In-Game UI Customisation

Message added by Phon,

This guide is outdated and may not contain updated, recent or correct information. Please bear this in mind if following this guide.

It is intended that this guide will be updated by the author soon.

3 hours ago, Hans mit der Gans said:

For some reason, I only have a folder called "TruckersMP Launcher" with no hidden stuff in it. 

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP\data - If you cannot see the ProgramData folder, you need to change your File Explorer settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files-0320fe58-0117-fd59-6851-9b7f9840fdb2

32 minutes ago, Digital said:

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP\data - If you cannot see the ProgramData folder, you need to change your File Explorer settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files-0320fe58-0117-fd59-6851-9b7f9840fdb2

Already found my misake, but thanks anyway. By the way: Is there some way to change the color of the font or maybe at least invert it? 

10 minutes ago, Hans mit der Gans said:

Already found my misake, but thanks anyway. By the way: Is there some way to change the color of the font or maybe at least invert it? 

You can change the font colours on the UI windows, yes, but it's not straight-forward.

You would do this by modifying the ui_skin.png file. There are coloured squares in the bottom left, which each correspond to a specific UI element.

I'm hoping to create a KB article around the UI system, to explain modifying it in even more detail than this topic does. That may interest you, when it's ready.

I do have some rough guidelines on what each element of the ui_skin.png file does, for now, since it's not documented very well at the moment. Let me know if you are interested.

15 minutes ago, Digital said:

Let me know if you are interested.

I sure am. It's quite hard to figure out which color changes which element. I tried to simply invert the whole thing, because my UI is quite bright, but the result wasn't as satisfying as I hoped. An explanation would make things much easier. The alternative is to try every color panel and search the whole game for this exact color. A matter of hours. Thank you very much for your efforts already. 

9 hours ago, Hans mit der Gans said:

I sure am. It's quite hard to figure out which color changes which element. I tried to simply invert the whole thing, because my UI is quite bright, but the result wasn't as satisfying as I hoped. An explanation would make things much easier. The alternative is to try every color panel and search the whole game for this exact color. A matter of hours. Thank you very much for your efforts already. 

Not to worry. Back in 2017 I did just that - changing each and every element individually and documenting what is used and where.

The rough guidelines I referred to were primarily created just for my own reference, so it may not make much sense to someone else. However, you can download the .zip here: (http://www.mediafire.com/file/zk2jz7xhj76dbbx/TruckersMP_UI_Sprite_Guideline.zip/file), then extract the first folder.

There are two folders inside:

Full UI Sprite - Contains the full ui_skin template.

TruckersMP UI Sprite - Contains only the elements actually used in TruckersMP. I made this mostly just to give myself a visual representation of what is used in our mod. The actual ui_skin in TruckersMP is the Full UI Sprite, but you could technically use this one so it's less confusing.

Open the index.html file for either one, this should open in your web-browser. Hover your mouse over each element, and a tooltip should show, describing what it does. Again, as I made this for my personal use, some things may not make total sense and there will probably be some trial and error you have to do yourself. However, this should give you a massive head start into creating your own professional UI skin.

I made these 4 years ago, so some things may be incorrect and rough. But, I will, at some point, create an official KB article which explains the UI system in-depth.

I hope this helps, and have fun! ? 

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't know that thanks.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello truckers, is there anyone who can help me change the UI pack of TruckersMP with their new launcher, with the older one I was able to customize it, but after I installed the new launcher I am no longer able to change the UI pack. Also everything is ok in C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP\data
image.png.734e70cd12d33212da92d0081280773d.png
 But I don't know why isn't working anymore, please help me with some solutions

Best regards,
Irinel BotT

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...