Forerunner

Painted Trailer Mod Tool

Painted Trailer Mod Tool

by Forerunner

Overview:

This is a program that allows for easy creation of painted trailer mods, without prior knowledge of mod making required.

The program uses a simple Windows Forms Interface.

UI Screenshot:

iGoLYyh.png

How to use:

1. Download and place 'Painted_Trailer_Tool.exe' into your mod folder (not a subfolder).

3. run the program

4. Select the options you want. You must select an "Override Trailer" is "Use Override Trailer" is checked.

5. Press "Build Trailer Mod" - this will open the colour picker

6. Open the game and activate the mod with the name you chose.

7. You can now use the mod as you would any other MP-compatible trailer mod.

Download Links:

GitHub Repository: https://github.com/Forerunner-Mods/Painted_Trailer_tool/tree/V2 (license and source)

Latest Build: https://github.com/Forerunner-Mods/Painted_Trailer_tool/releases/tag/V2

Planned Features:

-ATS support

All feedback is appreciated.

• Upvote 11

Hi @Forerunner,

That's a nice mod but it's not working on my pc. I did what you wrote in your post 

On 12.4.2017 at 11:38 AM, Forerunner said:

How to use:

1. Download the tool and extract 'PaintedTrailerTool.exe' and 'emptytrailer.sii' into your mod folder (not a subfolder).

2. Open an image editing software (such as Paint) to get the RGB values you want.

3. run the program and follow the prompts.

4. Open the game and activate the mod with the name you chose.

5. You can now use the mod as you would any other MP-compatible trailer mod.

but I think something is wrong with it. After I've activated it, ETS2 told me that a game version change has been detected. I thought "ok, it's a new mod, maybe that's why".

But even after I ported myself to a garage (Pécs) thousand of kilometers away from my headquarter (Stavanger) and did the F7+Enter method the freight market still said: "No".

eWCBeSE.png

So I drove to a near dealer to get a trailer... and... well... look for yourself

oL7foLt.jpg

Neither a trailer stood there, available to pick up nor the green rotating symbole on the ground was visible.

So i deactivated the mod and all those problems were gone. I don't know why this happened but it did.

Regards

Edited by Mr. Blue Sky
I'm sorry if I the grammar isn't used the correct way. I'm a not-English speaker.

Bump for Update:

- Fixed an issue where the economy would reset with 0 cargoes caused by an oversight where some countries use a , for decimal points rather than a . - this is now handled.

This worked perfectly for me and made adding the painted trailers much easier rather than before. Definitely going to keep using this. 

Thank you very much. 

@MetalDragon it is being worked on, along side Schwarzmuller DLC support. The thing with ATS is the trailers have different numbers of axles where as ETS2 they all have 3, and some of them have 2 types of wheels; i'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to do this.

12 minutes ago, Hyperspace said:

help..

dabbing_dabbin.png

Click "More info". Then you should be able to run it

Edited by Mr. Blue Sky

17 minutes ago, Mr. Blue Sky said:

Click "More info". Then you should be able to run it

how do i bring it into mp when i save it and run it mp it transforms into a normal trailer

18 hours ago, Hyperspace said:

how do i bring it into mp when i save it and run it mp it transforms into a normal trailer

You need to get your trailer in the singleplayer, of course. The multiplayer deactivates all other mods than itself. And if you don't want that your trailers are to late to unload them:

1. start the multiplayer

2. refresh your freight market

3. close the mp and start the singleplayer

4. activate the mod and get your painted trailer (couple it with your truck!)

5. close the sp and start the multiplayer again

6. have fun ^_^

• Upvote 1

tried this but got the same problem as Blue Sky :( no jobs (tried f7+ enter) tried it a 2nd time and its now all normal trailers (no painted ones)

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)

Not working :l Afrer doing my paintjob, i back to game and i have no jobs avaiable. When i do save and back to game i got normal trailers, without any changes.