GPS Auto Route around busy roads

over_yonder77

Suggestion Name: GPS Safety Route System

Suggestion Description: GPs will auto calculate routes around busy roads (Calais - Duisburg for example at this point), and only sent you trought one if cannot be avoided, this could go with Freight routes also, sending people to more empty cities, and help spread the population.

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: I think a lot of people dont readjust routes, so having the GPS doing it for them maybe will ease traffic in problematic areas at that time since the GPS always calculate the shortest route possible, and would help the players visualize the busy roads when planning, i dont know if this is possible from TruckersMP Team or can only be done by SCS.

I'm afraid that his is something that you should suggest to SCS, as TruckersMP developers can't change that. And SCS will probably not take it into consideration, as for them, all roads are busy with computer controlled drivers. The way the navigator works now is a lot similar to real ones, it chooses the shortest route to the destination, but it would be cool if it had options, like real ones, to avoid toll roads, search for fastest route instead of shortest one (so it would calculate the route to go through highways instead of country roads with lower speed limits), but again, this is something for SCS to implement.

The issue is, is that to do this, it would require modification of base game files, which the mp team cannot do, SCS is the only ones who can and seeing as traffic issues on the scale that we see in multiplayer never really happens in vanilla ETS2/ATS, it's not something worth priority, it may come in an update in a year or two, it may not, but seeing as mp is not affiliated with SCS and is not an SCS product, its highly unlikely they will add something in for the sake of multiplayer. 

But in in terms of the idea, it's a good one, would definitely stop the excuse people have when asked why the travel the C-D road, they just say "oh my gps/delivery takes me this way" at least with this, people will have a plotted alternate (not that us veterans/professionals don't have alternates anyway).

• 1 year later...

Since the route advisor is an SCS feature, it cannot be changed just as easily as you think it would work. Also, if you are a real trucker, you check the route before you start your journey ;)

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.