CB is not working

VincevD

Question

I cant hear people talk in CB! When i press V i can talk to them. In the left top corner of my screen i see the Sound icon and a Name next to it but i can only not hear them. I did already reinstalled TruckersMP Mod but it still didnt work.

Does someone has the same problem? And has someone an solution?

2/4/2017 15:48, Solved

12 answers to this question

There are few things you may need to check:

1. Check your default microphone - it shouldn't be set to stereo mix or similar

2. Check if your headset has the mic mute switch somewhere. If you find it, set it into opposite state - you might've muted the mic by accident.

3. Check the volume of the default microphone - if it's very low(close to 0%), raise it up.

4. Check if you have plugged in the microphone into microphone connector(may not be applicable for USB headsets).

Also make sure that CB radio is actually turned on in-game.

If everything listed is checked and fixed(if applicable) there's settings in-game to change the volume of CB transmit and receive. 

In the settings(cog icon) select "sound" tab and you'll find voice and mic volume sliders. First one sets the CB receive volume, the second one sets the CB transmit volume.

Open your panel with the TAB key multiplayer > Voice > Voice volume setting pull to the right.

Open the game. Return to the desktop.at the time sound level in the audio mixer from the speaker icon, right click on TruckersMP.

• Upvote 2

Have you gone to the sound tab in the tab key menu and made sure you are using the correct speaker device?

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Firstly, is your CB turned on? You should see a green number (e.g. 14).

Secondly, the number will correspond to a CB channel. If no one is talking on the channel then most likely you need to change channels.

Have you tried with a friend? Make sure you are both on the same server and channel and then it should work.

Let me know how you get on :)

signature.png

Things i Checked:

1. Is my Headset muted? No

2. In my settings of TruckersMP is everything is set to my headset? yes

3. My Headset only goes in one usb port, so thats no problem.

Whats really weird is:

On discord with my mates i can hear my mates with the same headset settings

And with the X key people can hear me aswell.

Press and hold '' x '' to speak to the new update instead of '' v ''Press and hold '' x '' to speak to the new update instead of '' v '' 

Not only that but some things have changed and you can see here