Today at about approx 10:20pm EST i was in a convoy with a player named ERK3L. Today we were heading to ELKO all in one big group. Well ahead of me was a player named DieselRyan who was lagging some so I got on the CB and requested approval to pass him which he accepted. As we made the pass cleanly I was coming up on another playert HUEY who was also lagging so I requested to pass him. as I started to make the pass he swerved into me causing me to destroy my truck and trailer. 100% to both. So I hit F7 and ended up at the repair shop in ELKO. after my repairs I was trying to explain what had happen to me and HUEY and well ERK3L after awhile said ok we get it and all is good. So i was speaking to DieselRyan who was talking to me and ERK3L wanted to get all pissed off and started calling me names and all that. At one point he called me " fucker " so what did i do. I reported him to an ADMIN who turned out to be SYSGEN. He got onto ERK3L and I guess told him to not curss people out or insult people. I would like to personally thank ADMIN SYSGEN for responding quickly to my request and thank him for his quick and swift actions. I did what the rules said to do and you acted accordingly. Thank you and to those who are new to the game and all. Please if you feel that something has happen which is against the rules set forth by American Truck SImulator please do what I did and report the player. The ADMIN who is closest will respond accordingly and take the proper actions. This is a game but at the same time we are all humans and deserve respect. If you see a player violating the rules set forth by American Truck SImulator or Euro Truck Simulator 2 do not hesitate to report that player. That is what it is for and today it worked in my favor. 
THANK YOU ADMIN SYSGEN

Hey there @williamstalker27028,

nice to see someone who actually shares the good experiences from multiplayer with the community.

12 hours ago, williamstalker27028 said:

I requested to pass him

Did you always request to pass if you want to overtake or did you do it because of a double solid line or because you had been driving in a convoy? I am just curious. Usually, you do not need to ask for permission unless you're on a country road like C-D. And even then it is not recommended to overtake at all, you should just do it if somebody is lagging extremely and it is necessary to pass.

12 hours ago, williamstalker27028 said:

do not hesitate to report that player

I actually stopped reported players in-game because I, first of all, do not get any notification whether proper actions against the violator have been initiated and because I think it makes things just more difficult for iGA because there are already plenty of reports.

However, I am reporting them later on the website to make sure that they will get punished or to see whether it is actually a bannable offence.

12 hours ago, Sysgen said:

I would have banned him

I assume a /hist wasn't possible because he insulted him verbally, right?

I want to conclude this by telling you that I actually expected something entirely different as I first read the title of this thread. But as always, don't judge the inside of something before having seen it ^^

Kind regards ;)

23 hours ago, Sysgen said:

I did miss the part where he insulted you, I arrived after that because I would have banned him for it.

Thanks for the post :) We do not get many of those, it's very much appreciated.

Happy Trucking 

Hey SYSGEN yea that is why i reported him. Because we were talking on the CB and he called me that name. 

On 3/27/2017 at 1:38 AM, [Kina] TACHOGRAPH said:

Oh, nice, surprised to find that there are many problems in ATSMP, although the number of players is not a lot

It's because there isn't too much admins around. There's some, but majority of the time they are all on ETS 2. It's a reason why recording is important, there might be no admins around but they'll get banned anyway if they break the rules. 

Need to show these players you never know who is recording.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived