Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Significant FPS drop in MP

misterykid

Question

Hi there,

With the latest update I experience a significant FPS drop.
Mod Version: 0.2.1.6
Game version 1.6
American Truck Simulator

Previous version:

Highway, middle of nowhere, outside cab view, no other players in range: 30-40 FPS. with other players, 25-35 FPS

City, outside cab view, no other players in range, 20-30 fps. with other players: 15-20 FPS

I understand that MP has some FPS drop compared to single player. But with the current version:
Highway, middle of nowhere, outside cab view, no other players in range: 20-30 FPS for a few minutes then drops to 5-8 fps. With other players: Unknown.

City, outside cab view, no other players in range: 15-20 FPS. after a few minutes 0-3 fps.

I have checked all the necessary software and made sure everything is up to date. Drivers same story, No difference.
I've even attempted a defrag after the update, even tho single player without traffic doesn't show same symptoms, no dice.

Also attempted a clean, fresh profile. Same problem.
Fired all hired drivers. Problem persists.

I'm out of options, anyone any idea's? Or should this go in the BUG section? 

UPDATE #1:

As said previously to @BaldemarDeutsch I have looked at the multiplayer settings and nothing has changed.
I did manage to isolate the FPS to a very specific area in the game, which indicates something is off around there but I do not know what. It surprises me that the problem doesn't present itself in single player but only multiplayer.

The area in question, from Phoenix to LA, on the I10 between exit Ehrenberg and the Gas Station, 2 exits east. Thats where I experience these very significant fps drops.

Scratch that, it happens at intervals.

Again, Hardware didn't change, previous version did NOT give me these problems and neither game nor mp client settings have changed between versions, only difference is that under the new version I have fired all hired drivers in an attempt to solve this myself. Sadly to no success.

Addendum:
#1 by @bryangullickson 

#2 by @Greywolf-ky

#3 by @Kaan45

Edited by misterykid
Additional information. Multiple references to the same problem.
  • Upvote 1

9 answers to this question

lvk2Zk.png

Dear member please check this setting about Fps

"ETS2MP - Advanced Settings and Explanations"

Settings Opening Your Menu

• Press TAB when connected to the server.
  • Once you click on the right mouse button, the mouse will be activated.
  • Then click the Settings () button at the bottom.
  • To save the settings after you have made the desired settings, first press Apply then OK to close the settings window and click the right button of the mouse again.

pXzEVL.png

• Development logging :You can close and open log records from this section. (My Documents / ETS2MP / logs).
  • Low detailed models: Use less detailed models - faster to load but less quality.
  • Drivers animation: You can turn off and turn on the driver steering animations from this section.
  • Smoothing distance: Adjust the distance of objects that appear to be highly detailed in your area. (150m-500m).
  • Season efects: You can turn off snow from this area and turn it on.
  • Steam notifications position:You can specify the location of the Steam notification window.
  • Player tag : In the vote is the text that appears next to your name. You can adjust the balance.
  •  
  • Load cabin accessories: You can turn off other players' cabin accessories here. (You need to restart the game)
  • Load flags: You can turn off the flags of other players in the glass here. (You need to restart the game)
  • Scale NameTags: Scales player names by distance.
  • Player on the world map: You can close the icons of other players on the world map, you can change your colors. You can also assign different colors to your steam friends.
  • Speed limiter [90km / h]: You can turn the speed limit off and on from this section.
  • Default CB radio channel: You can change the default CB radio channel here.

BvP8kM.png

Speaker device: You can change the audio device to be used in the rating here.
Sound efects: You can turn off and turn on sound effects from this section.
Master volume: You can adjust the main volume from this section.
Sound effects volume: You can adjust the level of sound effects from this section.
Music volume: You can adjust the music volume from this section.
Voice volume: You can adjust the radio volume from this section.
Engine sounds: You can turn engine sounds off and on from this section.
Horn sounds: You can turn off the horn sounds from this section and turn them on.
Gearbox sounds: You can switch gears off and on from this section.
Reversing sounds: You can turn off the reverse sound from this section and turn it on.
Lift axle sounds: You can turn off the axle system sounds from this section and open them.
Microphone device: You can change the microphone device to be used in the rating here.
Microphone volume: You can change the microphone volume here.

d3kvWZ.jpg

Draw drivers: You can turn off the other users' drivers from this section and open them.
Additional lights: You can turn off additional lights from this section and turn them on.
Draw distance: You can set your distances from this area with other users. (150m-500m)
Force low details: Forcing all tow and dorsels to load with low detail.
Avatars: You can open and close the steam avatars next to the user names.
Dynamic shadows: You can close and open realistic dynamic shadows from this section.
Fake shadows: You can close and open static shadows under the car from this section.
Headlights: You can turn off additional headlights of other users from this section.
Windows opacity: You can change the transparency of the player list, multiplayer game settings screens.
Show speaking player: Shows who is speaking on the radio.

65Z7Vl.jpg

Winter Mode: If you installed Winter Mode, you can turn it off and on in this section.

Note: You can return to the default settings from the Set defaults button. Settings My Documents / Enroll in ETS2MP / config.txt file.

