Why don't you play ATS and/or ATSMP?

FemmyVoid

Greetings Fellow Truckers,

Just wanted to ask why so few people play on American Truck Simulator, multiplayer at least. I have had the game since it was first realized and have noticed that not a lot of people play it. Same with all of my steam friends, they all play Euro Truck Simulator 2 rather than American Truck Simulator.

Please leave your reasons why you, or other people, don't play it.

Thanks! :)

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

I'll try to roughly sum up the game's releases:

When ETS was released, you had access to all of the famous truck brands (even if back then they were "licensed" as Valiant or Majestic) - In ATS you could get only 2 trucks (even if pics of VNL and of the International Lonestar were released) and you had quite limited choice of tuning parts. And then there is the map (aka the game world):

Spoiler

The grey dots are the non-DLC cities:

8441234246_796ccb4e74_o.jpg

Meanwhile in ATS:

new_ats_rescale.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my reply to your posting. As a member who has both American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 I would like to not speak for everyone but primarily myself. I have had the American Truck Simulator game since it was come out. The game ran smooth as it could possibly run. There were no issues with the game and all was good. well over time the developers have made some new changes which have caused the gameplay to not be as fun. Now with that being said I would like to talk about this recent update. Whatever they did they have caused some major issues within the game. The lagging is so horrible I do not want to play the game anymore. I mostly play Euro Truck Simulator 2 because for one all the trucks that we can use on there is fun to choose from. Second I like that there is a large variety of players on the sever. Third I have all the DLC maps plus the heavy cargo pack and mighty griffin pack. Fourth There is so much more cargo to haul and so many more places to drive to and explore and all. So mainly why I believe that most of your friends are leaving American Truck Simulator and playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 is because they are getting tired and burnt out on doing the same loads over and over and over and over and only having three states to travel to. You are limited to two type of trucks and they are either the Peterbuilt or Kensworth. However on Euro Truck SImulator 2 we have a lot of trucks to choose from. Maybe you should try the game and so you can see the difference. 

I mean honestly, I can say that I play both. I will say this though, The main reason why, is because of the features that lack in American Truck Simulator. They have been developing the game for over five years and we only had one State. The features lack in American Truck Simulator such as physics that even Euro Truck Simulator has.

I would love to play, but the multiplayer server doesn't allow the use of VR headsets (or the VR patched version of the game)  thus, I'm not going to play without VR when I normally play IN VR.  IF they were to change that, I would love to play again.

On 16.03.2017 at 6:10 PM, BalisticGaming said:

Selamlar Fellow Truckers,

Sadece neden bu kadar az insan American Truck Simulator, en azından çok oyunculu oynamak istiyorlardı. İlk fark edildiğinden beri oyuna girdim ve pek çok kişinin oynamadığını fark ettim. Buhar arkadaşlarımın tümü ile aynı, hepsi Amerikan Kamyon Simülatörü yerine Euro Truck Simulator 2'yi oynuyor.

Lütfen siz veya diğer insanlar tarafından neden oynamadığınızın gerekçelerini bırakın.

Teşekkürler! :)

It's due to the width of the map.

2 minutes ago, BalisticGaming said:

Sebeplerden birinin ne olacağını düşündüğüm şey budur. Bence bu harita büyük değil. Umarım yeni Scania Truck, ets2'ye eklendikten sonra ats'da daha fazla çalışacaktır.

Teşekkürler

ATS has many cities. There are no crowded roads like C-D place, you can explore the map well

Heii first of all.

There are a lot of things to mention why ets2 is way more popular than ats. Most things were mentioned already, lack of tuning options and choice of trucks, limited possibilities within freight market and, probably the most important one, which is now after the expansion even more important: that feeling that you are not alone. Within ets2, you will meet other truckers on the road. Sometimes more or less, but you always find someone. People who play the mod want that. They don't want to truck alone thousands of kilometers with really nobody around them. SP with AI Traffic is better then. Since it has been never a lot more players (take out original release + Arizona dlc) these players who do play ats mp regularly don't really care about these problems. 

Advantages in SP overcome MP. 

I would love to see more players in ats mp but I can understand why they are not there. Hopefully the future changes it..

hola gente como estan, les cuento no me activa la cuenta en truckers mp, ya asocie mi cuenta con la de steam, ya tengo creada la cuenta como veran, mi ats es original, hace dos dias no me la activa y nose que mas hacer ayuda, me dice cuenta no activada, la complican alpedo, antes bajabas el multiplayers logeabas y listo ahora nose que tanto, ayuda porfa.

Honestly, everything has already been said. I bought Euro Truck Simulator and American Truck Simulator within the same day and now I regret spending my money on ATS2. It's simply not worth it considering there's nothing to do. Developers definitely ruined the experience. ETS2 simply has more players and more things to play with.

although converse said ATS2 when its ATS lol

I agree, ETS to me has more to offer, I have alot or friends, both added to steam and not added, but ETS2 to myself is more enjoyable :)

On 16.3.2017 at 5:10 PM, BalisticGaming said:

Greetings Fellow Truckers,

Just wanted to ask why so few people play on American Truck Simulator, multiplayer at least. I have had the game since it was first realized and have noticed that not a lot of people play it. Same with all of my steam friends, they all play Euro Truck Simulator 2 rather than American Truck Simulator.

Please leave your reasons why you, or other people, don't play it.

Thanks! :)

I still do. Not that often but I still play it. Of course, ATS doesn't have that much content as ETS2 but if I want to escape the masses of ETS Drivers I'm playing ATS. It's more relaxing than ETS2 ^_^

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

Here we go again @FirestarteR93.. 

Why do you feel compelled to answer in topics about a game that you don't even own or have played? If you would've played the game, you'd know that the level of detail is much greater in ATS, compared to ETS2. Right now you're just trying to make a point by posting pictures that doesn't say anything about the differences in quality of those two games. It doesn't surprise me that your point is invalid when you've not even bothered to get your own experience of ATS. But it does surprise me that you, without own experience of ATS feel called to answer about a topic about it. 

There's 2 reasons I don't. 

1) No RHD option without mods (meaning no MP) 

Anyone who knows a Brit knows we don't like going out of our comfort zone ;) I've tried LHD on ETS2MP, but driving RHD ingame and IRL, I always poorly calculate the turn and crash into everything, drive out of lane, it's a disaster. With no RHD on ATSMP, I'd just crash into everything and ragequit. I can drive on the other side of the road no problem, it's just the cab I have difficulty switching. 

2) I'm European, so I prefer the locality. 

I pretty much only got ETS2 because it was Euro, I love European set games. More close to home, full of cities i've driven too, plus it's where most people are and I'm a social driver. 

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

Not a lot of people, no cool features (eg. ferries, trains in ETS2), not many trucks and not a lot of DLC options for expansions. 

The map is also kind of small compared to ETS2. I'm sure if they extended it to at least have the majority of the USA there would be a lot more players. Its desert with really no interesting aspects scenery wise, the east coast would probably be a better place for that.

Archived