Timeframe decrease of using Wintermod

ero_x

Hi there,

I would like to make an suggestion to shrink the timeframe of using wintermod.

I'ts already spring-feeling in RealLife and this wintermod is still activated with snow.

My suggested timeframe of using the wintermod: beginning of November till end of February

Reason for this suggestion belongs to myself that I play now lesser ETS2-MP because of the wintermod

is still activated while I'm telling myself it isn't winter anymore.

Regards

VolvoLover

Edited by VolvoLover
  • Upvote 1

If you didn't already know you can disable wintermod.

To do this: (Make sure you are ingame and on multiplayer)

1. Press TAB on your keyboard

2. Right click your mouse and click the settings icon

3. Go to the "Mods" section and uncheck "Wintermod"

4. Now go to the "General" tab

5. You should see "Season Effects" - uncheck this option (Season Effects)

Click apply and then restart your game.

If the text representation above is a little hard to follow, then the thread I linked below is excellent. @Mirko9's response has provided a set of images of how exactly to disable the mod if you are still unsure.

Enjoy.

They added the mod at the 21. December when winter officially starts, so I think TMP deactivates the wintermod with the start of spring, means the 24. march.  

I think shifting the timeframe a bit to the start of November till the end of February is more realistic then driving through darkness at 06 pm in mid march. 

I know how to deactivate the mod, but he's not asking how to deactivate it but rather shifting the timeframe a bit back; and that's what the topic is about. 

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

@Mr. Blue Sky Yeppers, that's what I'm talking about, thanks for this answer better I couldn't mention it myself.

Even if I deactivate the wintermod, there is still snow showing or constant rain - why?! simple: ETS2 asking for the settings of wintermod anywhere deep in the files of MP.

So it really doesn't matter if i deactivate it or not....

• Game Producer
6 minutes ago, VolvoLover said:

@Mr. Blue Sky Yeppers, that's what I'm talking about, thanks for this answer better I couldn't mention it myself.

Even if I deactivate the wintermod, there is still snow showing or constant rain - why?! simple: ETS2 asking for the settings of wintermod anywhere deep in the files of MP.

So it really doesn't matter if i deactivate it or not....

You can disable seasonal effects too (tab), than you'll no longer get snow. I don't know if this also disables rain, but you can disable rain in the ETS2 menu

• Game Producer
16 minutes ago, VolvoLover said:

For completely disableing it I would need to open every package of MP and looking in there, I don't do it or I risk MP doesn't run anymore while I can't programming.

I don't think you need to do that, as I didn't need to do it when I disabled the rain.. Have you already tried re-installing the mod?

Yep many times as I can't count anymore how often I've done it.

And yet always the same result. But however I'm not saying the mod is bad at all, for sure it isn't.

But the length of time it's mainly activated is just to long in my opinion.

Like I said in the opening post: we got spring-time or do you find now anywhere snow that's located in europe?! - I don't.

And that's why my suggestion ;)

While seasons officially start and end on fixed dates, the earth doesn't always stick to these dates. It is currently still snowing in certain area's on the globe.

Disabling the wintermod is mostly done when our developers push another update, this can change the actual date of turning it off as well. For future references, you can disable the mod on your client yourself by unticking it in the TAB settings.

• Upvote 1

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.