Thanks 

BaldemarDeutsch..

Edited by BaldemarDeutsch
  • Upvote 3

Created by @BurakAKSAKAL Thanks 

Specs havent changed since the previous version, please explain why specs matter in this particular case?

I'm just asking because I fail to see why the specs matter since ive pyt down as much details as i could pertaining to the issue and that the specs themselves havent changed and there is a clear difference between single player and multiplayer. In can accept 20% fps drop, i cannot accept 80-90% fps drop

Edited by misterykid

On 3/31/2017 at 8:48 AM, MrHarv98 said:

^PC Specs dont matter, It's a client side issue. I have the same issue in ATS. Hopefully mwl will fix it soon :) 

Thank you for confirming this. It means that me and atleast three other people, possibly more are not imagining this.

On 3/31/2017 at 3:12 PM, GB:Rescuer said:

Yes, When you play in MP, the FPS is less than when you play in SP, because your computer needs to upload and download the data form online.

Obvious that is a fact that I already determined. Another fact is that me and multiple other players are experiencing a worse FPS drop then in the previous version. Which means that there is something wrong in the client's code. Not the game, not the specs, not the connection, merely the client's. This issue has been reported to support, sadly no response yet but I am confident they'll find a solution.

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my posting. Now you are talking about losing FPS while in multiplayer on American Truck Simulator. As some other people have suggested you could turn down your draw distance but in all honesty the real issue is with the game makers and the server. Yes the game ran pretty good for the most part before the update and now since it came out the game lags so bad it is horrible. I do not even try and play it anymore. I just play ETS2. So there is not really anything you can do right now except just deal with it until they fix it or possibly play single player.

1 hour ago, BaldemarDeutsch said:

lvk2Zk.png

Dear member please check this setting about Fps

"ETS2MP - Advanced Settings and Explanations"

Settings Opening Your Menu

• Press TAB when connected to the server.
  • Once you click on the right mouse button, the mouse will be activated.
  • Then click the Settings () button at the bottom.
  • To save the settings after you have made the desired settings, first press Apply then OK to close the settings window and click the right button of the mouse again.

pXzEVL.png

• Development logging :You can close and open log records from this section. (My Documents / ETS2MP / logs).
  • Low detailed models: Use less detailed models - faster to load but less quality.
  • Drivers animation: You can turn off and turn on the driver steering animations from this section.
  • Smoothing distance: Adjust the distance of objects that appear to be highly detailed in your area. (150m-500m).
  • Season efects: You can turn off snow from this area and turn it on.
  • Steam notifications position:You can specify the location of the Steam notification window.
  • Player tag : In the vote is the text that appears next to your name. You can adjust the balance.
  •  
  • Load cabin accessories: You can turn off other players' cabin accessories here. (You need to restart the game)
  • Load flags: You can turn off the flags of other players in the glass here. (You need to restart the game)
  • Scale NameTags: Scales player names by distance.
  • Player on the world map: You can close the icons of other players on the world map, you can change your colors. You can also assign different colors to your steam friends.
  • Speed limiter [90km / h]: You can turn the speed limit off and on from this section.
  • Default CB radio channel: You can change the default CB radio channel here.

BvP8kM.png

Speaker device: You can change the audio device to be used in the rating here.
Sound efects: You can turn off and turn on sound effects from this section.
Master volume: You can adjust the main volume from this section.
Sound effects volume: You can adjust the level of sound effects from this section.
Music volume: You can adjust the music volume from this section.
Voice volume: You can adjust the radio volume from this section.
Engine sounds: You can turn engine sounds off and on from this section.
Horn sounds: You can turn off the horn sounds from this section and turn them on.
Gearbox sounds: You can switch gears off and on from this section.
Reversing sounds: You can turn off the reverse sound from this section and turn it on.
Lift axle sounds: You can turn off the axle system sounds from this section and open them.
Microphone device: You can change the microphone device to be used in the rating here.
Microphone volume: You can change the microphone volume here.

d3kvWZ.jpg

Draw drivers: You can turn off the other users' drivers from this section and open them.
Additional lights: You can turn off additional lights from this section and turn them on.
Draw distance: You can set your distances from this area with other users. (150m-500m)
Force low details: Forcing all tow and dorsels to load with low detail.
Avatars: You can open and close the steam avatars next to the user names.
Dynamic shadows: You can close and open realistic dynamic shadows from this section.
Fake shadows: You can close and open static shadows under the car from this section.
Headlights: You can turn off additional headlights of other users from this section.
Windows opacity: You can change the transparency of the player list, multiplayer game settings screens.
Show speaking player: Shows who is speaking on the radio.

65Z7Vl.jpg

Winter Mode: If you installed Winter Mode, you can turn it off and on in this section.

Note: You can return to the default settings from the Set defaults button. Settings My Documents / Enroll in ETS2MP / config.txt file.

Thanks 

BaldemarDeutsch..

I'll take a look at these steps once I get home, although i dont think the settings have been reset but I will take a look none the less. However, I don't understand how those settings matter if there are NO other players in range...