Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Calais-Duisburg Update

Zulu09

So we all know the infamous road, don't we?

The situation has slowed down for now, and there are but a couple of instances in which I encountered any overtakers but no accidents.

A truck tipped over and was blocking an important junction North of Brussels which caused an enormous queue of about I'd say 80/100 players, but it moved quite quickly.

Admins were very active and proceeded to kick or ban all offenders at the speed of light: props to El Barto for having the pelotas to handle 3400 players!

Overall much better now and the road is drivable currently, although I'd still recommend another route!

Might edit this with more updates but for today this is how it is.

spacer.png

- Makes thread to give news about how slow the traffic on Death Road is.

- Stops in the middle of the road to take a picture.

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Don't do that again. Seriously.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

As Mike above said not a good idea to stop in the middle of the road to take a picture. pull to the side and take your picture as quickly as possible and start driving again. Also try to avoid just going back and forth on C-D as u would essentially be causing useless traffic. Also this should be in an off-topic discussion 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Hello @FrankieMitts,

you requested helpful and constructive criticism:

2 hours ago, FrankieMitts said:

[...]actual feedback on how I write my posts[...]

thus I am going to provide some feedback.

First, you should not just jump into the action and immediately start off your topic with a rhetorical question. It is more suitable if you started your introduction with some facts about the previous condition and what it is like to drive there. After this, you can write down the rhetorical question to grab the reader's attention and make him want to read this article.

Then, when you approach your main body, you should have a clearly structured text with sensible paragraphs in it. This does not only make the text easier to read but, in fact, also more structured in terms of your line of arguments, statistics and facts provided.

Language-wise you should try to refrain from using contractions because they are usually seen as an informal or even colloquial language (this excludes the genitive, of course). Then, you should try to avoid a subjectivity in your analysis, i.e. do not "guess" or "think" but provide statistics or proven facts. Additionally, to make a very formal and informative impression, do not use personal pronouns like (I, you, we) but instead, make use of "one" (i.e. one can see) - alternatively, use passive.

In order to create causal connections, you should rather be using connectives to arouse the reader's interest.

Finally, in terms of properly using this forum, you should rather tag people than just writing their name, i.e. write "@" and then the name in order to tag the admin, @El Barto. As a result of that, he will be notified and sees what you have written about him.

Concluding this, I do not want to destroy your whole work and effort but I wanted to give you some constructive hints and advice how you can improve your way of reporting about something. If however, you think I am personally arguing against you, it is your fault and you will be seeing it as a personal attack, which, as a matter of fact, I did not intend to do.

Kind regards ;)

It doesn't matter if there was someone behind you or not. That road is the busiest road in the game. 5 seconds without moving is enough for some lunatic "flying" at 120 KM/h (that road is full of those, you should know it way too well) to come up behind you and you not even see them approaching. The outcome? One of the following three:

1- He/she will rear-end you so hard that your truck will either sink into the ground or be sent flying away. In the process, the person will be very likely to also hit other trucks;

2- Assuming they manage to miss you, they will certainly lose control as they have to drive off road or into the opposite lane. Driving off road would cause them to lose control and possibly come back into the road and hit someone. Driving into the opposite lane will almost certainly result in a head-on collision with other traffic.

3- All of the above.

5 seconds is enough time to be considered road blocking and you should know that is against the rules. Unless your truck malfunctions (in which case you are supposed to F7 away or load a save), you do not stop in the middle of the road. Any road. Besides, why stop there!? As @Truckerpilot said, pull over to the side. Look at your screenshot! There is SO much space on the side for you to stop briefly to take pictures without compromising the traffic in any way! I hate to be taken as being rude but there is no way to put this more lightly: You think you are in the right, but you are in the wrong. And I clearly am not the only one who thinks so. If you don't want to be negatively criticized, then don't show your mistakes publicly. Don't take this as a "You are wrong, now shut up!" kind of situation, alright? You made a mistake, supposedly didn't actually cause any troubles but you could very easily have. We are essentially just giving you a warning about what not to do again. This time it is us, but next time, it could be an admin in-game that will kick or ban you for doing that.

Word of advice? Always follow the rules and never stop in the middle of any road.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

In real life it would actually probably be ok and rather safe to stop at a straight road with good visibility if there is no one behind you, but you should always keep in mind that ETS 2 MP is actually not quite the real world. Especially in higher populated areas the visibility range of trucks is dramatically decreased, meaning sometimes you see incoming trucks very late. Combine that with the average speed of the trucks going on the suicide road (i don't have any real numbers for that one, but it won't be the speed limit...) and you can actually make out on your own why stopping in the middle of the road isn't really a good call. That specific time nothing happened, but just because it worked once it doesn't necessarily mean that it works the next time as well. Please don't be offended by our posts, we just want to prevent you from causing a crash and maybe even getting a ban if something goes wrong next time. I totally understand that you didn't intend to do anyone some harm, but next time, please just pull to the side of the road before coming to a complete stop if your lane isn't blocked... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

I'll reply to @Mike Dragon first:

I was the last of the queue, I know I was in the middle of the road but the thing I'm a little angry about is that nobody but Anriador actually said anything about the post itself. I get it, I was in the middle of the lane because I wanted to take a shot as quickly as possible and TMP doesn't allow screenshots while driving (why is that so anyway?) but one comment would've been enough, instead I got three comments talking about the same thing.

Now  @Anriandor :

Thank you SO much! I didn't really care too much about the post and didn't think about it formally but I'll keep your tips in mind.

Indeed, I'm copying your comment and making a little map out of it so I can have some key points. Thank you again!

spacer.png

1 minute ago, FrankieMitts said:

but one comment would've been enough, instead I got three comments talking about the same thing.

Sorry for going even more off-topic now, but if you are annoyed about people stating their opinions, you might just rethink if a forum is the perfect place for you to be... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

1 minute ago, [ST-B] T.Rucker said:

Sorry for going even more off-topic now, but if you are annoyed about people stating their opinions, you might just rethink if a forum is the perfect place for you to be... ;)

Well I mean I'm not annoyed, just jeez I get it, ok, I shouldn't have stopped, stop forcing that meme now :lol:

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, FrankieMitts said:

[...]why is that so anyway?[...]

Thank you, Frankie, for properly understanding what I intended :)

However, screenshots while driving are not allowed and thus impossible because there is a little time (even if it is only one second) where your truck stops to take the screenshot and save the file. As a result of that, your truck will suddenly stop without any recognisable reason for others, whatsoever.

The same thing happens when you press a button for quick save. This is not only dangerous but also prohibited as it causes desync issues purposely.

Regards ;)

@FrankieMitts

I understand your position and I don't blame you for being upset at the outcome of your thread. But as @[ST-B] T.Rucker just pointed out, we are essentially just trying to help you not get yourself into trouble, next time. I can see in your profile that you are new to MP so let me tell you something: It is kind of a habit most of us have around here, to point out the mistakes some people do so they won't make them again. We don't do this to annoy them. We simply want them to avoid being banned. And that is why we point out their mistakes.

As for why you can't take screenshots while moving, that's because the game freezes momentarily when you take a picture. On MP, that actually freezes your truck in place. It could cause some serious trouble so to avoid it, the devs disabled the ability to take screenshots on the move a really long time ago. You can use some screen recording programs to take screenshots while moving without affecting the game. Most of them usually come with that function.

GP53e75.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived