Scout Extra_D Estate Variation

FozzyGuy

Suggestion Name: Scout Extra_D - Estate Variation (NOT ADDING A NEW CAR)

Suggestion Description:

So my suggestion is to add an estate variation to the scout cars as it would essentially be like adding another car to the game however it would be much easier because the platform for the scout car is already in the game.

The way it would work would be exactly the same way as the option for different truck cabs but for the car with an option for the current saloon version but an additional option for the estate version

Now people are going to say that adding another car won't happen because it took an entire year to add the scout in the first place however, the platform for the scout mod is already in the game so the only adjustments that would need to be made is for a new body shape (only the rear would need adjusting) with the addition of allowing it as a body variation and possibly adjusting the model for the interior to make it look like an estate from the inside.

Any example images: 

01_front.jpgskodasuperbestate2.jpg

Spoiler

mSwSq04.png

(Image has been photo-shopped for example purposes)

Why should it be added?:

Despite what people think I'm suggesting (A new car) Its just a variation option just like how in each truck there is an option of having a small, medium or large cabin. It's basically the same principle but with the car instead, a regular saloon version and an estate version. I think this would be a relatively easy addition to make and do hope it will be taken into consideration :)

Thanks for your time everyone

Edited by FozzyGuy

19 hours ago, FozzyGuy said:

So my suggestion is to add an estate variation to the scout cars as it would essentially be like adding another car to the game however it would be much easier because the platform for the scout car is already in the game.

01_front.jpgskodasuperbestate2.jpg

The way it would work would be exactly the same way as the option for different truck cabs but for the car with an option for the current saloon version but an additional option for the estate version

Hide contents

mSwSq04.png

(Image has been photo-shopped for example purposes)

Now people are going to say that adding another car won't happen because it took an entire year to add the scout in the first place however, the platform for the scout mod is already in the game so the only adjustments that would need to be made is for a new body shape (only the rear would need adjusting) with the addition of allowing it as a body variation and possibly adjusting the model for the interior to make it look like an estate from the inside.

I think this would be a relatively easy addition to make and do hope it will be taken into consideration :)

Thanks for your time everyone

Like that would change much -1

This topic has been brought to the attention already search forum before posting in future in case your question has already been answered saves time and hassle of repeat posts :D:P 

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

Does the guy really need 5 replies saying the same thing? You guys suggest a search bar but fail to look at comments right above your own? Come on guys.

People should read the topic again <_< this is not about adding a new car :P

+1 I agree with this :) Good suggestion :) We will never have another car in MP but this would give a great customization option to the current car that we have, allowing for more variation in the cars without actually adding any more cars :P Unlike other customization option suggestions that have been suggested before this doesn't make the car look more sporty with different wheels and spoilers but just adds an option to have an estate version of the car :) We can have different cab versions of  trucks (i'e small, medium, large) so having the standard car and an estate option of it would be fantastic :) Really hope this is considered and accepted :) 

You should edit this suggestion with the format ;)

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Edited by Killua (DavidOC93)
  • Upvote 1

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Edited with the correct format.

16 hours ago, BLU // MUTLOB said:

Does the guy really need 5 replies saying the same thing? You guys suggest a search bar but fail to look at comments right above your own? Come on guys.

^ He has a point

Seeing as most people missed the point of this post, let me tell you this: IT IS NOT A THREAD REQUESTING A NEW CAR! IT'S A SUGGESTION FOR A CUSTOMIZATION TO THE CURRENT CAR!!!

I did search to see if anyone had suggested an addition to the current car and as far as I could see, there weren't really any.

@DiegoLBC1 you posted links to posts asking for new cars.

Also @Killua (DavidOC93) is the only person who actually seemed to actually read the post and didn't jump the gun thinking its a new car (I stated that it isn't a new car in the original post - I even provided a photoshopped example showing it as a customization)

So next time before you comment on a suggestion complaining about how it's already been mentioned before, READ THE POST - Then you won't jump to these conclusions making yourself look a bit silly.

• Upvote 1

You didn't search too deep. There have been suggestions to add paintjobs to the car (rejected), to add new rims, tires, etc. (rejected). A paintjob is a lot easier to add than this Estate variation and the developers said that the car will not be changed in the near future (not even paintjobs or wheels, so much less likely a new bodywork). And don't forget that it was somehow a "gift" from the developers, the Scout was meant to be for admins use only when the project was started.

I think that the game doesn't need this modification to a non-essential (not to say useless) addition, -1 from me.

Edited by FernandoCR

32 minutes ago, FozzyGuy said:

@DiegoLBC1 you posted links to posts asking for new cars.

