passing another player

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this posting. I am making this because of what I have had to deal with lately on American Truck SImulator Multiplayer. When you are driving in a truck or a pilot car before you are attempting a pass on a two lane road please beware of the traffic around you. If you are currently in an attempt to pass another vehicle and you see another vehicle coming please either move back behind the vehicle that you are trying to pass or move off the roadway to allow the incoming vehicle to continue on. I had an accident earlier today because a driver was trying to pass another truck and well i was in my car. The end result was not good for all three of us. use common sense when on the roadway on this game. Yes it is a game but at the same time there are rules that needed to be followed and obeyed by

You have to consider that there are 10 years old kids driving in this game that know nothing about road rules and think it's perfectly fine to drive like in GTA and then there are drivers like you and me that are aware of their surroundings and know the rules of the road.

Only advice I can give you and that has served me well, drive very defensively, always assume that the next vehicle approaching could possibly make a dumb move and always have an exit path, and slow down approaching other vehicles,  it gives plenty of time to react. 

Yea man he was coming down the road man and was passing this other truck and i was in my car and he just did not give me any room. Traveling at 80 through the desert i had my cruise control on and i even annouced on the CB to move over. I attempted to run off the road to avoid him and he still ran into me and then he tried to add me as a friend which i declined. I have gave this a lot of thought and have decided that I am going to try and become an admin on american truck simulator. You know man me. I obey the rules and well you hear me alot telling people to turn their lights on and all that. People get mad at me and say " let and admin tell me that" and i reply " I do not want to see you kicked " and they tell me to $%^& off. so yea man i thought i would try and become an admin on there because i drive around alot in my car. I wish i could have the police scheme because people would be on there pees and ques when they saw me because they know i do not play any games. think you can put in a suggestion for me man

Like my friend SYSGEN said earlier there are people on this game who do not care about others and play this game as if they are playing Grand Theft Auto. When I am going down the road and getting ready to pass another player I make sure that I have enough space to do so safely and respectfully and then announce on the CB that I am approaching from the left lane. 

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read and then reply to my recent posting about passing another player on American Truck Simulator. My main objective of this posting was to let the new players just how serious this game can be and just how much damage a person can actually do when not obeying the rules and having no regards for players around them. I do not know how many times I have been traveling down the road and had to take defensive action to avoid crashing into another player or something off the road. This might be a " simulation game  however it should be played as a real life game. We have brake pressure issues, basic maintance and with damaged cargo comes less payout. so thank you for your comment and hopefully people will understand what I am trying to say to people who are new to the game as well as to those who just act like a fool

The players causing trouble like this should read truckersmp.com/rules of which it seems apparent many do not and you should report those who break the rules. 

It's good that you are warning people about the reckless drivers here. 

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reply to my posting. Yes I have really been fed up with the people on this game who just clearly do not care about others who are on the road and drive recklessly and unprofesionally. I have had to lose my trailer on multiple occassions because they just caused too much damage to my cargo. I have also been thinking about becoming an admin. It is time that we have some AMERICAN ADMINS so when a player gets kicked they cant complain about why some U.K ADMIN kicked them. I play this game with respect and dignity and I expect the same from everyone else. It is a game to have fun on but " FUN " does not mean go around and wrecking and causing damage to those who are on the game. And not to mention that when a new player comes to the game and they are going through the ranks and all that. They can not progress and might end up quitting the game. A game is only good as it's players and well lately I have seen a lot of " irresponceable " people on here. Pretty much why I play other games

Trust me I am doing all I can. I really think that once i become an admin people might take to the rules better then what they do now. The reason for that is i know where people like to go and act stupid and what not. Being an American ADMIN i think i would have an advantage over people because I am from where they are. I have the same rules they do and well as much as I tell people what to do even though I am not an admin I believe I would be a good but respected police officer on the game. My main objective is to make people follow the rules and respect those who are on the road but at the same time have them enjoy the game as we all try to do. 

^^ I'm sorry, man, but you are not doing a good work here. Asking to be made an admin is a bad thing, you should never do that. Wait until a recruitment process is opened and apply, if you meet the requirements, you can be chosen to be a part of the team as forum moderator or any other role and from there, you have to make your way up to be an IGA. The TruckersMP managers don't make admins out of the blue, just because someone says "I'd be a good policce officer". Read this:

That's the only way. You need to show the team that you deserve to be a part of it and then, that you are trustworthy enough to be an IGA, and it takes a lot of work. Good luck! ;)

We already have a few North American admins, like me, Aragon, sgt_tailor, Cyrusj, etc.

I recommend you not to go around asking to be an admin, and as an admin myself, I have the same mission, I know where they hang around and try as much as possible to clean up the roads but it is not as easy as you imagine.

apparently I worded my posting incorrectly. What I was trying to say that if I was made an admin what my goal would be while on the game. I was in no way shape for form asking to be an admin and I know the rule about waiting and helping other people. The thing I was just stating out was that it has been brought to my attention before that we do not have enough American ADMINS on the game and I thought if or when i was put in that position it would be a little more easy for those who claim all the admins are from the U.K. 

Oh yes the quick save option. I have actually recently in the last few days told several people how to activate it or get it to work. This little handy feature has saved me several times in the past but then sometimes you just can not hit the button in time because of all the congestion. I just had to use it like thirty minutes ago while on Euro Truck Simulator 2 because a driver went to swerve into my trailer. luckily no one was behind me and the driver attempting to ram me ran into the guard rail. But yes quick save is a good option the game has. But you never know until that last second. 

MrHarv98: You sir as a game Administrator should not be using any type of profanity when talking to someone. Especially not on a posting that I have made on here. This is my posting and your attitude towards whoever you are addressing your comment to are not welcomed here. watch what you say on my post!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived