Read aloud GPS

Suggestion Name: Read Aloud GPS

Suggestion Description: Whenever you come up to a turn, periodically estimated time of arrival, and speed limit the GPS will say it out loud instead of you having to look at the GPS.

Any example images: Not possible.

Why should it be added?: I've seen people on the forums care about the realism of the game so I think if the mod could be updated to say out loud would make the experience a whole lot better.

Please keep in mind: I do know that this isn't anything NEEDED but from what I've seen, this is what the people who play this game seriously and legitimately want. Now of course, there will probably be that one person saying that they would find the bot annoying, there should be an option to turn off sound for the GPS if this is added.

Now, this could go much more beyond than the things I listed but it would be the choice of the devs on what they want it to say out loud.

Prepare to never miss a turn, decrease the amount of accidents, and much more!

• Upvote 2

New.png

Well that's the thing, I would contact SCS but such big companies wouldn't care about one small suggestion like mine.

Which is why I came to TMP because they seem talented and at the same time they have a whole forum just for suggestions meaning they probably listen to their community.

And an active community like this would have a much bigger impact than just the main game. Because TMP brings real people together.

New.png

It's not too hard to develop and voice acting is not needed as there are free high quality text to speech programs that are multi-lingual and allow exporting as .mp3 which can be implemented using code later on.

Not that I know anything a lot about coding, but i'm pretty sure if they make this a thing it would be easy compared to what they have done before and it kind of is necessary if they want to attach more players to the multiplayer experience...It gives people a better perspective and it's a little addition which can change the realism of the game in a positive way.

New.png

+1 from me have always wanted something like this. The languages shouldn't be too hard to develop as just as a real life GPS it is a robot which has a series of sounds recorded and uses those to make words and sentences. Would definitely from missing that turn/exit every now and then... ;) 

3 hours ago, maximskor said:

+1 from me have always wanted something like this. The languages shouldn't be too hard to develop as just as a real life GPS it is a robot which has a series of sounds recorded and uses those to make words and sentences. Would definitely from missing that turn/exit every now and then... ;) 

Thanks! This addition can definitely lead to great things.

I hope a mod sees this so they can tell me if it is possible for them to do or not.

New.png

3 hours ago, Kina -Tachograph said:

I would like to have a backup image, or when the truck is approaching, a warning sound to remind the driver, ha ha

Lmao, you didn't tell me that they are working on a tesla truck!

New.png

Hello although this is a great idea and i +1 it this is a suggestion that has to be made to SCS and they will consider adding it as part of the game the above person has put their forums link for suggestions above you can go there and write your suggestion :)  

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

@Converse Apparently you don't know that .mp3 files can be implemented into the GPS system...

"No way this can be scripted" There are many ways. And i'm sure owners of TMP know how to do it.

@JasonTrucks We already went over that idea please give opinions and don't repeat things we talked about :)

For now I just want to see if people think this is a game changer.

• Upvote 1

New.png

12 hours ago, Zovonic said:

@Converse Apparently you don't know that .mp3 files can be implemented into the GPS system...

"No way this can be scripted" There are many ways. And i'm sure owners of TMP know how to do it.

@JasonTrucks We already went over that idea please give opinions and don't repeat things we talked about :)

For now I just want to see if people think this is a game changer.

Well, alright. If you say so. But I still think it's not gonna get scripted :D

It would definitely be a great feature to have, and I think its been suggested to SCS before.

I'd love to see this in-game, and I'm sure TruckersMP could make it, but its something more directed at SCS Software to make and implement.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I personally like the idea - but how are you going to have such "realism" when an informational road sign says there is a gas station in 1000 meters, and it's actually 3 GPS Kilometers? And as for TMP - their distance calculator between players works different as well... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.