"So my suggestion is to add an estate variation to the scout cars as it would essentially be like adding another car to the game however it would be much easier because the platform for the scout car is already in the game."

It's the same case taht "new skins" or similars (new platform/paintjob/wheels = new mod). Just simple... 

Read the FernandoCR post above, it's just my point.

Edited by DiegoLBC1
76561198274653564.png

18 hours ago, CrazyPillow said:

TruckersMP doesn't support third-party mods unless they really want to add something. I think this won't be added, and several cars have been suggested before.

This is not a third party mod, it is something the TMP team would develop. Also it is not a suggestion for a new car, but a suggestion of additions to the current one. @CrazyPillow I would just like to make sure that you know, that for the rest of this post I am not specifically referring to you. 

Can I please outline that people should practice what they preach. Before making yourself look like an idiot and telling people that it has been suggested before. READ THE SUGGESTION NOT JUST THE TITLE! Also before telling people to look at other posts, TRY LOOKING AT OTHER PEOPLES COMMENTS!

I am glad I have gotten that off my chest. I hope people read this and apply it to everything, not just this post. Comments like this are not needed and are just derogatory and unfortunately could deter people from using the forum. If these people must be someone that has to have the last say in everything, then I suggest you find another forum.

Thank you  

3 hours ago, fidget3306 said:

This is not a third party mod, it is something the TMP team would develop. Also it is not a suggestion for a new car, but a suggestion of additions to the current one. 

Yes, but no.

There will be no addition of other items to the Scout, because is necessary remake  the mod like a "new car", and the Scout took 1 year to complete.

I suggest you read previous suggestions about others item addition (lights, beacons, paintjobs, etc.) to the scout, and were rejected for the same reason.

76561198274653564.png

2 hours ago, DiegoLBC1 said:

Yes, but no.

There will be no addition of other items to the Scout, because is necessary remake  the mod like a "new car", and the Scout took 1 year to complete.

I suggest you read previous suggestions about others item addition (lights, beacons, paintjobs, etc.) to the scout, and were rejected for the same reason.

I know this and have seen the posts. I was simply stating fact to people who do not read a suggestion before commenting. 

22 hours ago, DiegoLBC1 said:

the Scout took 1 year to complete.

But you still aren't reading the original post!

It took a year to make the car from SCRATCH

The platform is already there, all that would need adding is a few lines of code and a second model.

Before you say I should do it, I have no experience in 3D modelling and If I were to make it, it'd then be classed as a third party mod.

45 minutes ago, FozzyGuy said:

But you still aren't reading the original post!

The platform is already there, all that would need adding is a few lines of code and a second model.

You didn't understand what I said.

To add the new "body", you need to 3D modeling. I said before, it's like a "new car". Isn't simply "adding a few lines of code and a second model".

76561198274653564.png

10 minutes ago, DiegoLBC1 said:

You didn't understand what I said.

To add the new "body", you need to 3D modeling. I said before, it's like a "new car". Isn't simply "adding a few lines of code and a second model".

If you even bothered to look at my photoshopped screenshot you would see that it's a model variation just like small cabs and large cabs on trucks, NOT a completely different car

Just now, FozzyGuy said:

If you even bothered to look at my photoshopped screenshot you would see that it's a model variation just like small cabs and large cabs on trucks, NOT a completely different car

Please, read AGAIN: "To add a simple "new body", you need to 3D modeling. I said before, it's like a "new car".

Even if it's just a variation of the body to existing model, it will been modeled at the same way, so it's basically the same thing as modeling a new car.

76561198274653564.png

The structure is still there so It would only take a month or two, not a whole year. Go through the files which make up the mod and then you'll find that it's was simpler than you'd expect. If the TMP team were to duplicate the model for the car and then manipulate the rear of the car into an estate shape, they could easily add a second file for the model variation which would link to the new model.

1 hour ago, DiegoLBC1 said:

I said before, it's like a "new car". Isn't simply "adding a few lines of code and a second model".

So in regards to your reply saying its not as simple as adding a few lines of code, in fact its just as simple if not easier.

The main model just needs duplicating and then the duplicate needs adjustments to make the body into an estate body style.

As to add a second cabin variation, the "standard.sii" file just needs duplicating and renaming to "estate.sii" and in that file, the code which directs to the normal body style would need changing to the new body style and finally the cabin variation part would need changing from "variant: cabin_a" to "variant: cabin_b"

That would then create the second cabin type and then you're done.

The physics, sounds, and other entities are already there so again, it would only take a month or two. The file coding side of things would take 1-2 hours and the rest would be manipulating a duplicated model of the current car.

All in all, there would still be no new car, the only adjustment would be in the shop and the body shape.

mSwSq04.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.