raising awareness for high beams

Hello I'd Like To Rase The Awareness About Others High Beams At Night Time I Have Seen 4 crashes so far from this and myself almost have crashed because of it  I'd like to know how we can help with this Awareness as it has almost made me crash and some others due to night time and high beams is there a forum about this or when you should dim your brights ? for a certain distance. Thank You " volvos-updated-active-high-beam-control_

Greetings,

I have also seen a lot of truckers which either leave their high beams on, or constantly flash them. I have had a few crashes because of reduced visibility.

For anybody viewing this, there are only some points during driving when you SHOULD use your high beams;

- When no a country road, or road without street lamps. However, this does not mean you leave them on. You should turn them OFF when you seen a truck or car approaching you.

- When your at a junction and you want the other person to go (giving way). You should flash your high beams at least 2 times to let them know that you want them to go.

Thanks, and hope this helps to create some awareness! :)

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

In general, it is acceptable to use high beams on any unlit road, country road and on motorways.

However, care must be taken to ensure that other road users are not jeopardized by high beams.

High beams must be dimmed at oncoming traffic and preceding traffic to prevent dazzling other road users.

If you are approached by another vehicle with its high beams turned on avoid staring into the light and instead look on the right roadside (UK: left roadside) until the other vehicle has passed.

Additional reduce your speed if necessary.

Drive safely!

I know this issue may annoy a lot of users.... It bugs me as well but you have to take into consideration this is a game that children play not everyone knows how the rules of the road works nor does half of the people who play online even visit this forum.... they go onto site to download mod and that's it.....

No matter how annoying this issue maybe be I doubt it will ever be solved once you take all the facts into this... and being serious it isn't a reportable offence nor kickable...

I myself have had a few accidents due tot his but hey what to do :) 

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

3 hours ago, lxl Semper lxl said:

I know this issue may annoy a lot of users.... It bugs me as well but you have to take into consideration this is a game that children play not everyone knows how the rules of the road works nor does half of the people who play online even visit this forum.... they go onto site to download mod and that's it.....

No matter how annoying this issue maybe be I doubt it will ever be solved once you take all the facts into this... and being serious it isn't a reportable offence nor kickable...

I myself have had a few accidents due tot his but hey what to do :) 

You are very true sir.

Thanks for the help Lol I the road is bad I Myself have to drive with high beams but i do lower them as soon as I See a Truck so :P, because due to my PC low frame rates as its a 32bit PC but has had modifications so it's able to play ets2 but with very low rates so :P and when someone has there brights on I can't see so it makes it very hard to drive :( .

On 18.3.2017 at 11:03 PM, Kiwi Crash Gaming -Crash The Owner said:

its a 32bit PC but has had modifications

psst. not technically possible.

I'm using the wintermod, so when it's fully dark my high beams are on. If there's someone moving into the light of it I turn them instantly off. As long as the driver passed me.. But I never crashed or weren't able to see anything because of others Beams.

Is it really that intensive that you can't see anything?

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

50 minutes ago, Mr. Blue Sky said:

I'm using the wintermod, so when it's fully dark my high beams are on. If there's someone moving into the light of it I turn them instantly off. As long as the driver passed me.. But I never crashed or weren't able to see anything because of others Beams.

Is it really that intensive that you can't see anything?

Greetings,

I am not using wintermod currently. I only use it around Christmas sort of time. What what you said about it being "intensive" depends on a few factors;

1) Your game brightness,

2) You graphics/any graphics mods,

3) Your display settings.

For me it can be quite blinding, mostly when it's a truck with 4 or more added on lights. Hope you understand.

Thanks! :)

9 hours ago, BalisticGaming said:

Greetings,

I am not using wintermod currently. I only use it around Christmas sort of time. What what you said about it being "intensive" depends on a few factors;

1) Your game brightness,

2) You graphics/any graphics mods,

3) Your display settings.

For me it can be quite blinding, mostly when it's a truck with 4 or more added on lights. Hope you understand.

Thanks! :)

umm.. ok.. I understand your point. And again I learned something :) 

Nothing to see here. Keep on scrolling 🫠

On 3/20/2017 at 2:24 AM, Tuxy Fluffyclaws said:

psst. not technically possible.

Lol you think that but if you like to test me you can the hard drive was pulled out of my old laptop which was a I7 HP laptop that's how I used to play the game the laptop I'm using now is a Toshiba which is supposed to be a 32bit laptop I5 but because the software on the harddrive I'm using is a HP hard drive which thinks this PC is a I7 laptop HP but it works with little to no problems so yes its very possible if you know what your doing" ... ;) 

Idk if this relates to this but I also want to spread awareness something related to this: Don't flash your high beams and spam honking the user infront of you just because the user in front is doing the speed limit. This really frustrates me while driving in one way roads. Just bloody overtake and don't harass other players that are driving within the speed limit. 

My view of the high beam lights:

- No Lamp Poles at night on my road - ON

- No one in front of me, either my lane or reverse at night - ON 

- When a player reaches my field of view or i see a blue dot in GPS in front of me - OFF

- "Cluster fluff" in front of me (aka big accident getting in my field of view, when getting close, turn them off) at night in an area with no Lamp Poles - ON (Prevents players behind you to go into the mess and make it bigger, tested already and worked)

- Player in front of me have no lights turned on at legal night time hours (19:00 - 07:00) - ON

- Before overtaking when a player gets on and off my lane (aka driving all over the place) at night - Flash ony when necessary to get player attention of whats going on around him

The game experience i believe as said above is different for everyone, with my setup this is what i do or get to a point that going for this method help me preventing accidents, as again, this is my take after playing a lot of MP.

On 3/23/2017 at 7:23 PM, Killua (DavidOC93) said:

I've never seen highbeams as a problem and there is no way they should be blinding at all, I see trucks and cars with highbeams on all the time and it has never affected me, I really don't see how they can be so blinding that you crash :o

When its dark i can't see past someone when they have their high beams on .

In the USA u flash Your Lights to let the user that has brights on to dim them .

• 3 weeks later...

Archived