Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this posting that I have created. My name is william and I am from the United States of America. I like to play Euro Truck Simulator 2 because of several reasons. First off there is a large variety of trucks to choose from when you start the game. Over time once you get all the dealers unlocked you can purchase various ones to have something to switch to while playing the game. Second I would like to speak about the map. Yes when you first purchase the game you have the standard map which is quite large itself. ( much better then American Truck Simulator ) but anyways. If you happen to purchase any map DLC please get the Vi Va La France one first. I currently have all the map DLC's and I have to say driving is so much better and easier and actually more beautiful. Some of the areas that you can go are just outstanding in so many ways. The view is sometimes overtaking to where you just want to pull over and take some pictures. Third I like this game because of the large amount of players on here. Yes with a large amount comes with higher risks and the often getting cursed out or yelled at or honked at. However in general the game is fun and enjoyable to play. I noticed today while I was hauling a helicopter that as I approached an intersection there was a large convoy coming from the other side. Now I thought as it has happened often before that once my light turns green they are not going to stop and will run the light. Well I was wrong. Once my light turned green they came to a stop and allowed me to proceed as normal. It is a sight that you do not see very often in the game and it was nice to see the respect that was shown today at that intersection. As an American I have to get use to some of the roads over there and I also have to try and obey the rules as much as I can. Now with that being said what I am talking about it while stopped at a RED LIGHT can you still turn right even though it is red. Here in the United States of America we are able to turn right on most red lights but there are a few that will not allow it because of the obstructed view. 

20161024_110722.jpg

Red lights in Europe mean STOP always. In some places, you'll see double lights, so there's the main one for traffic going straight and a secondary one for traffic turning in the junction, so you can have the main light in red and the turning light in green, but I think there are none of those in the game (there are some in ATS, though, I remember seeing them). Anyway, most people in ETS2MP don't respect traffic lights, they treat them as "Yield" signs, if nobody is coming the other way, they go through. You can get a fine, but you can disable fines in the game's settings or have an edited profile with billions, so... Myself, I try to stop always if I see a red light. It has caused me a lot of honkings and flashings, but I don't care. Enjoy your stay in ETS2MP and I'd advise to avoid the Calais-Duisburg road if you try to drive legit, too many speedsters, reckless overtakers, trolls... It's almost impossible to go through that road at peak hours without suffering severe damages to your truck and/or cargo.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived