Message Display for Police Vehicle only

I'm neutral about it. I think that could give realistic thing to the game and I completely understand that some people see the chatbox without reading and so that could give a realistic roleplay for some huge events but if we let this as accepted, I imagine all feedback tickets that Upper could deal as object "Add message display on Pilot car" and then due to huge amounts of tickets, they will do it and so, so many people can abuse of it. That's happened to some suggestions or features like cars for instance or also double trailer.

And I think that Devs have others things to do more important than code something that can easily be an over abused feature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Idea, but this will make people join the team with the intention of becoming administrator even more. Usually, TruckersMP staff would block off the road and people will understand to go the alternate route, such as during a convoy. Also, not all players understand English, so this is another thing to consider. Although, you could put arrows in the middle, it will still be hard to see from a distance. 

banner

There is little point adding this to the regular Skoda police cars used by TruckersMP Game Moderators and above. Not only is it an entirely valid point about players wanting it for pilot cars, but Game Moderators effectively never need to close roads on the normal servers. 

During Real Operations, where there are members of staff blocking roads / parked at incidents where this may be useful, it is more likely that staff would have different vehicles to the normal police car anyway, the Skoda is surprisingly used very little during Real Ops! A sign on a Real Ops vehicle might be nice, but on the regular police car, not sure it's neede.d

I do not find this suggestion as necessary. Staff with access to the police car should not be blocking or closing roads under any circumstances.

The police cars are not needed to do our job, it is more of an added bonus for the hard working staff that have access to use the car.

I also agree that this would not be a good way to get messages across to players (use Real Ops as an example). I feel that typing in chat is more effective as it can be seen by anyone in the area and with the names being red in chat, they are hard to miss. A warning sign on the light bar would mean that a player would have to be fairly close to the police car, which means that it can be easily missed by said players.

• True Story 1

because when an admin writes a message it is red in color,If road closed or any message is display, i think in chat box or player tag is better..:)

1723058041_FORZACEO.png.1034e3f8a34530e8aa9478eff30dc0f0.png

TRUCKERSMP - CHINESE PLAYER

FORZA CEO l TH3 B3ST

Languages:Chinese | English

中文板块 | 游戏规则 | 中文帮助招聘 |

Chinese Discussion | Rules | HelpRecruitment |

需要某些帮助,还是找不到解决方案?在这里联系支持团队提交支持单  !

• 3 weeks later...

Nice idea but I feel like chat would be better than a message being displayed on the Police cars siren. My reason for saying this is you won't know what message is displayed on the siren until you are fairly close to the vehicle that is displaying the message. And if you are driving 60mph and all of a sudden see a Police car with a message displaying "stop", the chances of you causing a crash is very likely. Plus, chat is more efficient because it sends the message to anyone who is in the vicinity of the area; and as mentioned above; if this was to be added then people would also suggest using this technology on Pilot cars. As I said, it's a nice idea but I don't see this being very useful. -1

• 2 weeks later...

For me this is useless to admins as well as event staff their chat is colored in red for admins and blue for the event team which is quite different from the normal chat of users as I see that it is written in a color different from its usual attention for me there are more important and valuable things that tmp needs to take the time and resources to make the game even better -1

Поздрави : Wub:

Нощно желание

On 29/3/2017 at 23:01, LSPD Gamer said:

Nombre de sugerencia: pantalla de mensaje para el vehículo policial

Descripción de la sugerencia:

Permite al administrador mostrar un mensaje como: Carretera cerrada en la parte trasera o entre las "luces de la policía"

el mensaje puede parpadear como: encendido, apagado, encendido, apagado lo que quiere el administrador

Presiona un botón y luego puede escribir el mensaje y elegir el modo que desee:

"mostrar solo o parpadear" y se mostrará en la parte trasera o entre las luces de la policía

Puede agregar la pantalla en el "Taller" o agregar una nueva "barra de luces" para este modo.

Cuando un jugador intenta ponerlo en el auto, será expulsado porque tal vez escriba algunas palabras o frases estúpidas                         

Cualquier ejemplo de imágenes:  0C184741-6339-4564-BF38-DF1926346089-24356-00001B7E1CD8D154.jpeg.200d7bfa4465ad173fb88b6bbaf83204.jpeg

(Vida real)

¿Por qué debería agregarse?

Algunos jugadores tienen el chat apagado y no saben qué sucede y los administradores no tienen que escribirlo 100            

veces en el chat encienden la pantalla y advierten a los jugadores o detienen al azar a un jugador

I approve your project, although more than there is in the Vehicle that appears mandatory in the chat, regardless of whether it is with F9 or not, or in the center of the screen.

Even so it is very good as an idea, hopefully it goes ahead!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This seems like a cool idea don't get me wrong, but I see a few flaws that could arise from a system like this:

• You would have to be in a close viscountcy of the police car to read the text that it is displaying.
  • There would be very few characters that they could fit on that small board. If it was set to scroll the text you would not have a lot of time to read what it says if you are driving 40mph+.

In closing, I feel it would be a cool feature if it was added, but it would take a decent amount of time to develop for only a select few people (Game Moderation Team) that would be able to use this feature.

• 2 weeks later...

I see this as unnecessary, this would add more lag to the game and make populated areas even worse. As a counter-solution, how about an additional chat mode that only shows important alerts from admins. It could be a chat mode that nobody except for admins could enter stuff into. I think this could be useful for the people that have their chat turned off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this would be a good thing for when admins are doing convoys & the special ops having a stop or a left or right arrow light letting players know what way to go but for use just on the likes of server 1 & that no it would not get used only for show