Cargo shown in GPS

Suggestion Name: Vehicles carrying trailers shown in the GPS.

Suggestion Description: Nowadays in the GPS it only appears a circle of the vehicle and what I suggest is to add like a rectangle showing trailers behind the circle.

Any example images: No, sorry.

Why should it be added?: It would be very helpful for admins and players in general to see where there are trailers left away in the middle of the freeway, whether if a truck has or not a trailer or even cars, avoiding many accidents.

• Upvote 1

Was trying to find @Kravaty's post, he made a suggestion ALSO regarding the GPS and icons. I do agree that the GPS (as it is of now) is missing some critical information, but i dont think this is the right solution to handle it.

How about something like this for example? 

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/44084-smart-gps/ - perhaps merged together with the trailer icon? 

It has been frequently suggested that the icons should be changed so it's easier to identify other players and which direction they're going, and i think it's a lot more useful than this suggestion. If this get implemented, it would be a clusterf*** in high density areas.

BUT! "The why it should be added" is a different case. and i like that! It would be nice to see if someone has dropped their trailer in the middle of the road on the GPS :) 

2 minutes ago, Captain Caribbean said:

@Joao Rodrigues In high-range curves you can't see what there's after it, and that's what the trolls get advantage in, because you've got no visibility.

I understand your point, but does your example not strengthen the opposite case?

Especially if visibility is limited, special attention and measures must be taken to ensure the safe operation of the vehicle and the safety of all road users.

That may include (but is not limited to) adjusting speed, lighting and even emitting audible sounds (horn).

Though the GPS can act as an auxiliary device for navigation, it should not be used as the primary choice of traffic awareness.

Drive safely!

On 24/03/2017 at 10:36 AM, Captain Caribbean said:

@Joao Rodrigues In high-range curves you can't see what there's after it, and that's what the trolls get advantage in, because you've got no visibility.

It doesn't matter really, in fact, you SHOULD be paying more attention to the road ahead for that very reason and slowing down for bends, not staring at the GPS and barrelling around corners. 

As as for the idea, eh it's debatable, yeah it would make identifying bobtailers, cars and full sizes much easier, but then again, if you're a professional ETS2/ATS player, you wouldn't stare at the GPS to figure what's going on. I mean, I have a GPS in my trucks, but I have it on a wide zoom so I can see my routes better, only in populated areas do I click it down to a closer view to see traffic/spot my drop off zones.

Also, it is a monumental amount of work because of people spawning, despawning, changing vehicles, dropping off, picking up etc etc, there's so many variables to be calculated, placed and checked that it's not worth it.

a simple fix would be to have either a mode on name tags that make them visible through terrain at long distances or that makes disconnected trailers more visible on the road, such as highlighting or attaching a tag to them that can be seen at plus 300m. Alternately, and something I personally want to see, is a marker on name tags at a distance that gives you their distance from you, great for reports and for admins to use to spot people travelling too fast towards them. 

All in all, it's debatable whether it's required, it has its pros, but also it's negatives, some of which are substantial. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...