Analaysis and suggestions about cars

Jadenn

Ah, cars. A highly controversial topic among the community it seems. I'm unsure where to even begin tackling that issue, but i'll start with player behaviour regarding cars.

I have been extensively researching this topic on the forums, as well as sorting through my own experiences in game with cars. There are more than a few suggestions, reports and topics regarding them, so i'll try and wrap a universal discussion about it in this topic, as it seems many if any of the issues regarding them have been resolved due to the fragmented nature of the reports.

But, on to behaviour. I'll recognize that there are some decent drivers of cars in game who want to respect the truckers that the game is based around, however the vast majority of players in cars are generally haphazard driving them, disrespectful, and ignorant towards other users of the road. They get impatient and act disrespectfully due to how slowly trucks accelerate and maneuver in comparison to themselves which creates a bad situation for everyone involved. They don't control their speed and crash into objects, other trucks and themselves. Players in the community have spoken out countless times about reckless behaviour.

While i appreciate the inherent use of cars in game (police, filler traffic to make the game feel more alive), I do not believe that cars as they are currently implemented in game are appropriate at this time. Some major decisions about accessibility, price (and speed!) are needed, as they are extremely detrimental to the experience of everyone else.

While staff cannot possibly be everywhere at once, there are still quite a few things that can be controlled about cars to make everyone's experience a better one.

• Upvote 2

So what are you suggesting?

On top of the threads you can also find this;

Remember to keep your post structured and easy to read and keep it to one suggestion pr. thread.

For example:

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Edited by PrototypeGR
•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Use the search option! Things to change cars have been suggested.  The thing is I can drive and control the car totally fine so it is nothing wrong with the car. It is to do with the driver though so regardless of what they drive there will always be a problem.

19 hours ago, PrototypeGR said:

So what are you suggesting?

On top of the threads you can also find this;

The suggestion is in bold (and covered in the third paragraph) , additionally I have included the required details you have listed. I have extensively covered why i have suggested it. I do not believe pictures would be applicable to this.

16 hours ago, oolala11 said:

Use the search option! Things to change cars have been suggested.  The thing is I can drive and control the car totally fine so it is nothing wrong with the car. It is to do with the driver though so regardless of what they drive there will always be a problem.

14 hours ago, CrazyPillow said:

Oh! Look what I've found here:

And there are many more of these posts!

Then you have misunderstood *what* i have suggested. I have read those threads in question and they are not related. Currently there have been no suggestions regarding the operational implementation of cars. I do see some fine points about the variety of available vehicles.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with @Jadenn that there is need for action in this matter. To be precise, the Scout's physics and accessibility must be reconsidered.

A rework of its physics should include a way lower maximum speed and more effective brakes.

How can its accessibility be controlled? Certainly not over its price, as long as the edit of save games is allowed in TruckersMP.
But maybe it can be controlled over a players punishment history. And /or access to it is granted on a timely staggered basis, so that a player can drive the Scout only for a certain amount of time per day.

Just thinking out loud.

23 hours ago, [ICE-VTC] TanFlicks said:

Cars cars cars so many posts about cars. If you want to escape from cars then go to the other servers and not EU2 or request the Dev of the car to fix it so it's not too clunky.

Also please keep the post nice and simple by using the template.

I believe this post was created before such templates existed.

I'm unsure why everyone decided to revive this age old thread, but considering the developers never commented on it it's safe to say this suggestion won't happen soon, if at all. This thread could probably be closed.

• True Story 1

• 1 year later...