Forum Attachment Increase

lxl Semper lxl

Suggestion Name: Increase Attachment File Size

Suggestion Description: I was wondering if the attachment could be increased from 500kb's to 1mb some signatures is more than 500kb's and being honest up to 1mb would be more than enough to get creative.... and show some good quality images

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added? It would give users just that little more space to create a decent signature :) 

Also I have a 265kb file in my attachment I cant remove because the topic its located at is locked maybe adding a clear all option or something maybe handy....

• Upvote 1

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

You say 'some signatures is more than 500kb's' - Please may I remind you of the Forum Rules, which clearly specify that:

Max filesize: 150KB total download

Therefore, please ensure that you are not going over that limit. Your signature also doesn't seem to be working right now... http://prntscr.com/em1cow

Yes having more space would be handy, but these limits are there for a reason, and if more space was granted, you'll just make the same suggestion again when you run out of space.

Your best friend here is a tool called LightShot - This allows you to crop your Print Screens and it will automatically upload them to the web. You can then copy the link it gives you into the Forum Post and then the Image is there without any of your space being taken up. It's the tool I used for the link above about your signature. Very handy tool indeed.

Hope this helps.

- Penguin

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

@Penguin its ok you can scrap this it was my resolution that was causing the file size to sky rocket but can you clear my attachments in my profile one image wont remove for some strange reason

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

@Penguin I read the forum rules but however I do notice that other users have breached this and this includes staff aswell does this need to be looked at again further.......

We have the following restrictions on signature size:

Max height: 150px (Any height excess of 150 px will be hidden automatically)

Max filesize: 150KB total download

In addition, no blinking gifs or other animations are allowed.

Moving gifs or animations are allowed.

1 minute ago, Penguin said:

Then please email [email protected] with details and a Project or Community manager will look into this for you.

I honestly don't want to make an issue of this at all I just wondered what the actual problem was..... and thanks for the offer but I wont be needing that email as I don't plan to pursue anything lol..... was just curious and asked.....

Well, say everyone had a large signature etc right?

When viewing a page, your computer makes a connection with the TruckersMP Web Server. It then has to request and download each image on that website before displaying it to you. For really popular threads, such as those in Off Topic, it would take a very long time to display everyone's signature if it was over the allowed limit. Now having a slow web page causes a negative effect on SEO, Search Engine Optimisation. This will mean that we'd rank lower in Google Searching etc. - Therefore, the 'actual problem' may well seem small (slower loading times) but the actual problem can then become larger (reduced SEO ranking)

If you need any more clarification, or didn't understand that, let me know :P

Kind Regards,

Penguin

• Upvote 1

Current Status: status.png

Waddle On!                    

2 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Well, say everyone had a large signature etc right?

When viewing a page, your computer makes a connection with the TruckersMP Web Server. It then has to request and download each image on that website before displaying it to you. For really popular threads, such as those in Off Topic, it would take a very long time to display everyone's signature if it was over the allowed limit. Now having a slow web page causes a negative effect on SEO, Search Engine Optimisation. This will mean that we'd rank lower in Google Searching etc. - Therefore, the 'actual problem' may well seem small (slower loading times) but the actual problem can then become larger (reduced SEO ranking)

If you need any more clarification, or didn't understand that, let me know :P

Kind Regards,

Penguin

I understand what you mean lmao :) as I stated above was just curious and asked a question and you answered it ;) 

pffft @Penguin I still gonna get you ;):P see you on the road sometime ;) 

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.