Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Logitech G29 centering 'dead-zone'?

KevinP

I recently changed my G920 for a G29, my G920 had a very small dead-zone, but it was nothing too noticable for the auto-centering in Euro Truck Simulator. However, the G29 has a massive space where the wheel will center to, but it won't fully center and will stay around 5 degrees to either the left or the right. This is very irritating when driving and I am unsure why this is happening because in game such as Project Cars, the force feedback operates in this space. If this is the standard for the G29 it's absolutely horrid, but as far as I knew, the G920 and G29 were identical apart from the buttons and support for the XB / PS.

The wheel does seem to center fully if I set auto-centering up extremely high, but this makes it too stiff to play properly. Anyone have any idea why this is happening, if it's normal or if there's any way to fix it?

Have you tried to calibrate your wheel with the Logitech Gaming Software?

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

A second option which i'm not 100% sure is go into Windows and see if you can get a calibration there.

Also give a try to put the wheel on PS3 mode.

http://prntscr.com/eu2ht4 http://prntscr.com/eu2i94

I use the g920 and honestly haven't had a single issue with it I could have easily got the g29 as I own both xbox one and ps4 I only got the g920 because my game library is bigger on xbox but I honestly thought the hardware and everything would be 100% identical apart from the button mapping and so forth!  

Was the wheel bought new or second hand... because if second hand might be faulty or was setup differently I do how ever find little options with the Logitech software for such an expensive bit of equipment you think they would have a better base for software to access and alter each to their own not as basic as it is now....

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived