Using a profile for both SP and MP

madkobra

Question

So i read the "How to get Started in Multiplayer with Mods & Tips!!" thread and i am doing what it says. I deleted all my old profile(it was new anyway). I created a new profile in offline game. I connected to world of trucks. I started playing. I played until i was able to get the biggest loan and then i got it, bought a truck, did some customization on it. Came to online mode, game crashed at dealership so went back to offline to buy a truck and came back to online again. Now can i just play multiplayer or singleplayer whenever i want ? How does saving work? Should i just use one save file for online and offline? Should i use the autosave of game of should i use a manual save file?

5 answers to this question

Most people recommend to use separate profiles if you're planning to run the game in both SP and MP modes. First, the SP profile can have any mods you want and they won't interfere with the MP profile, whereas if you have just one profile, everytime you start MP those mods send a warning and are deactivated, it can be a little annoying. Second, time runs differently in MP and SP, so if you develop a profile in SP, all legit as you describe, when you enter MP with that profile, its time will synchronize with the server's one (which doesn't stop and will be a lot of weeks ahead), if you already have hired drivers in that profile, when the time synchronizes, the game calculates the income that those drivers would have made during the time difference, so you can find yourself waiting for several minutes, looking at a black screen (the game will look as it froze, but it's just catching up) and right after that, several extra millions/billions in your account, all hired drivers with top levels and skills, etc.

About saving your progress, you have 3 ways: autosave (it can't be disabled) will save every X minutes (not sure how many), quicksave, you can assign a key or button to this function to make an immediate save while you're driving (be careful when using this in MP, it causes the game to freeze for a moment and can cause an accident if someone is driving right behind your truck) and the manual saving, via the game's Menu - Save.

I play most of the time MP, but still, I have a different profile to use when I decide to go into SP, with several mods and enhancements not allowed in MP.

Edited by FernandoCR
Adding the "save" section

You can use your profile for SP & MP only if your mods in case you are using mods ) are multiplayer compatbile. If you are using a modded truck, the game can crash if you try to play multiplayer. You can use multiple accessory mod, the one that allow you to place lights on any front barr, bottom barr or upper. If you use promods or something else that change your map, your game will crash when you try to log-in multiplayer.

About save:

the game save your profile when you push the red "exit from game" button in "ESC" menu. 

If you are using mods ( allowed or not ) the game will give you an error that isn't important if mods are compatible with multiplayer ( only mods that use default objects of the game are compatible ) you can just press "continue".

Hello,

Both MP and SP are in sync. Whatever you do in MP is saved when you go on SP. Whatever you do in SP is saved when you go on MP.

Both SP + MP use the same profiles so there is no need to worry about it not saving. All saves will load just fine, ensuring you do not have any mods enabled (MP does not support third party mods). 

Just an extra pointer: In MP you are able to get the "Scout" car modification. If you buy a "Scout" vehicle and attempt to launch into SP it will turn back into a truck. But no need to worry since you can purchase this again on MP anyway.

Anyway, there is no need to worry because like I said before MP + SP work from the same profile and your progress will be saved.

Enjoy :) 

I slept and when i woke up i was a billionaire. Gonna delete it start a separate profile just for MP. 

The only mods i have downloaded are the ones below but i cant even see them when i launch MP and press mod manager. I guess i will play modless. Do you guys suggest any mods for MP?

-Realistic Headlight Range

-HD New Road Textures v0.2

-Real European Companies (by Tamiel18)

-Real European Gas Stations

Also why is there no ai traffic in MP? It's so barren like this. 

Edit: I dont understand. I just created a new profile and i go back to profile menu and it crashes. I go back in game it says 3000 days. I didnt even do anything yet. I am not supposed to play in MP like i play ni SP? I am supposed to just play witout a company?