More validation from banned/reported members

[TPH] Zyph

Suggestion Name: More validation from banned/reported members  
Suggestion Description: My group always encountered unreasonable bans from other players, I hope some bans should be check first before adding to the server. Although they got unbanned within 3days they already have a bad record on the system.
Any example images: 
Why should it be added?:
I guess it is fair for all since we don't want any unwanted or unacceptable report. Reporting happened every minute in the multiplayer sometimes even though the player wants to explain his side but he was already reported.

586954.png

Players don't ban other players. All they can do is report, if that report is filed in the website with video evidence, an admin will watch the video and if he sees that in fact, the reported player broke a rule, he will give a ban. If the report is only sent in-game, the reported player will only be banned if an admin comes to that spot and sees him breaking the rules.

So your suggestion about reports being checked before adding bans, that's exactly how things work right now. The only thing someone can do is what @AllstarDK pointed out: Appeal if they think they should not have been banned.

Edited by FernandoCR
Changing YOU for Someone, so nobody feels pointed at ;-)

^ but OP isn't banned so how would he do a appeal ?  he is just pointed out that players might report the wrong player,

but the in-game admins do check every report based on name, id, avatar and so on that way the admins can verify if it's the right player or the wrong player.

if you have further issues about bans and so forth go to the link below :) 

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

If the admin makes a mistake in banning someone, they will mark the ban as a mistake and the ban will be removed from the users profile at a later date.

If the user states that there is an error in the ban or can prove that they are not at fault, the ban will be marked as a mistake and will be removed at a later date also.

We are all humans and sometimes mistakes happen, this is why the appeal system is there for players to explain their actions and as to why they believe the ban is wrong.

Thank you for all your feedbacks, I just realized since 2014 I started to play MP and I saw the changes happened in MP one of those is the massive ban everywhere. Although we cant control it I hope some members should really make sense in using the Report botton.. 

17 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

^ but OP isn't banned so how would he do a appeal ?  he is just pointed out that players might report the wrong player,

but the in-game admins do check every report based on name, id, avatar and so on that way the admins can verify if it's the right player or the wrong player.

Yes sir, this is what I'm trying to figure out. But that's it what we can do for now, just to wait for the admin to review the ban again..

What is really being suggested here? I mean, yeah mistakes can happen, but if an admin wrongly bans you, chances are you'll be unbanned within a couple of days and will have the ban removed from your record, but if you're banned and it's genuine, then obviously admins have decided that either the provided evidence, or what is observed, is enough to prove that you're in breach of the rules and thus require a punishment. It's up to admins what they feel is a genuine concern for people's safety and what's just some road raged person.

As it stands, the reporting/ban system is simple, if a player feels someone is breaking the rules, they have the right to either use the in game report system, which does not always get looked into, or the player can use any screen capture software to record what is happening and submit that to the admins in a report on the webpage, at no point does the player dictate whether a ban is issued or not, that's done by dominos themselves. 

The he most common accidental ban is when in a crowded area such as Europoort or Calais-Duisburg, sometimes an admin will miss click or miss type the ID number of a perpetrator and instead ban an innocent driver, but if the admin realises their mistake, the ban is removed completely etc.

• 1 year later...
On 23.3.2017 at 12:45 AM, lxl Semper lxl said:

if you have further issues about bans and so forth go to the link below :) 

Exactly that is the place you should visit when doubting about whether a ban has been issued correctly or not.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.