Villasenor

I bought a G27 (new) and was absolutely worth it. It's a complete new driving experience with a H-shifter, pedals and a steering wheel. You can learn how to clutch tho. A normal car has 5-6 gears with a reversed gear.

When I had my G27 I first of all had to learn how to clutch. I started with Range-Splitted

ed4b1f30e8.gif

And after quite a time I needed a new challenge, so I changed to Range Transmission:

ed48b23dee.gif

This is the transmission I use currently. Yeah it looks really difficult and as in fact I needed 2 days to learn this system (even though I had the Range-Split-Transmission for months, I still had struggles with this new system). But I can tell you, the more complex the transmission gets, the more fun it makes to drive ;) 

Oh, and there is also another advantage, like I said a normal car has 5-6 gears with a reversed gear. And when I play ETS2MP, I always use the Range Transmission (image 2) so if you learn how to clutch in ETS2MP, then it will be absolutely no problem to drive a car in real life. And when you even learn the most difficult Range-Transmission as I did, driving a car in real life is ez ;) 

1 hour ago, Lucas Peterbilt said:

I have a very good wheel is a Logitech G29 319,99 € here the Link http://gaming.logitech.com/de-de/product/g29-driving-force

And the Shifter +59,99 € http://gaming.logitech.com/de-de/product/driving-force-shifter

Best regards

Lucas Peterbilt

Getting them at your local electronics store might be cheaper. I saw some offers around 250€

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

I have a G920 and its been a dream for me its packed away at present I bought that specific one because it does Xbox One and PC and I have both when I had it setup for ETS2 back when I had a cpu desk it was amazing changes the game completely for me also it has vibration also which was a bonus..... I bought the shifter for it also.... But I found it pretty easy with clutch and so forth but I drove HGV for a living so in game wasn't difficult for me.... even though I don't have a comparison with wheels I did find this one the best solution for me the wheel itself also has paddle shifters but I ended up configuring them as indicators as I have the shifter lol

all in all great wheel and easy to setup with ETS2 if you go through the configuration wizard properly..... and edit each key to your needs via the keys input :D 

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

Hey, I was going to get the G27 but in my local area (gumtree) there was a driving force gt which has 900 degree rotation, force feedback and enough buttons. This is kinda similar to the G27 but obviously the G27 has a H-shifter and is better but if on a better budget then the driving force GT is really good. It also clamps onto your desk with ok pedals. I got this for 35 pound (pound button isn't working on pc soz). However, if you do have the money it might be worth trying the G27 for the shifter.

My Driving force GT

Spoiler

Video:

Photos:

Some links (looking at it I feel the G29 has gone down in price 

Hey, I'm using the Logitech G29 + Logitech Shifter. First thing you might notice is the vibration, but what I've done is I disabled the engine ffb in the game options. For the shifter, I use Scania 12 speed (which works the same as splitter+range selector. Only difference is it shows 1-6 with Low and High. At first, it completely messed me up so I just used splitter only for a few weeks, then I went with Scania 12 speed. I often drive on the C-D road, which makes me accelerate and slow down quite a lot at peak time.

KkdaC1b.png

Im using a 50 euros Logitech Driving Force GT(bought second hand), 900º turn with force feedback, makes a bit of noise while turning but considering the price its a matter of opening it and use non abrasive lube paste(for plastic), its awesome, only have sequencial shifter tho, but you can buy a proper shifter and connecting it with the wheel, all depends in how much realism you want, if you want realism, then the most expensive models are to consider, if you only want a wheel that can make 900º turn with force feedback, then the driving force gt(if you can get one, they are cheap) is a strong opponent, my two cents.

I personally recommend the Logitech range of wheels.

Logitech have a good reputation when it comes to reliable, quality hardware which also gives you a lot of the features compatible with many brands of games.

My recommendation for a casual simulator player who wants a good quality wheel which is capable of meeting a good amount of features that most simulation games have to offer - I recommend the Logitech Driving Force GT. The Driving Force GT is extremely cheap especially with some second hand deals. This wheel gives me more than enough enjoyment for games such as ETS2 / ATS / OMSI. With 900 degree steering, a sequential shifter (NOT H shifter) and plenty of buttons which are all fully functional with many games along with an excellent force feedback support + mechanism. This wheel is a little noisy compared to other wheels, however with headphones / loud speakers the noise is no worry. 

The downside when going for a cheaper option such as the one mentioned above is the unfortunate lack of a H shifter and clutch pedal. This feature brings another level of realism to the game and makes it a lot more fun.

If you wanted this feature, my recommendation from the lower price scale would be a Logitech G25. If you want a mid ranged price wheel the Logitech G27 is better due to the larger amount of buttons and better internal mechanical features which provides a smoother force feedback experience.

The most expensive but newest Logitech model: The Logitech G29 / G920 -

This is quite expensive however it gives you a lot more comfort, more functional buttons as well as the most modern and up to date functionality of any wheel in the Logitech range. The G29/G920 force feedback is one of the smoothest out of the Logitech Series. The wheel has a clutch pedal and an optional H shifter which must be bought separately.

Take a look around on YouTube for a much detailed review of the wheels. Don't forget to explore the Thrustmaster wheel range. I know Thrustmaster are also another good wheel brand to look for.

It is not always needed to spend $300 + However the main features you should look for to ensure you spent your money well is: 900 degrees of steering rotation and a fully functional force feedback system. You can also consider a wheel supporting a H shifter and clutch pedal if you really want that.

Good luck :) 

I have the g920 as stated above I have normal shifter for it where can you get a high and low box at reasonable price cause I found a site but dam after you choose your setup costs more than the wheel and that was expensive as it is cost me £280 with gear lol

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived