TruckersMP launcher crashes after installing Windows Creators Update

finding meemo

Question

Hey all,

Today I decided to get the Windows 10 Creators Update early. It brings new creative features to Windows, including "game mode." I downloaded it early through the windows website.

After the update finished I tried to open the TruckersMP launcher. Nothing happened, and all I saw was an error message (see attached). I opened up ETS2 singleplayer and it worked fine. I then reinstalled the TruckersMP launcher, and nothing the problem remained. I have tried compatibility mode, running as admin, and turning off game mode. Nothing has fixed it. Multiplayer was working just fine before I got the Windows update (system specs attached). Help me!

Edit: I have verified that my installation directory is correct and that I am on the right version of both games. Still nothing.

Edit #2: For some reason it works now. I don't know how it righted itself overnight but now I'm truckin' again! I seriously didn't touch it and I had already restarted a bunch of times. This is very odd.

------

error.PNG

specs.PNG

9 answers to this question

Follow this, see if it has any effect. 

Try to run a sfc /scannow command in DOS then restart your computer and try again. https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

As a last option, delete the ETS2MP folder from documents and follow the guide below, 

1. Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  2. Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  3. Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  4. Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  5. Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges

https://truckersmp.com/download/

Also, verify the ETS 2 game files. 

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Others have posted that their MP is working on the creators update so it may not be an update problem here but something more complex, it may even be that re-installing fixes it.

Anyhow, see how you go and post back with your results.

Hey Mnovelli2,

Have you recently reinstalled Windows ?

Please make sure your game is installed through Steam (check file integrity if alredy installed in Steam) , download the MP client again

You can also try to right-click the shortcut of the MP client, go to proprieties, then go to compatibility tab, click on "run this program in compatibility mode" and choose Windows XP .

I have the Creators update but i don't have any problems.

I suggest you to make a ticket https://support.truckersmp.com/ since this is a new problem.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

9 hours ago, THEMIS! said:

Hey Mnovelli2,

Have you recently reinstalled Windows ?

Please make sure your game is installed through Steam (check file integrity if alredy installed in Steam) , download the MP client again

You can also try to right-click the shortcut of the MP client, go to proprieties, then go to compatibility tab, click on "run this program in compatibility mode" and choose Windows XP .

Thanks for the help! I had already tried this but it didn't fix it. For some reason it works now. I don't know how it righted itself overnight but now I'm truckin' again!

have you tried running as admin?

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Reinstall MP,I am on creators and MP works fine

Hope this helps

• Upvote 1

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png