euro truck update with steam

ecml123

Hi

I was wondering if someone would help me with the update for mp ets2. I have changed the beta to 1.26 but when I try to update it on steam it does not work please see image. Ive tried to load mp and it keeps comimg up the message of downgrading with ive done. single player runs fine, its just mp not working

many thanks Barry

2017-03-24.png

Are you using on a administrator account? 

Please try running Steam as an administrator and seeing if the update begins downloading. 

I have done but it does not update, I,ve have run in admistrator mode it doesn't make any different. I can play in single player but not in multi player. please see image above 1st post. I have chosen beta temp 1-26 x 1.26 imcompatiomal mods but it does not update. many thanks

If you look at the top of the forum you can see this everywhere. You can't play MP with 1.27 version you can either wait or downgrade.

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/announcement/5-its-time-to-downgrade/

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

yes but can not update still, I have downgraded, please see previous post, ets2 will play single player but not multi player It will not update. many thanks for your help, other people are playing et2 with multi player but at the moment I can not.

25 minutes ago, ecml123 said:

yes but can not update still, I have downgraded, please see previous post, ets2 will play single player but not multi player It will not update. many thanks for your help, other people are playing et2 with multi player but at the moment I can not.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and delete the folder, (your save game files are saved in a folder called 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' in 'My Documents'), once you have deleted the folder you can go ahead and go into steam and re-download / install (you may need to press delete local cache in the steam client as it won't recognize that you deleted the folder.

[Redownload and install ETS 2] Once it has finished downloading and installing you can then go into the properties of ETS 2 and goto BETA and choose the game version that you would like to downgrade to (this may be in-valid i think i mis-read your post), as an extra measure to stop your game from auto updating, you can goto UPDATES' (in the same dialog box, properties) and under 'automatic updates' choose something worded like 'Only update when I launch the game. - (This can be used in future to stop your game auto updating and not allowing you to play ETS 2 MP without having to wait for the developers to release a patch to support the new official game version.

Please download the latest ETS 2 MP mod client here: https://truckersmp.com/download

2 hours ago, ecml123 said:

Hi

I was wondering if someone would help me with the update for mp ets2. I have changed the beta to 1.26 but when I try to update it on steam it does not work please see image. Ive tried to load mp and it keeps comimg up the message of downgrading with ive done. single player runs fine, its just mp not working

many thanks Barry

2017-03-24.png

I had the same problem, what i did was to re-install Steam, deleting only steam files, not the Documents because in that place you have the profiles of ETS2.

Then download Steam.exe again from the webpage and install everythink again. If it doesn't work, it could be a windows problem.

23 minutes ago, Sentinel_ said:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and delete the folder, (your save game files are saved in a folder called 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' in 'My Documents'), once you have deleted the folder you can go ahead and go into steam and re-download / install (you may need to press delete local cache in the steam client as it won't recognize that you deleted the folder.

[Redownload and install ETS 2] Once it has finished downloading and installing you can then go into the properties of ETS 2 and goto BETA and choose the game version that you would like to downgrade to (this may be in-valid i think i mis-read your post), as an extra measure to stop your game from auto updating, you can goto UPDATES' (in the same dialog box, properties) and under 'automatic updates' choose something worded like 'Only update when I launch the game. - (This can be used in future to stop your game auto updating and not allowing you to play ETS 2 MP without having to wait for the developers to release a patch to support the new official game version.

Please download the latest ETS 2 MP mod client here: https://truckersmp.com/download

He's not talking about the MP, He is getting problems with the ETS2 single.

Your computer has 1 user with administrator privileges or it's a guest? Maybe windows have done recently an update try to restart your pc run steam as admin make sure your account is admin as well if it is a secondary account and tell us back if it changed anything.

Make sure you have access to the folder

f7d809f41c2041d5953de640590040f3.png

•Intel® Core™ i7-6850K •Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming •Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB •Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 •Samsung 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB •Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 
•Corsair HX1000i High-Performance ATX Power Supply •NZXT Kraken X72 •Coolermaster MasterCase H500M

Hey guys,

When you get the "Missing File Privileges" message on Steam and can't install new update or play ETS2, just reboot your PC/notebook and voilá! A good advice to avoid headaches. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived