Why do people report? My opinions on Reporting

M.J.

Im not having a go at anyone or anything but recently I have seen an increase in people reporting. You see people nowadays mass reporting and using free cam in busy areas to report people. Now from what I have seen most of the people who are reported have done something on accident such as clipped a trailer or pulling out when they can't see a truck in their blind spot. The way I see it is, this is just a game and people do make mistakes. This is why I don't report those small crashes (most people say sorry). Recently I did report someone and they did get banned but this was because they were constantly ramming and travaling in the wrong direction. I am fine with reports like this but this is my opinion on those who mass report: 

1. The majority of mass reports I have seen tend to be about small rule breaks (Like a small bump or accidentally doing something). I have even seen some reports which the consequence should only be a kick or something. My point is this is a waste of time

2. I feel like the people who report when just parked up and using free cam just want to feel like admins. This isn't all bad as major rule breakers can be caught but like i said before, most the time it's someone who just accidentally clipped a trailer. 

3. I have heard from some admins that they get about 500 reports per day which is a massive amount. This just creates a bottle neck in the report system and wastes admin's time. In addition to this, people then have the cheek to complain about waiting time etc.

My point is, the amount of reports on small instances which might not even result in a consequence is clogging up the system and people then just go onto complain. IDK why people take it so seriously. Yes, it is a simulator and is meant for driving realistically but on the other hand it is just a game and some people need to calm down. 

Don't take this the wrong way, im not saying you shouldn't report because some people are worth reporting due to major rule breaks but some video evidence I've seen is just pathetic.

Let me know your opinions if you want and lets have a nice disscussion. 

(Note: This post is not meant in a mean or insulting way. Furthermore, I couldn't decide if this should be in General or off-topic. When Im not sure I just put it in off-topic as anything tends to fit in that section of the forums)

Thanks for reading

-MJ 

I agree with you on some points here.

I see many people who decide to play ETS2MP, purposely to report people. They don't want to play, just want to record and report people.

I personally report the people who need to be reported; Those who ram me etc... I don't go out of my way to report people, like many do, for the silliest of reasons.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

I keep reporting. But I can say that over 90% of my reports are accepted, some of them declined because the reported player was already banned and very few of them declined because of not enough evidence (video too short) and/or "only a kickable offense". What I mean with this is that reporting is a good thing, as long as you report bannable offenses with solid evidence.

And of course, my reports come always while I'm in my truck's cabin, driving on a road, doing a job. Those people who just log in to stay in a place hunting rule breakers to send dozens of reports because it makes them feel important, I despise them.

I only report players on the site that affect me (ramming into me etc), if they say sorry then I don't bother reporting them... The reason why I don't report people that ram into other people is because it takes too much of my time uploading videos etc...

The only time when I report players for doing something to another player is when they are being racist in the chat, racism is one of the worst things... (i'm sure people will agree with me on that)

"Oh someone clipped my trailer with his car? I'm going to report him asap!" No I'm not that kind of person. Sadly, some people spend their time just to record and crave to find little mistakes done by others. There was times that I recorded the video, and when I went to sort all the recordings, I was like "meh", that guy will only be in a future episode of Random Moments, be happy! I do love going in Death Road, but sometimes too much of it can get me stressed which isn't a good thing. Then that's why I enjoy driving at other places with my friends like Patrycja and MrHarv just to name a few.

Take it easy guys! We all do mistakes, we're humans so.

KkdaC1b.png

WOW, I thought i was gonna get a load of hate for this post. Thanks for the replies, it's always nice to see people's views. It's also nice to see an admins view on this @Sysgen so thanks for that. 

:D:) 

4 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

I keep reporting. But I can say that over 90% of my reports are accepted, some of them declined because the reported player was already banned and very few of them declined because of not enough evidence (video too short) and/or "only a kickabl

e offense". What I mean with this is that reporting is a good thing, as long as you report bannable offenses with solid evidence.

And of course, my reports come always while I'm in my truck's cabin, driving on a road, doing a job. Those people who just log in to stay in a place hunting rule breakers to send dozens of reports because it makes them feel important, I despise them.

Nice! Its good that most get accepted. Its people who waste time and do it I kinda dislike. I don't really have anything against people who just relax and drive and if they do encounter something which is worth a ban then fair enough. 

2 hours ago, _Lee_ said:

The only time when I report players for doing something to another player is when they are being racist in the chat, racism is one of the worst things... (i'm sure people will agree with me on that)

Of course this is something that should be reported! Its not only against the rules, it is against the law. I don't get raciest people, we are all human and in game no one actually knows each other in real life so it is hard to judge someone which makes it unfair. Even when the people know each other or see them irl it's still not alright and is more of an issue. 

11 hours ago, Spieker said:

I agree. I also only report intentional ramming, trolling and such.

I do the same, although often funny moments caused by that get uploaded to my plays.tv for you to all enjoy :troll:

I usually drive down C-D road and it usually results in at least one report. And a legitimate one as well

76561198206943368.png  If my post helped, don't hesitate to click that green up arrow! ^_^

@MJ720 I think many of the kiddies are just sad and mad that recruitment for new staff members is closed. To me it seems like most of these players, that seem to start driving only with the purpose of reporting new members, just want to become admins as they like the feeling of being in charge of things. Maybe they have some kind of a god-complex or something similar... Since recruitment is closed though, they just start reporting insanely amounts of members for the most ridiculous things as they probably just hope this will get themselves a bonus when the next recruitment period starts. It's just all about being in control of things and the feeling of having the power to do whatever they wanna do.

Don't get me wrong, of course i think that reporting players for major offenses is still something we should do, as there are still many players around that behave unbelievably reckless and those players need to be kept from gaming in MP as they are just being bad for the community. But some reports are just ridiculous, i have already seen people reporting others for driving with beacons on at high populated areas or some accidents that didn't occur on purpose. These kind of reports just cause an overload of reports being sent in to the admins, meaning they can't really keep up with dealing with the important ones as well in the meantime.

In fact i get the impression like most of the players just turn mad way too fast ingame and take things a bit too serious. Of course, i am one of those truckers that is aiming for as much realism in game as possible, sticking to speed limits and traffic laws, but i still get that this is a game that's accessible to anyone that wants to join in on MP, and therefore mistakes will be made. As long as people don't troll others on purpose, i don't see a reason why we should turn mad. We should always keep in mind and ask ourselves how we want other players treating us, and behave the exact way towards them. Because next time, it may be you or me that is making a mistake, and obviously we wouldn't want the other person to completely freak out and file a report straight away, do we? Therefore we should all keep calm and don't take things too seriously, mistakes can happen and as long as it wasn't on purpose we shouldn't make a big deal out of it... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

• 3 weeks later...

Archived