Game freezes when launching

Miles!

Question

When I launch the game (both SP & MP) the intro works, it goes to profile select, then it just freezes...

No mods, I've verified game cache, I don't want to reinstall just yet but I'll do it if I have too..

Every other game works fine, so I doubt it's my system, pretty sure it's to do with the game..

Anyone got any solutions? Here's a vid.. 

Okay for some reason, if it freezes all I have to do is minimize, then open again.. which sucks, but even then, when it works it's only like, 5fps.. It's unplayable.

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

8 answers to this question

Why don't you try opening the game with only one monitor connected? 

Also, run ETS 2 on steam for Direct X 64bit 

L3iA4wV.png

Give a try and delete the files from ...steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\ then do a file verification and try to launch the game again.

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Hey Miles,

I think you really got to reinstall the game. Maybe it's just a problem with some of the files, something which Steam didn't catch with verifying the game cache. 

I don't really know any other solution at the moment, so first try to reinstall and if it still doesn't work, maybe ask again and we'll come up with something else.

Hope this helped!

Kind Regards,

CrazyPillow

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Dear member 

Try doing one of these options that

Method 1-

I would have you navigate to the default location of the game and try to run the .exe file from there. Check if it works.

Method 2-

I would recommend you to perform a Clean Boot.

Placing the computer in a Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to perform the steps from the article-

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: You need to follow Step 3 from the article to get the computer back to Normal Startup after performing all the troubleshooting steps.

Now, try to play the game.

Thanks 

BaldemarDeutsch

Edited by BaldemarDeutsch
  • Upvote 3

Created by @BurakAKSAKAL Thanks 

Was that happening before? Or did you just get the game? It was also hard to see if there was anything that could be CPU intensive, as ETS2 is known to use a lot of CPU power.

Please post System Specs. You can use this website to detect your hardware (System Requirements Lab).

Optionally, you can send the full content of the game.log (in Documents -> Euro Truck Simulator 2) on Pastebin. It might be worth taking a look.

Check game files integrity (in Steam library -> Right click ETS2 -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game files).

Also check your power options from the control panel. In advanced power options, locate the options for your processor/CPU. The minimum (or core parking min cores) and maximum performances should be at 100%.

Please report back with any valuable information.

KkdaC1b.png