problem from the Schwarzmüller DLC back again?

Since I own all DLCs for both games, I won't be having any problems, but on the other hand, I don't know which tricks the TMP-programmers used to "replace" the Schwarzmüller trailers for those who don't own the DLC...

I can imagine that it'll be quite difficult to find and implement anything that mimics those heavy haulers for people who don't own that DLC...:unsure:

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

On 5/6/2017 at 0:43 PM, -Raiden- said:

Now that SCS announced in the double-trailer blog post that the heavy loads will be a paid DLC , isn't the known implementation problem from the Schwarzmüller DLC back again?

Since I own all DLCs for both games, I won't be having any problems, but on the other hand, I don't know which tricks the TMP-programmers used to "replace" the Schwarzmüller trailers for those who don't own the DLC...

I can imagine that it'll be quite difficult to find and implement anything that mimics those heavy haulers for people who don't own that DLC...:unsure:

The devs will need to find a modder who can create something the same size for MP usage.  Also, I'd figure double trailers will become the fad of MP first while at the same time be the way more difficult load to haul

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.