How come only certain areas are always busy and full of traffic?

Zovonic

Places like Calais and Duisburg are always full of traffic and I think the reason is, when people see traffic they always do a u-turn and cause even more traffic...I don't see the logic behind it? But how does the traffic form in the first place...

New.png

I think it's not just the signs which cause the confusion. If you think about it, people are attracted to drama and chaos so a lot of them would choose to travel on the roads just for that. I think that 70% (if not more) drivers on the C-D road are not on just because their job says to go there, but because they make the choice to go there since they know that is where the chaos is. Some people think that the other roads are boring because they do not see anyone else nor any AI cars.

Holiday Player - Former Soarfly Logistics Staff Member - Event Supervisor of Haulage 64 2017

My stats are not definite, it may be less than 70% of the drivers on there, it may be more. I can understand why you may not see the logic in it though. All to their own opinions though. I would quite like to know if their are any other theories to why roads such as the CD road are so busy.

Holiday Player - Former Soarfly Logistics Staff Member - Event Supervisor of Haulage 64 2017

Funny thing is, if players would just go out and play the game and do jobs instead of driving through C-D road, you'd see players all the time. 

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

2 hours ago, Jobawick said:

I think it's not just the signs which cause the confusion. If you think about it, people are attracted to drama and chaos so a lot of them would choose to travel on the roads just for that. I think that 70% (if not more) drivers on the C-D road are not on just because their job says to go there, but because they make the choice to go there since they know that is where the chaos is. Some people think that the other roads are boring because they do not see anyone else nor any AI cars.

Agreed. I enjoy a busy route, will always take that one if it's available

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

4 hours ago, JeffSFC said:

Funny thing is, if players would just go out and play the game and do jobs instead of driving through C-D road, you'd see players all the time. 

That's the thing that bothers me, some roads feel so lonely and empty which completely takes away the purpose of this mode but also influences people to chase towards traffic jams because if they were common, people would be sick of them.

It's all coming together.

New.png

I have these specs yet I still get 30-40 FPS in crowded areas.

CPU - i7 7700k

GPU - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC 8gb

Mobo - Asus prime z270-a 3.1

Monitor - Dell s2417dg 165Hz 2k resolution

HDD - 3tb seagate

OS - win 10

Its cool talking to one person on 2 threads btw :P

New.png

All it takes is one newbie or novice driver to be confused and hold up traffic when the server is at its peak, and it will remain like that until the population dies down again. Very rarely I sometimes come by Calais-Duisburg road with the server population still high, and traffic is flowing efficiently at Brussels Junction. Yes, you guys have a yield on the road, but its common courtesy to have one go from each direction - kind of like an all way stop if that makes sense when traffic is high. It will save everybody time and reduce very heavy traffic. Another common thing I see causing traffic is people having to make a left turn at Brussels Junction, they have to yield to everybody - those coming from ahead, and off the highway. So it is challenging to find a gap.

While I'm entirely against those who give up their right of way to "be nice" (who I've seen a lot of times get rear ended because people DON'T expect it), I think if traffic is already moving very slowly and/or stopped, it wouldn't be a problem to let a guy trying to make a left turn at Brussels Junction (or anywhere else with traffic) go as it will make you 5 seconds behind but save everybody else from sitting in traffic for around 2 minutes waiting for that guy to turn. Just my 2 cents.

I know for a fact that people wouldn't just be nice like that if it wasn't the idea of them being happy or enjoying the situation so the cause of traffic may after all be by the people who just enjoy being in crowded areas.

New.png

15 hours ago, Zovonic said:

That's the thing that bothers me, some roads feel so lonely and empty which completely takes away the purpose of this mode but also influences people to chase towards traffic jams because if they were common, people would be sick of them.

It's all coming together.

You're right. Oddly though, that's all the majority of the players seem to do, chase traffic jams. Before C-D road, it was Europoort. 

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

It is mainly because of the GPS directing people through there but nowadays because of that and so many people were around trolls decided to move from Rotterdam/Europort to Calais-Duisburg and then more traffic builds up and the high player limit on eu 2 means more traffic, more traffic means more trolls, more trolls mean even more traffic and it's just stuck in a loophole and there is no way out of it unless there are other roads that are base game. Sadly we have to avoid those roads now seen as they were good for journeys now good for getting 100% damage. That's why i hardly went there anymore i had enough of it and i could finally go to Rotterdam & Europort without damage, lag and getting rammed, well most of the time anyway xD .

Best option is to avoid busy places at times or just go on EU3 or Another Server as they won't have as much traffic and are good for when you want to go on C-D without damage. :) Hope this helped.

vkdg7t.jpgbanner

I try to avoid that road because if I get there my game runs at 5 or less fps, so I could add more chaos to the chaos. I make jobs from north (Scandinavia) to east or south-west of Europe. If you want to see some players there are 2 "Autobahns" that are usually busy (but not as C-D):

• From Dortmund to Dresden
  • From Amsterdam to Berlin

Check this guide if you want.

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be

Archived